Ben Cutting

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, Aussies selectors only look at NSW bowlers who have a few decent games. Ben has had a good start to the season, just needs to produce it consistently.

Personally, I would rather keep guys like Cutting, Laughin, Rimmington and Walter in the Bulls team so we can win the trophies that matter.

Above 135..not super quick. But is quite aggresive.

IMO unless you're Glenn McGrath, you've got to be bowling 140+ to be successful at international level these days. Siddle was lethal against SA when bowling 145+ yet looked pedestrian against England when bowling mid to late 130s. And Brett Lee well he bowls - dare I say it - 'pies' when he drops below 140...

:rolleyes: Show me a New South Weshman who's been called up to the ODI team after only 4 List A matches in his career.

This thread is idiocy.

Haha..

Yeah its unbelieveable Cockley bowls well for half a shield season and does ok at North Sydney against WA, to then start bowling (maybe) for Australia...seriously what is going on Dirk Nannes, Ashley Noffke, Brett Geeves, Stuart Clark are going to kill some poor bastards at training this week.

I can see someone doing an Adolf Hitler rant on youtube about this...:rolleyes:

IMO unless you're Glenn McGrath, you've got to be bowling 140+ to be successful at international level these days. Siddle was lethal against SA when bowling 145+ yet looked pedestrian against England when bowling mid to late 130s. And Brett Lee well he bowls - dare I say it - 'pies' when he drops below 140...

Yeah exactly true. The only exception is reverse swing.

The wickets are better, the batsmen have adjusted to playing the ball with quicker reflexes (dare say 20/20 has helped this).

140kmh is the new 130kmh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha..

Yeah its unbelieveable Cockley bowls well for half a shield season and does ok at North Sydney against WA, to then start bowling (maybe) for Australia...seriously what is going on Dirk Nannes, Ashley Noffke, Brett Geeves, Stuart Clark are going to kill some poor bastards at training this week.

I can see someone doing an Adolf Hitler rant on youtube about this...:rolleyes:
thanks for the idea, but I don't know how to do the text.

Yeah I really think Dirk Nannes and Brett Geeves are ahead of Ben Cutting who took 6 wickets, if this happens 4 or 5 times in a season, then he should be looked at, but one good peformance doesn't mean someone should be playing for Australia.

Saw him on Friday afternoon at the SCG against QLD day one. Batted just before and after the Tea break. Had a few nice shots, when he hits it it stays hit. Didn't look to stick around and hit out pretty much.

From what I saw of him in the Big Bash he was getting around 140km/h so he can definitely hit the mark. If he does that in FC or can maintain that is another question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Cutting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back