Ben Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

He wants to live in Melbourne, doesn't care which team it is for. His family wants him away from Melbourne and have been calling in favours from Brisbane, Port and Fremantle (well his family wants him away from football completely but if he is to play they want him at one of these three places). Has too many "friends" in Melbourne and Sydney for the families comfort.

Still has to get past the AFL, even if they clear him to play they will put in hurdles to stop him coming back, ie hair sample testing or putting pressure on the clubs.

He wants to live in Melbourne, doesn't care which team it is for. His family wants him away from Melbourne and have been calling in favours from Brisbane, Port and Fremantle (well his family wants him away from football completely but if he is to play they want him at one of these three places). Has too many "friends" in Melbourne and Sydney for the families comfort.

Still has to get past the AFL, even if they clear him to play they will put in hurdles to stop him coming back, ie hair sample testing or putting pressure on the clubs.

If Cousins listens to that and Freo or Port play along then he can be gauranteed almost of that by going into the PSD with only Melbourne (salary cap) and West Coast with a pick before Freo and Port. How Freo supporters would think about that I am not sure (mixed I think). Port adelaide would be a safe bet.

He can definitely nominate a fee when nominating for the ND. Only first & second year players are prevented from doing this.

As for Collingwood making a deal, I can't see how they can. They can get him to put a price on his head, but they then have to wait and see what happens in the draft. If someone else drafts him, agreeing to his price, then that's it - game over.

True, but Cuz can put a two year deal of $700k a year ($1.4 million) on his head that most clubs (except for the salary-capless-Blues) would baulk at and go to the Pies, who would turn it into a three year deal by adding $100k (total $1.5 million or $500k per year).

Anyone that wants to do a deal with him can and will get him. Same as has always been the case.

Got a feeling the AFL won't let him back.

No chance, the AFL promotional team will be licking their chops at a successful Ben Cousins comeback.

Something to keep everyone interested over the preseason, and imagine the ratings/crowd attendance on his return game, esp if he goes to the Pies!

No chance, the AFL promotional team will be licking their chops at a successful Ben Cousins comeback.

Something to keep everyone interested over the preseason, and imagine the ratings/crowd attendance on his return game, esp if he goes to the Pies!

have they released the draw yet? because if they haven't, im guessing they might want to have a WC/collingwood in the opening round at the g ...

I've been told from a pretty reliable source that the AFL are prepared to let him play again.

Looks like he'll end up at Collingwood also

I work at the AFL Store in Chaddy. Ben came in about 3 days ago and bought 2 Collingwood jumpers, 1 long sleeve and 1 short sleeve. He also bought an orange training jersey the one with 'Wizard' emblazoned on the front and 4 pairs of Collingwood shorts (2 black and 2 white).

I work at the AFL Store in Chaddy. Ben came in about 3 days ago and bought 2 Collingwood jumpers, 1 long sleeve and 1 short sleeve. He also bought an orange training jersey the one with 'Wizard' emblazoned on the front and 4 pairs of Collingwood shorts (2 black and 2 white).

Players don't need to buy shit like that.

As if he wouldn't just wait and get that shit for free.

One of the least credible rumours I've seen, and this is BigFooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players don't need to buy shit like that.

As if he wouldn't just wait and get that shit for free.

One of the least credible rumours I've seen, and this is BigFooty.

Sorry I forgot to do one of these :p

But you took it hook line and sinker :D

The truth is my uncle's chiropractors sister is sleeping with the nephew of Bens garbage collector and he went through his bins and saw heaps of documents with Collongwood letterheads.

i dont need to dream... he wants to come to COLLINGWOOD and WILL do so.... not brisbane.. not st.kilda (despite their best buttering up efforts).. or port(chococo said he doesnt want him anyway)....

do u honestly think any club in its right mind would want a player (albeit a superstar) with his history coming to their club if he doesnt want to play for them???? great way to bring on a relapse.. being stuck in an environment where u dont want to be.....cousins has a great relationship with malthouse and this is the biggest drawcard there is for him...

for all of u others out like saints and brissy supporters dont bother getting ur hopes high because barring a miracle-especially in brisbanes case- he will not be at your club....

BTW why would he buy a house in port melb if he wasnt sure of where he wanted to play....
That explains why Collingwood have withdrawn their interest in, and chase for, Cousins. ;)

It's posted on BigFooty, if you want to take a look.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509732

i dont need to dream... he wants to come to COLLINGWOOD and WILL do so.... not brisbane.. not st.kilda (despite their best buttering up efforts).. or port(chococo said he doesnt want him anyway)....

do u honestly think any club in its right mind would want a player (albeit a superstar) with his history coming to their club if he doesnt want to play for them???? great way to bring on a relapse.. being stuck in an environment where u dont want to be.....cousins has a great relationship with malthouse and this is the biggest drawcard there is for him...

for all of u others out like saints and brissy supporters dont bother getting ur hopes high because barring a miracle-especially in brisbanes case- he will not be at your club....

BTW why would he buy a house in port melb if he wasnt sure of where he wanted to play....

hmmm and i thought cousins was definately going to the pies 100% guaranteed ha ha ha ha what a joke good on ya spartan you were on the money this time lucky you didn't reveal your "credible" source

hmmm and i thought cousins was definately going to the pies 100% guaranteed ha ha ha ha what a joke good on ya spartan you were on the money this time lucky you didn't reveal your "credible" source

yes.. st.kilda and brissy got their miracle.. as for me... well.. no more outlandish starements that make me look like a dick...
good luck to BC hope does well at brisbane (would be better for him than saints-voss and co are a sensible bunch)....
as for my source cost she cost me 1k and am not happy about that either... oh well.. such is life.

Naughty Ben?.....But how many of you or your friends or parents take cold pills in winter and hay fever pills in summer(both full of speed)I know some,,they never shut up,,,People say XTC is bad but they take prozac(same thing),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

sour grapes!

Why is it sour grapes? There are a lot of supporters who said they didn't want him at their club, like me, I said right from when the rumours started about him returning to footy, that I didn't want the Bombers to take him, although I am in the minority of Bombers who don't want him.

It's not sour grapes, it's just that some people don't want to take the risk of drafting a 31 year old, who did his hammy in his last season, hasn't played footy for ages & has a drug problem.

Naughty Ben?.....But how many of you or your friends or parents take cold pills in winter and hay fever pills in summer(both full of speed)I know some,,they never shut up,,,People say XTC is bad but they take prozac(same thing),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Actually, those medications no longer have pseudo effedrine (sp?) (speed) in them anymore, but nice try.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back