John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
Re: Benalla & District

Clearance was refused but I'm sure that JC will have all the info
Clearance refused. Appeal to be heard by VCFL in three weeks.
Other Club delegates claimed, amongst other things that there was not enough time to consider...??
Apart from the three weeks since the application to join the KDFL was also forwarded to the Benalla League, Longwood emphasised at a delegates meeting in March 2008 that the League's agreement to pursue the O&K's offer to join should be pursued with vigour.
The Redlegs knew then that if we stayed as a 5 team league Longwood would lose the Club all together. That is why the committee, members and supporters voted unanymously at the AGM at the start of October to apply to KDFL.
Apparently the BDFL are rueing the days of procrastination leading up to the O&K's withdrawal of the invite.

More history to come in three weeks.
John Carrot

Interesting to see that Longwood seems to be the only club that wants to move foward. Even with all the pushing from the VCFL why would the other four clubs want to stay in the B&D. Seems the only winners from keeping the B&D going is the players getting heaps more than thier worth to play.
Poor form again from the B&D.
Who attended the meeting from Goorambat???
Seem the Bats dont care about thier future!!!!!!!
Or maybe they dont want to leave a 5 team comp for the price of what they call success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like they just want to remain the 'big fish in the small pond' rather than having a crack at a higher level. Surely if Longwood go u can't have a 4 team competition.
If it was down to 4 and the league folded where would the others go and how do u think they would fare in other leagues? Bonnie D$$n may go alright but the others u would think would struggle.

Eastern Swans Football Club Mackay Queensland, is looking for a senior coach and players. The Swans finished runners up in last years Mackay AFL competition.

Mackay is a booming mining city, which services the Bowen basin. Great work opportunities available.

If interested, call Troy Stephens on 0434 593 762 or send a private message to me (loopyboots).

Breking news!
Hear it before it happens!
Longwood to fold and not play the 2009 season.!

:( I know it was hinted on the other BDFL thread that this may happen but let's hope not - although I must say to CD that I too was told the same thing this morning and have received quite a few text messages over the day suggesting this is the case :(.

Is there any word on the circumstances why, how etc - or as previously indicated is it due to the preferred move to the KDFL not getting thru?

Can anyone from the Longwood FC confirm or deny any of this???

:(

:( I know it was hinted on the other BDFL thread that this may happen but let's hope not - although I must say to CD that I too was told the same thing this morning and have received quite a few text messages over the day suggesting this is the case :(.

Is there any word on the circumstances why, how etc - or as previously indicated is it due to the preferred move to the KDFL not getting thru?

Can anyone from the Longwood FC confirm or deny any of this???

:(

Conflicting stories on this one - although I'd much rather hear that it's not true as indicated to me by a couple of Redlegs last night

Conflicting stories on this one - although I'd much rather hear that it's not true as indicated to me by a couple of Redlegs last night

I wouldn't have thought Longwood would have made any decision until after the KDL AGM next Wednesday. KDL clubs were asked for a yes/no decision last week, so would presume there will be an announcement made next week.

Unless Longwood have received the no verdict already and decided to shut the doors.

I still can't understand why the BDFL can't plug along the way they are, which is the way they have been for a long time. Clubs have continously come in - moved out - formed and folded over the last 30 years. To name a few clubs that have been in the league in the last 30 years apart from the ones there now- Glenrowan, All Blacks, Benalla Rovers, Devenish, Thornton Eildon, Violet Town, Strathbogie.

And back in those dim dark ages, when Bonnie Doon had that 12' x 12' tin shed down the bottom of the hill to get changed in(with no shower) there were no seconds, can't remember any netball, just one game for the Sat'dy.

Sorry, got carried away there abit, started to reminisce.

Bu stil the rivalries in the B&D would be as strong as any league anywhere, probably because of the size of the league, which means most players know their opponents.

I wouldn't have thought Longwood would have made any decision until after the KDL AGM next Wednesday. KDL clubs were asked for a yes/no decision last week, so would presume there will be an announcement made next week.

Unless Longwood have received the no verdict already and decided to shut the doors.

I still can't understand why the BDFL can't plug along the way they are, which is the way they have been for a long time. Clubs have continously come in - moved out - formed and folded over the last 30 years. To name a few clubs that have been in the league in the last 30 years apart from the ones there now- Glenrowan, All Blacks, Benalla Rovers, Devenish, Thornton Eildon, Violet Town, Strathbogie.

And back in those dim dark ages, when Bonnie Doon had that 12' x 12' tin shed down the bottom of the hill to get changed in(with no shower) there were no seconds, can't remember any netball, just one game for the Sat'dy.

Sorry, got carried away there abit, started to reminisce.

Bu stil the rivalries in the B&D would be as strong as any league anywhere, probably because of the size of the league, which means most players know their opponents.
Dumbest quote Ive read from you ever!
You dont know much at all.
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

If Longwood does decide to "go into recess", is it possible that they would do something similar to the "Dandenong Redlegs" like Dandenong did in the early 1990s in the VFA when they went broke but in this case it's about moving leagues?

... i.e. apply to the KDFL as a new entity such as Strathbogie Districts get accepted and then re-name themselves Longwood after completing a season in their new home.

Dumbest quote Ive read from you ever!
You dont know much at all.
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Hey cocko, I was just starting to warm to you a little bit, but not now, you have really upset me.

Questioning my knowledge, what right do you have to do that!

Which part of my quote was wrong, wrong and wrong?

Surely you can remember the little tin shed at the bottom of the hill on the use to be bank of Lake Eildon?

Hey cocko, I was just starting to warm to you a little bit, but not now, you have really upset me.

Questioning my knowledge, what right do you have to do that!

Which part of my quote was wrong, wrong and wrong?

Surely you can remember the little tin shed at the bottom of the hill on the use to be bank of Lake Eildon?
*Longwood has already been accepted by the KDFL ( a while ago now) but were knocked back by the B&D
*The decision will come after the VCFL knocks them back this week
*Continously - moved out yes
folded 1 clubs in the last 20 maybe 25 years
moved in one in the last 30 years and went back out
You dont know why playing the same club every five weeks then maybe twice in the finals is not a good thing? You must be as stupid as you sound.
How much did it cost Devenish to win a flag?
How much did Doon have to spend to win a five team comp?
Why would you warm to me?
V.T. sound like they should be taking a step back to the B&D!

*Longwood has already been accepted by the KDFL ( a while ago now) but were knocked back by the B&D
You dont know why playing the same club every five weeks then maybe twice in the finals is not a good thing? You must be as stupid as you sound.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong

Why is playing the same club every 5 weeks stupid, at least some lesser exponents of this great game are getting a chance to show their wares.

What's money got to do with it.

What's VT got to do with it.

Did I ever play against you? Were you that bloke scouting the packs, yapping from behind the play. Or maybe you never got the chance to play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you will find that the majority of clubs in the KDFL will not be in favour. Decision was to be made tonight but my mail is that only two, maybe three, clubs will be in favour, with the strongest resistance coming from those teams on one side of the Midland Highway (my club is one of these and i cant work out why - no further to travel than Violet Town and similar situation with no thirds).

Think you will find that the majority of clubs in the KDFL will not be in favour. Decision was to be made tonight but my mail is that only two, maybe three, clubs will be in favour, with the strongest resistance coming from those teams on one side of the Midland Highway (my club is one of these and i cant work out why - no further to travel than Violet Town and similar situation with no thirds).
Its already gone through for the KDFL ya peanut!

Wrong wrong wrong wrong

Why is playing the same club every 5 weeks stupid, at least some lesser exponents of this great game are getting a chance to show their wares.

What's money got to do with it.

What's VT got to do with it.

Did I ever play against you? Were you that bloke scouting the packs, yapping from behind the play. Or maybe you never got the chance to play?
Would be very surprised if you were good enough to be playing against me. But then again there are a lot of players that seem to sneek onto a bench.

Just thought I would let you know Donkey Dick, that the KDL voted 14 - 10 not to accept Longwood. This happened on Wed night, so I don't know where you get your info from.

Breking news!
Hear it before it happens!
Longwood to fold and not play the 2009 season.!

I see in the Shepp News today Longwood have advertised for coaches for 2009. Why would they do that and then fold?

Have you got any more breaking news for us seeing as you seem to know a fair bit about Longwood? And why did you seem to think they had already been accepted into the KDFL?

Have not had a look on here for a few months and what you know knob jockey CD is still at it.Leave us all alone and get a life you moron

Have not had a look on here for a few months and what you know knob jockey CD is still at it.Leave us all alone and get a life you moron

G’day Ajax
Noticed the Fitzroy Reds in your post and recently read that the Roy Boys are back at Brunswick Oval. Great to see and as in all things footy, what goes around comes around.
Now my “Specko” mate I must quote the Beatles .. “ I heard the news today, oh boy!”
President Shorty sent out an APB text to all the Redlegs’ faithful on the group list to say that the VCFL have denied Longwood the appeal to move to the Kyabram District Football League in 2009.
But reading between the lines, (without privy to discussion) it is believed 2009 is truly the last season of the Benalla and District to allow the Clubs to manoeuvre positions for 2010. For instance, Bonnie Doon hasn’t mucked around to spend money on players to buy the 2008 flag then level that beaut footy ground on the slope of the Eildon Weir back creek for 2009 without an eye on 2010! And bloody good luck to ‘em.
Longwood, in the meantime, will continue to support footy in the district and look forward to a better time in the year after next.
Merry Christmas bytheway, “Ex Pres.” And may we all kick balls in 2009 .. and throw them into the net .. ah .. what I meant to say was a Happy New Year in Footy and Netball to all!!
Cheers
John Carrot

A postscipt, Ajax123

Don't be too harsh on the Cellar Dweller. Note that he is red carded!

Did you know he played Tony the Yugoslav in that classic Aussie movie "The Wog Boy".

When confronted (as CD is in his footy knowledge) he uttered the classic phrase .. "They say I know ****in nuthin .. Huh .. But I know **** all!!"

Cheers
John Carrot

A postscipt, Ajax123

Did you know he played Tony the Yugoslav in that classic Aussie movie "The Wog Boy".

When confronted (as CD is in his footy knowledge) he uttered the classic phrase .. "They say I know ****in nuthin .. Huh .. But I know **** all!!"

Cheers
John Carrot

Yes good call Vegieman I should be more charitiable at this time of the year.But no,after one seconds thought I've changed my mind theres no chance of any charity from me to the great man CD.

Is it Cellar Dweller or Can Do or Cant Do or Cunning ******** or I know it's Celine Dion.
Seasons greetings to you oh great Vegieman and to all other followers of our grassroots game. THE SPECULATOR

A postscipt, Ajax123

Cheers
John Carrot

Think he may have played one of Mark Reads ears in Chopper as well Vegieman.Theres no doult about it though the blokes a star

Just wanted to subscribe to Part 2. Shame there's nothing going on here, I'm really interested in how things are going to unfold over here. It's sad the direction you guys are going in. Good Luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back