Benalla & District

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Jim, I was apart of the bats for four years, I know the people who are running the club and i know the support the club gets. They have people who drive back from Melb just to be apart of the club for little to no money. If i was not doing what i am doing now i would be back their.​

Didn't quite answer the question there Cain1. When was the last time you played in a match for premiership points against either club.​

Thanks slim18 thats what I want to know !:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Maybe Wunghnu and Bats should have a pratice match this year, with players from the Shepparton/Numurkah area. It sounds like it could be a interesting match. Wunghnu have started recruiting well this year and the Bats that have a good core of players that travel down it should be good match

Didn't quite answer the question there Cain1. When was the last time you played in a match for premiership points against either club.

Sorry i didn't know that i had to be a player of the game to understand the game. I might have never played the game before does it make a diffrence. I think that the bats could hold there own in pdfl, they may not be strong early but as a club they will work on it.​

So, aside from cain, is there any final, official word on the state of the Barbers? Personally, I reckon the comp would be nuts to not let them run even just the one team for a year or two, better than nothing and keeps the club going, you never ever know what might happen!

Can I just confirm something is it official that Devenish have folded and will not be having a team for the 2007 season. It just there has not been anything in the newspaper and only news on it is from this website.

Can I just confirm something is it official that Devenish have folded and will not be having a team for the 2007 season. It just there has not been anything in the newspaper and only news on it is from this website.

Dont worry about the website its been empty all year. I'm told from sources at the heart of the club that they have gone into recess and have told the league. I dont know why it hasnt been released into the press.

Dont worry about the website its been empty all year. I'm told from sources at the heart of the club that they have gone into recess and have told the league. I dont know why it hasnt been released into the press.

Dont need it officially released by the league, as we all know the media gets a lot of handy mail from our pages. Do the local papers give the BDFL any real exposure normally . . . . . I surely hope this is announced shortly either way as this should be a big story that could magnify into a lot of heat on the VCFL to act quickly on football throughout the Goulburn Murray region.

And before you jump down me throat again Big Tone, Im back in the Bendigo region in 2007 remember mate ;)

got told a story today that chisnal has purchesd a local watering hole and wants to come back and wont let the barbers go into recess

got told a story today that chisnal has purchesd a local watering hole and wants to come back and wont let the barbers go into recess

Wasn't able to get any info on that over the weekend Cain1, how good was your source. He'd have a hell of a job with no players left and huge shortage of willing committee people etc. Did he buy the pub from the co-op.

Is the league up and running?

I heard over the weekend that Longwood have appointed Bredan Redfern to coach who used to play with Euroa.
Any other coaching appointments or players into this league?

Is the league up and running?

I heard over the weekend that Longwood have appointed Bredan Redfern to coach who used to play with Euroa.
Any other coaching appointments or players into this league?

Look out for Redder he is crazy he was assistant coach at shepp east in 1997 and he is one crazy different man. He has a good heart but all the guys did was hang sh#t on him all the time, but good luck to him

Wasn't able to get any info on that over the weekend Cain1, how good was your source. He'd have a hell of a job with no players left and huge shortage of willing committee people etc. Did he buy the pub from the co-op.

I have spoken to someone who was on the barbers committe. It wont happen with chisnal (he purchased the tunga hotel). There were several reasons why they have folded 1 Lack of local support no one wonts to go on the committe, 2 the cost of putting water on their oval they dont have a water system like everyone else $30 000 for two tanks and $5000 a year for water. They can not pay this and players as well in the end all over red rover​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have spoken to someone who was on the barbers committe. It wont happen with chisnal (he purchased the tunga hotel). There were several reasons why they have folded 1 Lack of local support no one wonts to go on the committe, 2 the cost of putting water on their oval they dont have a water system like everyone else $30 000 for two tanks and $5000 a year for water. They can not pay this and players as well in the end all over red rover​

This is really disappointing news cain. I thought the water problem had been fixed for both the Barbs and Tunga? Maybe the Shepp News was wrong (it so often is)

Cheers,​

Look out for Redder he is crazy he was assistant coach at shepp east in 1997 and he is one crazy different man. He has a good heart but all the guys did was hang sh#t on him all the time, but good luck to him

yeah red should lead longwood well this year i reckon.. he has been playing there for a few years now and knows how it all goes. training this sunday hopefuly a few new faces which should be good for the redlegs.

I have also heard that an ex Euroa champ in Nipper Harvey may pull the boots on again to help out Redfern. Nipper would have to be at least 40? at a guess.

The season in the BDFL will actually be extended and there will be 16 rounds and 4 byes this year. 20 round season unheard of in this league!!

There will be a bye every 4 rounds as all teams will play each other 4 times plus finals.

Surely the last year of this league.........................:thumbsdown:

I have also heard that an ex Euroa champ in Nipper Harvey may pull the boots on again to help out Redfern. Nipper would have to be at least 40? at a guess.

The season in the BDFL will actually be extended and there will be 16 rounds and 4 byes this year. 20 round season unheard of in this league!!

There will be a bye every 4 rounds as all teams will play each other 4 times plus finals.

maybe thats why they are having so many round as grand finalee year

To find a positive, at least they will know their opponents first name if they play that often.

nipper is ass at shepp swans this year not playing at all

nipper is ass at shepp swans this year not playing at all

.......but is he?

Also, I believe the season is 16 rounds long with 4 byes meaning each club plays 12 games, rather than a 20 round season. That is what I was led to believe, you can correct me if I'm wrong.

There is a Benalla & District league meeting scheduled for next week to discuss possibility of all clubs playing each other 4 times for the coming season. It is not likely to get the go ahead though. I believe it is too late as the draw for the 2007 season is out. Does anyone have any news on any clubs new recruits at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back