Free Agency Ben McKay [Joins Essendon as RFA]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The suggestion of a "wink wink" from the AFL when there is plenty of information out there explaining the salary cap situation that really juiced up last years FA compo.

I feel like that has all been pretty clear from the moment that Doedee netted end of first round compo but if your just catching up now then that's fine.

The suggestion of a "wink wink" from the AFL when there is plenty of information out there explaining the salary cap situation that really juiced up last years FA compo.

I feel like that has all been pretty clear from the moment that Doedee netted end of first round compo but if your just catching up now then that's fine.
Yes I'm aware the old cap was applied to the compo last year.

I'm still very surprised that someone making sub $800k over the life of their contract got band 1 compensation.

Hey Ben, how are you enjoying your decision to jump ship to the "in contention haha" Bombers. Plenty of years left on your contract to enjoy those good times ahead.

Hey Ben, how are you enjoying your decision to jump ship to the "in contention haha" Bombers. Plenty of years left on your contract to enjoy those good times ahead.
Nobody outside of the media said we were "in contention". But hey, you do you.

Bullet dodged. Thanks Bombers.

Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF by PeacockTV

You have a 30 year old Sam Frost as your #1 defender...

Good ole big ears is just hitting his prime.

Kinda crazy how Sam Frost is more reliable with ball in hand than Magoo.

Good ole big ears is just hitting his prime.

Kinda crazy how Sam Frost is more reliable with ball in hand than Magoo.
This is the first time ever that Frost and McKay have been comparable. Enjoy it this year while it lasts.

McKay will be back to being better next year and hereon in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the first time ever that Frost and McKay have been comparable. Enjoy it this year while it lasts.

McKay will be back to being better next year and hereon in.

Please don't besmirch Frost's good name by comparing him against the likes of McKay. Completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Please don't besmirch Frost's good name by comparing him against the likes of McKay. Completely irrelevant to the discussion.
Well, your discussion was based on not wanting McKay. Who is ten times the player than the player you have in the same position. So kinda relevant.

Well, your discussion was based on not wanting McKay. Who is ten times the player than the player you have in the same position. So kinda relevant.

Nah.

1722220612836.png

Using points against is so basic. Like using disposals as a measure of how good a midfielder is.

Though it's to be expected from you.

One defends well 1v1.
The other one struggles.

I'll let you guess who's who.

McKay is a mark or bust player. He is an absolute space cadet when the ball hits the deck. Really needs to stop handballing to the opposition as well, especially when your season is on the line.

One defends well 1v1.
The other one struggles.

I'll let you guess who's who.

McKay is a mark or bust player. He is an absolute space cadet when the ball hits the deck. Really needs to stop handballing to the opposition as well, especially when your season is on the line.
Eh. I was taking the piss a bit. McKay has been good this year for us, as has Frost for you. Our issues stem from Laverde, Heppell, Kelly and Redman in particular. Need to get a proper partner and someone to release Ridley to be more aggressive.

Eh. I was taking the piss a bit. McKay has been good this year for us, as has Frost for you. Our issues stem from Laverde, Heppell, Kelly and Redman in particular. Need to get a proper partner and someone to release Ridley to be more aggressive.

Me too, king.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

He's OK as a lockdown key but is shocking off the deck and is not suited to play how Scott wants him to play.

Some of those handball misses are absolutely unforgivable though.

A lot of cash for a B grade defender at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Ben McKay [Joins Essendon as RFA]

Back