Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

shows how disconnectd the afl or afl vic or whoever it is repsonsible for bush footy if this mention of broadford is true. like mentioned previous netballs hold sway when it comes to votes and if they wouldnt return to the rdfl or hdfl I doubt they'll get full squads to play in a much stronger comp.
who is overseeing all this up there, all the footballers currently playing district football as thats the standard their at wont play surely. its potentialy going to be a sideshow and percentage boost before a permanent recess a year later.
sad times when many on here have sugested why not return to one of their previous distrcit level comps.

Shows how desperate the board are to get a team in, smacks of total desperation, broadford has never played in a major league comp, they are in recess, but hey let's get them to play in our league
I'm honestly not surprised they aren't going for div 3 NFNL. They'd probably get some wins here and there & also have their rivalry back v Killy.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They better speak up, act pretty quickly as report I've read is that Broadford is meeting Wednesday night and the BFNL move is the only option on table.
It’s interesting that whilst all this is happening with Bendigo trying to pull a club out of recess to join their league, the neighbouring Riddell league will officially be a premier league in 2025.

Very interesting to see Riddell become a major league next year.

Where do we think Wallen and Riddell would sit on this years Bendigo ladder.

I watched Riddell the other day and think they would comfortably beat Strath and Sqaure but would prob be 6-8 goals off Gisborne and Sandhurst.

Looks like Kyneton has bounced back as well after they were embarrassed by Riddell a few weeks ago

I'm honestly not surprised they aren't going for div 3 NFNL. They'd probably get some wins here and there & also have their rivalry back v Killy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFNL clubs aren't overly keen. Div 3 NFNL would be a very interesting batch if they were to join. Kilmore and Broadford one side, Ivanhoe and Heidelberg West on the other.

Either way... that's an amusing development hearing Broadford being mentioned for Bendigo IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFNL clubs aren't overly keen. Div 3 NFNL would be a very interesting batch if they were to join. Kilmore and Broadford one side, Ivanhoe and Heidelberg West on the other.

Either way... that's an amusing development hearing Broadford being mentioned for Bendigo IMO.
Obviously different comp but not sure NFL teams are that enthusiastic about King Lake and Kilmore so hardly think Broadford is something they would want

I watched Riddell the other day and think they would comfortably beat Strath and Sqaure but would prob be 6-8 goals off Gisborne and Sandhurst.

Looks like Kyneton has bounced back as well after they were embarrassed by Riddell a few weeks ago
Where's this? Certainly due to its proximity to Melbourne the leagues being on the improve. Can't see how it's rated higher than bellarine, north central or the central murray though.

When rupo won the flag in 2019, they would have been serious contenders in the bfl, looks like kyneton might just miss finals, no manual was a big loss for them

Where's this? Certainly due to its proximity to Melbourne the leagues being on the improve. Can't see how it's rated higher than bellarine, north central or the central murray though.

When rupo won the flag in 2019, they would have been serious contenders in the bfl, looks like kyneton might just miss finals, no manual was a big loss for them

Riddell seniors are very strong. They recruited a lot of players from Rupo, and the assertion, as usual, is that they are paying over the cap by millions. Assuming no injuries they would be in the 4. However, footy seasons are attritional, and there is just not the depth of talent in reserves to cover it and this would find them out in a long slog of a season. Hard to believe, given their record and percentage in reserves, but the reserves are not much better than their RDFL competition which is reflected in the top 4 being fairly bunched up (at least when considering percentage which, in my view, is a fair measure of dominance in a lop sided competition)

I saw Kyneton play Macedon a few weeks ago and there was an older bloke running around for Kyneton in the 2s with the number 55. I jokingly asked him if the number was his age and he said "it's not far off mate". Kyneton are fundamentally a different side to last year especially at the very top end (ie Manuel) and it's reflected in the results.

Realistically with the best senior teams in Riddell improving and the worst senior teams in Bendigo sliding, there is definitely an argument to say Riddell could be right up there but outside the top 4, no one could beat Castlemaine, who are competitive but not in contention.

Rupos flag team in 19 was an awesome side

Has anyone read the weekly times article on Broadford?

Is there any substantiation from anyone in power this end or is it just speculation?

I need some reassurance the board and the hub haven’t gone full blown window lickers before I give up for good and turn to hockey.

Obviously different comp but not sure NFL teams are that enthusiastic about King Lake and Kilmore so hardly think Broadford is something they would want
Definitely the case for sure. Was in that league for an awfully long time before I went up here.

This Broadford idea is just bizarre and doesn’t make any sense to even to the nuffys. It would almost be a unanimous opinion of the wider grassroots public which is very hard to get that same type of collective opinion on anything!

They’ve presumably struggled in the Yarra Valley second division due to distances to places like Warburton, Yarra Junction and Powelltown and now they are honestly thinking they can viable option in a vastly superior Bendigo League with a similar level of travel.

They’ve left Riddell, signalled its intent to leave Yarra Valley and were trying desperately for Kyabram before being rejected and going into recess.

After all this they will almost do a 360 view of their options and still have no clear direction on what they want to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back