ben reids just not good enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicked nine. The only thing worse than watching that matchup was watching Lockyer dominated by Paul Kelly in his third senior match. Oh, and Lockett's 1,300th goal... but I have a soft spot for the Swans, and Kelly and Lockett in particular, so really it wasn't that hard for me to watch at all...

EDIT: Actually, I don't know if I'm thinking of the same match.... I'm thinking of Round 10, 1999, which was a day match against Sydney? Michael got towelled up there too, though. :D

There was a match at the G where they lined up and I'm fairly certain Lockett kicked 10. I was sitting in the Ponsford and it was brutal.

Reid will be fine.

There was a match at the G where they lined up and I'm fairly certain Lockett kicked 10. I was sitting in the Ponsford and it was brutal.

Reid will be fine.

Michael wasn't around when Lockett was at St Kilda, I don't think...

In any case, the moral of the story is that Michael got his arse handed to him on a platter every time he went near Plugger.

And now we're comparing the best full forward of all time to this;

belting2.jpg

crywoldtun6.jpg

Reid will be fine though... but I don't think it's exactly comparable.

Michael wasn't around when Lockett was at St Kilda, I don't think...

In any case, the moral of the story is that Michael got his arse handed to him on a platter every time he went near Plugger.

And now we're comparing the best full forward of all time to this;

belting2.jpg

crywoldtun6.jpg

Reid will be fine though... but I don't think it's exactly comparable.

HAHAHAHAHA....tarks u funny prick...

I thought Reid went alright. Definitely a costly error late. But in all he was promising...especially early where he got a few touches and was pretty good with the ball.

We have no choice but to keep persisting. He is a high draft pick and fits into a position that we need filled badly. So he needs every chance to settle in. The pre-season games are perfect for this. If he plays poorly in the next 3 games then he has blown a chance. But for now we must keep persisting. He needs exposure in the H&A season as well.

It may take a while, and it may not work out. But the upside is huge with this guy...so we don't want to make the call too early.

I think he was good in 2009 in a different role, and was OK agaisnt St.Kilda. Has also been OK in all scratch matches to date and training.

-Blinks-

*Kid doesn't play well in his first game*

Topic starter: DELIST HIM!!

Really, let the kid reach 10 games first, it was a practice game for crying out loud.

Did all those posters bagging Reid, think Chris Tarrant would have had the year he had in 2009 as a key defender??? Tarrant is 28/29

Reid has similar athletic attributes, size & speed. He'll be fine in time. We are getting Reid to play back, 8 years earlier then what Tarrant did.

The point of this: In another year or so I'll then expect an output similar to Tarrant and he'll be 23/24 not 28/29.

Played well tonight in Alice and I'd have him in before Nathan Brown, we need that rebounding CHB, Nathe won't come into his own until he's ready to take Presty's spot at FB.

I actually agree a lot with this, if we want a chb we need to probably give reid first spot in the team over N Brown. I think browny will make it for sure, however it does seem logical that he cant be in when prestis in. Reid if played at CHB will get a lot of chop out from the likes of harry maxy and shaw and even presti. Definitely would free up those first three guys and that can only make our backline stronger.

Good to hear Reid had a good night aswell tonight. Dont know hwat people were expecting against the saints

did anyone else think we protected reid from reiwoldt last week? we went to heater and harry on him and didn't put reid on him at all. smart coaching imo

I actually agree a lot with this, if we want a chb we need to probably give reid first spot in the team over N Brown. I think browny will make it for sure, however it does seem logical that he cant be in when prestis in. Reid if played at CHB will get a lot of chop out from the likes of harry maxy and shaw and even presti. Definitely would free up those first three guys and that can only make our backline stronger.

Good to hear Reid had a good night aswell tonight. Dont know hwat people were expecting against the saints

50 kicks, 22 handballs, 29 mraks and 12 goals... i thought he was ok and just looked like he needs some time to build his confidence and get used to the pace a bit more... tis kid is gonna be a very very good player for us..

"Good practice, kids. Now its time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Reid is cut. Browny is cut. Rusty, you're gone. J-Mac, I like your hussle. Thats why it was so hard to cut you. Congratulations, the rest of you made the team!

Except you, you and you."

"Good practice, kids. Now its time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Reid is cut. Browny is cut. Rusty, you're gone. J-Mac, I like your hussle. Thats why it was so hard to cut you. Congratulations, the rest of you made the team!

And here is our new starting quarter back Anthony Corrie

haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Flaaaaaaaaaaaaandeeeeeeers!":D

Haha, to be fair, Reid WAS a dud before this year. His form came from nowhere.

Crap. He never looked like a dud at any stage.

His form this year was not unexpected by those of us who saw how good his was at CHB in the VFL last year.

Crap. He never looked like a dud at any stage.

His form this year was not unexpected by those of us who saw how good his was at CHB in the VFL last year.
He never looked like a dud at any stage? Reid is going very well at this stage and looks like he could be a quality key defender, but he looked like absolute trash at AFL level prior to this season. Lots of duds can play well at VFL level.

He never looked like a dud at any stage? Reid is going very well at this stage and looks like he could be a quality key defender, but he looked like absolute trash at AFL level prior to this season. Lots of duds can play well at VFL level.

I personally thought he showed a bit as a forward, even at AFL level. Worth persisting with and definitely not a dud.

You may think he looked like a dud and you were wrong.

He never looked like absolute trash and only a poor judge of a footballer would think so.

Remove this Banner Ad

ben reids just not good enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back