Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Am surprised we haven't thrown him in the centre. His ability to keep his feet is freakish
I jumped on to write the same thing, he shows similar traits of power and speed to that of De Goey, Dusty, Dangerfield and Stringer. I can certainly see him in 2 years time once Adams / Pendles / Mitchell and Sidebottom retire getting midfield minutes

Had a small stint in the last in the midfield at center bounces and immediately had an impact.
They need to persist with it, slowly increasing his game time there.

We were absolutely thrashed in center and imo he goes a bit of the way to addressing why.
As much as we ought to, we probably won't.

He looked great in the middle and alongside Jordy that will be a lot of physicality for future midfields to deal with. Considering he started his career as a workhorse pressure forward, Beau has an incredible amount of potential.

The fact we were forced to throw him in there against the 16th ranked side is extremely concerning though. Instead of just trying it for half a quarter like it's a pre-season game, if you believe in it make the call and drop one of Adams or Mitchell and play him there. Similar to how he's been hiding Howe the last two weeks, throwing him forward late then playing him on the wing in the 2nd half yesterday.

Anyway, unless Mitchell and Adams can turn around their current form, let's get Beau in there more. He can be so impactful but goes missing up forward, lets have him around the ball constantly, his physicality is a game-changer.

Mitchell needs a spell, was great early in the year, been poor last three weeks. Adams and Mitch rotating through the forward line is no longer working. Get Maynard, McCreery and DeGoey in the guts to bust a few heads and break a few hearts. At the end of the day we just don't look as hard, hungry or determined as we did a month ago.

Hard for me to eat my Weet-Bix, seeing Beau banged up like that, but I suppose it's hard for Beau to eat his own Weet-Bix.

His head looks rather elongated, like it has been pulled through a small pipe. Those Hawthorn people were animals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope so, but I tend to think that there's an element of you've either got it or not when it comes to hunting the footy.
Matt Rowell doesn’t get much of the footy! Just lays a shitload of tackles, and almost half his touches are clearances

Matt Rowell doesn’t get much of the footy! Just lays a shitload of tackles, and almost half his touches are clearances
I meant getting clearances when I said hunting the footy. Beau would get a lot of tackles and when he got the footy, he'd stand up in a tackle as well as Cripps, but not convinced he'd get it a lot, as he sits and waits and isn't very instinctual.

I meant getting clearances when I said hunting the footy. Beau would get a lot of tackles and when he got the footy, he'd stand up in a tackle as well as Cripps, but not convinced he'd get it a lot, as he sits and waits and isn't very instinctual.

He didn't in the small stint in the last he went in after it.
But I do get what you mean overall, not sure I agree he can't refocus his approach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back