Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope so, but I tend to think that there's an element of you've either got it or not when it comes to hunting the footy.
If we draw a face on the footy, he might get more of it.

Anyone else think that he could be a real wild card in finals as a tagger? Applies good pressure and can tackle. Could really help us in a final if we are getting dominated by a mid like neale who always kills us.

Anyone else think that he could be a real wild card in finals as a tagger? Applies good pressure and can tackle. Could really help us in a final if we are getting dominated by a mid like neale who always kills us.

Neale would slip him in traffic pretty easily..

He is our most improved player this year no question.
I'm a bit disappointed in his year. Had high hopes but I felt like he stagnated and was basically the same.
McCreery's stats reflect this:
First figure is 2022, second 2023. Averages.
Pressure acts: 18.5; 16.8 (above average)
1%ers: 1.5; 0.7 (was elite now below AVG.)
Tackles: 3.9; 3.9 (above AVG)
Tackles i50: 1.5; 1 (elite/above AVG)
Goals: 0.6; 0.7 (average)
Goal assists: 0.6, 0.6 (average)
Shots at goal: 1.4; 1.3 ( below AVG)
Score involvements: 3.6; 3.8 (below AVG)
Disposals: 9.3; 10.1 (below AVG)
Contested possession: 4; 2.9 (was average now below AVG).

Josh Daicos, Murph and IQ were our most improved players.

I'm a bit disappointed in his year. Had high hopes but I felt like he stagnated and was basically the same.

I think that’s more likely a reflection of how we’ve played, spread the load, and moved the footy than reflecting how he’s performed. Stats like team marks inside (+3-4 average 2023 [4th in the league] v 2022 [11th in the league]) for instance meant his role changed. I personally think he’s had more impact this year.

Overall, those stats would suggest he’s at best, stagnated. Somewhat gone backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't argue with the numbers, he hasn't improved in '23 as much as he improved in 22. In Beau's case there's a couple of things to note:

• He has carried an injury for a few games this year.
  • As others have alluded, his role has changed. Last year he was a tackling machine and whilst his tackles i50 remain elite, he has a broader role in 23. His mission has changed and adapting to that might him take some time.

I couldn't imagine playing a final without that pitbull terrorising the opposition.

I don't argue with the numbers, he hasn't improved in '23 as much as he improved in 22. In Beau's case there's a couple of things to note:

• He has carried an injury for a few games this year.
  • As others have alluded, his role has changed. Last year he was a tackling machine and whilst his tackles i50 remain elite, he has a broader role in 23. His mission has changed and adapting to that might him take some time.

I couldn't imagine playing a final without that pitbull terrorising the opposition.
Great points. It’s also worth remembering that player development in footy is rarely strictly linear and he may well develop exponentially next year and the years following.

He was outstanding in the first month or so of the year. Just need our Beau to start punching out that level of form in terms of goals and score involvements a bit more consistently. His tackling is always elite.

I love Beau. Become a favourite of mine , love his laid back approach, but still gets the work done

Enjoy when he crunches or tackles a bloke and they look behind to see who it was. Just a legend with a man bun and an expressionless look on his face

I love Beau. Become a favourite of mine , love his laid back approach, but still gets the work done

Enjoy when he crunches or tackles a bloke and they look behind to see who it was. Just a legend with a man bun and an expressionless look on his face

Love your reference to Beau’s ‘expressionless look’. I’ve wondered about that too, and I think it’s what a serial killer looks like when they take out another victim. Business is business.

Love your reference to Beau’s ‘expressionless look’. I’ve wondered about that too, and I think it’s what a serial killer looks like when they take out another victim. Business is business.
Are they brooches in your pic?

I saw some great transfers on a truck, waited for the driver to come back and ask where he got them but took too long so didn't hang around.

Not sure how many of you heard Selwood and Cotchin comments last week about them targeting L Neale and every bump and hit makes a difference. with Adams now officially ruled out I'd love to see McCreery given some minutes in the midfield even only 4-5 min. all he needs is one bone crunching tackle a qtr and he will really stifle their midfield run

Remove this Banner Ad

Back