Coach Be vewy vewy quiet we're hunting coaches.

If we can't get Clarko - who do you want as next NMFC coach?

• Leon Cameron

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Mark "Chocco" Williams

Votes: 87 32.0%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Nathan Buckley

Votes: 25 9.2%
  • Adam Yze

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Don Pyke

Votes: 25 9.2%
  • Daniel Giansiracusa

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • James Hird

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Scott Burns

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jesus

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Satan

Votes: 24 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Gary Ayres

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Supercoach Patch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

. Clarkson x 4 flags ( 5 g.f.'s )
. Hardwicke x 3 flags ( 3 )
. Thompson x 2 flags ( 3 )
. Simpson x 1 flag ( 2 )
. Longmire x 1 flag ( 3 )

One common denominator amongst that lot.
Denis Pagan coached them, or was an assistant coach to Pagan.

So... 10 people have voted for James Hird :oops:

I'd rather move to Tassie than allow him anywhere inside our walls
I thought that at first.
But if he got us a premiership and * kept losing finals it would be pretty funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. You're going to trot that one out a bit now aren't you?

Well here's another chance for it.

People are mentioning Hird and Buckley.

I wouldn't touch Buckley. People can dismiss this view as petty, he might be the best candidate etc.

But football is about the energy and emotion people invest in a club. He's twice completely disrespected what our club - 2nd time around he didn't even conjure up a "I really appreciated their approach" etc in interviews when he rejected us. Giving him the role would be culturally branding ourselves with a lowly status. Like how every Australian film falls over itself to cast at least one yank to feel relevant.

Hird on the other hand, I can understand the ethics angle but my real objection would be his coaching CV isn't that much to hang his hat on. And that was with a squad on the gear. Pass.

Lol. You're going to trot that one out a bit now aren't you?

Well here's another chance for it.

People are mentioning Hird and Buckley.

I wouldn't touch Buckley. People can dismiss this view as petty, he might be the best candidate etc.

But football is about the energy and emotion people invest in a club. He's twice completely disrespected what our club - 2nd time around he didn't even conjure up a "I really appreciated their approach" etc in interviews when he rejected us. Giving him the role would be culturally branding ourselves with a lowly status. Like how every Australian film falls over itself to cast at least one yank to feel relevant.

Hird on the other hand, I can understand the ethics angle but my real objection would be his coaching CV isn't that much to hang his hat on. And that was with a squad on the gear. Pass.
I feel like you're somehow missing out on a pretty obvious link between the two. Buckley disrespected us. Hird disrespected the entire sport.

I feel like you're somehow missing out on a pretty obvious link between the two. Buckley disrespected us. Hird disrespected the entire sport.
Yeh I totally get why people feel that. Can only express an honest own opinion that I think Hird was part of a shit program and served his time for it.

For whatever reason and I might need counselling to address it, he bothers me less than Buckley. However it's not a problem I'd expect to deal with as I don't think he should be our next senior coach.

Yeh I totally get why people feel that. Can only express an honest own opinion that I think Hird was part of a s**t program and served his time for it.

For whatever reason and I might need counselling to address it, he bothers me less than Buckley. However it's not a problem I'd expect to deal with as I don't think he should be our next senior coach.
I don't even know why I posted tbh, you didn't say anything bad. I think I just have a pretty large issue with Hird that is completely removed from the Essendon v North stuff. Genuinely don't understand how he managed to get back into the league.

Been a long day I guess.

Yeh I totally get why people feel that. Can only express an honest own opinion that I think Hird was part of a s**t program and served his time for it.

Look, neither of them are that great when it comes to actually coaching a footy side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Be vewy vewy quiet we're hunting coaches.

Back