Traded Ben Long - Traded to Gold Coast with future 4th for 32

Remove this Banner Ad

I think 32 is probably a bit overs.
Perhaps could have been saints future 3rd for suns future 4th. Rather than just the future 4th to suns.

Anyway. Think he’ll add a bit to our defence if he can find a bit of consistency to his game. Buderick, Lemmens, Long, Farrar, Powell are a pretty good athletic and versatile small-medium cohort. He should love playing with these guys down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most think we've done well.

There is just a portion of our board right now who will disagree with everything the club does so giving up that future 4th is obviously proof we are a weak minded and pathetic football club.

Outside of BF it is very different, seen angry Saints fans everywhere on social about him. Not that it matters, I think it was a fair trade overall.

Outside of BF it is very different, seen angry Saints fans everywhere on social about him. Not that it matters, I think it was a fair trade overall.
You'd have to be fairly bias to think it wasn't fair.

I expected to get your 3rd round pick given Long was uncontracted and with a fit list, unlikely to be best 22. So pick 32 is a win.

You'd have to be fairly bias to think it wasn't fair.

I expected to get your 3rd round pick given Long was uncontracted and with a fit list, unlikely to be best 22. So pick 32 is a win.

I think they are more angry about him being let go in general rather than the actual trade.

Yeah, I would say pick 45/46 would be my trade but using pick 32 does not bother me. People go nuts about picks. In case of Suns, they still got picks overload this year from all concessions.

I am more interested if Long can be consistent. I re-watched that last game against Swans. If he can come close to that consistently he will be best 22 and a good pick up.

Pick 55 has ~200 points
Pick 60 has ~150 points

So if we have two future 4th rounders picks in the mid 50’s, with the 20% discount we can match a bid that comes in the mid 30’s.

If the two picks are ~60 we can match a bid that comes in the mid 40’s

No way we just got a 2nd rounder for a bloke who’s gotten 20 disposals twice in 79 games

Enjoy. I would rather Long personally, we need that hard edge but we are stacked with talent so a second round kid does nothing for us. Great for you guys.

Enjoy. I would rather Long personally, we need that hard edge but we are stacked with talent so a second round kid does nothing for us. Great for you guys.

He is verging on being a dirty campaigner, and I loved that about him. When he was sniping, the opposition weren't as keen to play shits and giggles footy

I think they are more angry about him being let go in general rather than the actual trade.

Longy always does little things that make you take notice, he seemingly has all that's needed, and it's not like he's lazy, but if he can do 1/2 to 3/4 of what he did the last game with us, that's the player people see longy being and leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ben Long - Traded to Gold Coast with future 4th for 32

Remove this Banner Ad

Back