Coach Be vewy vewy quiet we're hunting coaches.

If we can't get Clarko - who do you want as next NMFC coach?

• Leon Cameron

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Mark "Chocco" Williams

Votes: 87 32.0%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Nathan Buckley

Votes: 25 9.2%
  • Adam Yze

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Don Pyke

Votes: 25 9.2%
  • Daniel Giansiracusa

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • James Hird

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Scott Burns

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jesus

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Satan

Votes: 24 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Gary Ayres

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Supercoach Patch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's not Clarkson, then Simmo is easily the next best candidate.

If he's not possible then I have no idea. I prefer someone with experience so would probably lean Pyke.

But I'm not opposed to a first-time coach as long as they have a Chocco/Ross Lyon/other experienced mentor come in with them in a type of Director of Coaching role.

I hope we can get chocco in just any way and then put Jy under his wing and he will fix up his kicking.

I just want an experienced senior coach who can get the best out of our young blokes because they are heaps talented
So you'd prefer Choccos over Clarksons? Those are my top 2 as well but I'd order them:

1. Clarksons
2. Choccos

So you'd prefer Choccos over Clarksons? Those are my top 2 as well but I'd order them:

1. Clarksons
2. Choccos
No, ‘in any way’ I meant as like an assistant, dev coach, etc. because I’ve heard such great things on podcasts about how he has like changed players.

Clarko is my top but I don’t really care who at the end of the day as long as they are an experienced senior coach who can make our guys start playing consistently good footy. (Except for Lyon & Hird they can stay away)

There is hope... that we wont get Simpson.

f612a78b-dcae-4451-8983-66ca4bdeb315-jpeg.1445398

True. I believe even if we have spoken with Clarko we wouldn’t have admitted it
Sonja never said we haven't spoken to Clarko, just that she hadn't.

Here is a left field thought, that no doubt will be ridiculed, but why not get Dennis Pagan back as Director of Coaching to oversee Patch as the next coach?
Patch isn’t ready and Pagan has been out of the game far too long. Love them both for their contributions to the club but I wouldn’t like to see either of them in any combination with anyone else either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL legend Leigh Matthews, in a left-field suggestion, threw up Williams’ name as a senior coach candidate, rather than putting him in a development, mentor or assistant role.

Williams coached the Power in 273 games across 12 seasons, including their inaugural AFL premiership in 2004

“Mark Williams is a premiership coach, he’s been around the footy world. He didn’t get the job at the Giants when he was there as the 2IC to ‘Sheeds’ (Kevin Sheedy) but they moved on to someone else,” Matthews told 3AW’s Sportsday.

“In terms of credibility, Choco’s got it because he’s a premiership coach and he’s been involved with football clubs all through (the years since he left Port). It’s not as if he hasn’t coached for a decade and coming back.”

Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy added: “He’d put them on the map. He’s an entertainer, he’s a promoter, he’s very much cut of the Kevin Sheedy cloth.

“You may have come up with a fantastic nomination, Leigh, because from the outside he looks like he fills the breach as much as anybody.”

There is hope... that we wont get Simpson.

f612a78b-dcae-4451-8983-66ca4bdeb315-jpeg.1445398
Haha fcuk this WA media does my head in!

The heading and photo paints a picture that Sonya and Ben have already come grovelling to Simmo but the elite autocrat Eagles have swatted us away like peasants, yet the article says they ‘understand’ that his ‘former team mates’ have reached out to him. So no hard evidence, just (allegedly) some old mates chewing the fat.

I’m pretty sure Shannon Watt dropping Simmo a txt with photos of his holiday in Egypt doesn’t constitute a move by the current board for him to coach us Duffield you sensationalist dickhead..

This mob is second to only Jabba’s mob in the sensationalism stakes..

Haha fcuk this WA media does my head in!

The heading and photo paints a picture that Sonya and Ben have already come grovelling to Simmo but the elite autocrat Eagles have swatted us away like peasants, yet the article says they ‘understand’ that his ‘former team mates’ have reached out to him. So no hard evidence, just (allegedly) some old mates chewing the fat.

I’m pretty sure Shannon Watt dropping Simmo a txt with photos of his holiday in Egypt doesn’t constitute a move by the current board for him to coach us Duffield you sensationalist dickhead..

This mob is second to only Jabba’s mob in the sensationalism stakes..
Catering for their audience...they're a bit different over there in WA.

Sonja never said we haven't spoken to Clarko, just that she hadn't.

No, to be fair she was asked if anyone from the club had and she said no.

Re-watch, you'll hear it.

No, to be fair she was asked if anyone from the club had and she said no.

Re-watch, you'll hear it.

Just to post this as proof;

[Reporter] "Sonja have you spoken to Alistair Clarkson or have you put in a call to Alistair Clarkson's management about the coaching position?"

[Sonja Hood] "No."

[Reporter] "Has anyone on the executive, or formally connected to North Melbourne done that?"

[Sonja Hood] "No."

At the 17:59 mark of the press conference;

Just to post this as proof;

[Reporter] "Sonja have you spoken to Alistair Clarkson or have you put in a call to Alistair Clarkson's management about the coaching position?"

[Sonja Hood] "No."

[Reporter] "Has anyone on the executive, or formally connected to North Melbourne done that?"

[Sonja Hood] "No."

At the 17:59 mark of the press conference;

Would be in pretty poor taste to say yes with Noble sitting there in those circumstances...just food for thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Be vewy vewy quiet we're hunting coaches.

Back