Ben Cousins' 250th game

Remove this Banner Ad

Good onya Ben, Have a great game on the weekend!! tear those swans apart!
We still miss ya in the west, all the best for the game.. good luck Tigs

For all the accolades, brownlow medal, premierships, captain and the drug episode and he still leaves every last drop on the field, bloody terrific.
This is a player that every single player at RFC should use as a measuring stick in terms of giving their all.
What a revelation, as I am like a lot of other Tiges supporters who didn't have as much admiration for him when in Eagles colours, it's amazing what yellow and black does to some players.

Having Ben play for us this year just reminds me how much we have been lacking absolute champions of the game play for us.
I feel fortunate to be able to enjoy him now, but pray we can develop some players of his ilk from the ground up.
Also makes me envious at how West Coast fans must have enjoyed 240-odd games of his. The great thing is, most of them are genuinely enjoying seeing him playing again even in different colours.

Congratulations Benny Boy, it has been a pleasure watching him dominate for so many years now, I still believe that the 06' grand final day was in the top 5 days of my life including proposing to my beloved!!! And I am also glad that he went to Richmond who the Eagle supporters dont have a hatred of (unlike Collingwood, Fremantle etc....)

One question, saying he continues playing at the intensity he is playing at now, how many games do you think he will end up with? If he plays for the rest of the year he will finish on 253 due to the Tigers not making the 8, do you think there is ANY chance he will play for 2-3 more years? Or is next season his last season, which will mean he finish on roughly 270... (leaving 4 games next season for injuries)
Personally I believe he should be a 300 game player but that one year out might just cost him.....

Congratulations Benny Boy, it has been a pleasure watching him dominate for so many years now, I still believe that the 06' grand final day was in the top 5 days of my life including proposing to my beloved!!! And I am also glad that he went to Richmond who the Eagle supporters dont have a hatred of (unlike Collingwood, Fremantle etc....)

One question, saying he continues playing at the intensity he is playing at now, how many games do you think he will end up with? If he plays for the rest of the year he will finish on 253 due to the Tigers not making the 8, do you think there is ANY chance he will play for 2-3 more years? Or is next season his last season, which will mean he finish on roughly 270... (leaving 4 games next season for injuries)
Personally I believe he should be a 300 game player but that one year out might just cost him.....
I wouldn't put it past him to play for two more years such is his dedication and work ethic. You only have to look at the bloke and you can tell he means business.
After what he's been through, I reckon the fire is still and well and truly burning. He has unfinished business and it won't end here.
I can now see why he is so adored in the west.

well done cuzzy to notch up the 250.
very glad he is able to finally reach a well deserved milestone,
been counting this day down for sometime, even though he is in the yellow and black. Happy he got given the chance and good to see some great footy from cuz lately.

Crossing my fingers for a 250th Memorabillia Piece - West Coast/Tigers.

But best of luck and hope the tiger boys can get a win for him!

I wouldn't put it past him to play for two more years such is his dedication and work ethic. You only have to look at the bloke and you can tell he means business.
After what he's been through, I reckon the fire is still and well and truly burning. He has unfinished business and it won't end here.
I can now see why he is so adored in the west.

The man is a powerhouse..I started with the WCE 17 years ago, and was gutted when all that shit went down and he was ****ed off that way after all he had given to that club, I found it too hard to go on as WCE supporter.

Its great to see him play again, its what he lives for. For him never to play again was to me unthinkable.

I was called a nutter, how many times did I hear "Snorkels shut the **** up" and "snorkels you ****ing fanboi" when I put in my 2 cents worth about Cuzz when Tigers first picked him up..I'm just so pleased to see that he has earned nothing but admiration now from the Tigers supporters who can see he has earned it.

F ***k it was hard to hear him decribed as a "washed up druggie" a "hack" -"coke zero" and all the other shit names used to pull him down ,by many in here (BF) and in the community in general.

This man is a legend and will go on to give so much to Richmond now and beyond his playing days..he would not sign with another club, he knows about loyalty and "the team is everything", and to those who passed him over..f**** them..he has a point to prove and lets hope its eyeing off a GF spot next year.

I know why WCE fans miss him so much, he gave his heart and soul to that club as he will and is to this one. Its 120 percent from Ben.
I love Richmond because they cared about a man ostracised and blacklisted, who just wanted a chance and was stepped over as though he were dog shit by 16 other clubs.

I knew given half a chance he would answer all his critics and let his footy do the talking..as a man, he dont say much but his footy says "F*** you..eat shit".

Snorks, Amazing post. Very much respected.

The man is a genius and the day we drafted him was one of the best days of my tiger supporting life. We had another star to stand along side the tigers greatest star Richo.

It has not panned out that way this year but next year I am certainly excited about!

Snorks, Amazing post. Very much respected.

The man is a genius and the day we drafted him was one of the best days of my tiger supporting life. We had another star to stand along side the tigers greatest star Richo.

It has not panned out that way this year but next year I am certainly excited about!

Definitely Jisha..I would love to see Richo back next year.A great bloke with a Tiger heart and he makes me smile too..a real character.

The man is a powerhouse..I started with the WCE 17 years ago, and was gutted when all that shit went down and he was ****ed off that way after all he had given to that club, I found it too hard to go on as WCE supporter.

Its great to see him play again, its what he lives for. For him never to play again was to me unthinkable.

I was called a nutter, how many times did I hear "Snorkels shut the **** up" and "snorkels you ****ing fanboi" when I put in my 2 cents worth about Cuzz when Tigers first picked him up..I'm just so pleased to see that he has earned nothing but admiration now from the Tigers supporters who can see he has earned it.

F ***k it was hard to hear him decribed as a "washed up druggie" a "hack" -"coke zero" and all the other shit names used to pull him down ,by many in here (BF) and in the community in general.

This man is a legend and will go on to give so much to Richmond now and beyond his playing days..he would not sign with another club, he knows about loyalty and "the team is everything", and to those who passed him over..f**** them..he has a point to prove and lets hope its eyeing off a GF spot next year.

I know why WCE fans miss him so much, he gave his heart and soul to that club as he will and is to this one. Its 120 percent from Ben.
I love Richmond because they cared about a man ostracised and blacklisted, who just wanted a chance and was stepped over as though he were dog shit by 16 other clubs.

I knew given half a chance he would answer all his critics and let his footy do the talking..as a man, he dont say much but his footy says "F*** you..eat shit".

Fantastic post!!! Welcome aboard. Anyone who was at the richmond family day this year would have seen the excitement generated by cuzz. 10,000 people to an event which usually only attracts about 3,000 says it all. The man is a football genius and I pray that he keeps his shit together off the field so he can help our great club improve.

Congratulations Ben on your 250th.

By far the best footy news story of the year and possibly the best come back to the game ever, considering what he has been through.

Looking forward to continuing watching him play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benny you ****ing legend. Congrats to the champ, and good luck this w/end Richmond. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Cousins' 250th game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back