Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that's a bit of bullshit to be honest, you could have me, forrest, albury, roota and crazy maggy on the committee, wouldn't matter, what comes out from sfl hq and how they want footy is all the matters. The people on the last one, were good footy people, yet it didn't matter what they thought, I'd think, the afl will stick to what they want and know

Will be full of people who don’t rock the boat and “cut and paste” from the handbook. There will be a lawyer - 3 x netball people - 1 x regional rep who will be carefully selected so they are inline - a few bendigo businessmen aligned to a certain club

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Don’t beat around the bush Maggie , the club is sandhurst
It should be called the sandhurst football netball league !

Maryborough need to go , simple.
I reckon Talbot would be a more appealing place to play footy than Maryborough
They aren’t competitive at all and it’s like a training run when sides play against them.
Watched them against gisborne last week and they were absolutely disgusting

Normally if a side isn’t up there competing or are in a rebuild they have a few shining lights and something to look forward to , Maryborough don’t , they should fold now and be done with.
Let the newly formed Maryborough giants take over their home ground and that’s it , they will never get back to being a competitive unit … never !

When gisborne leave to go play in Ballarat league and Dustin Martin goes and plays a year of local footy with his brother at gisborne , the bfnl will be a laughing stock !

There will be 5 sides in the comp and the guys running the comp ( from sandhurst ) will make sure they win every single year until the comp becomes extinct!

Don't hold back LOL ...
See today’s result ?
333 points !
That’s nearly a combined total of 600 points they have lost by in last two games , nearly 100 goals !
They could get the 8 players they are screaming out for and it still wouldn’t help.
They have been absolute rubbish for over 20 years now they need to fold and fold now , don’t embarrass yourselves anymore.
That’s not enjoyable watching sides get pumped by 50 goals week in week out
Young kids up there are more interested in sitting around playing on the Gatorade saxophone than having a kick
The whole town should just fold and shut down it’s gotta be the worst town in Australia

When is enough, enough? 330 odd point loss to Maryborough. What an absolute disgrace. Nobody gets anything out of this.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It serves the BFNL board right for not being at all accountable for equalisation over the past 10 years. They now have one of the most uneven comps in the country so they got what they wanted. Bendigo dominance. Gisborne only competitive due to massive population for a one club town but now they will be gone due to the terrible comp.

Would have to be one of the darkest days in the competition history - margins of

333 points
155 points
77 points
42 points

Losing teams kicked a combined 15 goals for the entire day

The league should be calling a crisis meeting tonight, they are the laughing stock of local footy at the moment, and it’s only going to get worse

It serves the BFNL board right for not being at all accountable for equalisation over the past 10 years. They now have one of the most uneven comps in the country so they got what they wanted. Bendigo dominance. Gisborne only competitive due to massive population for a one club town but now they will be gone due to the terrible comp.

You can't force people to move to Maryborough to play can you? Unless the afl identify the Maryborough region needs a talent coordinator that develops juniors and coaches the major league side, it doesn't matter what any committee will do. Once kids pass year 12 they move away and why travel all the way back?

You're asking the board to steal from Peter to pay for Paul, the standard of the league had dropped from 20 years ago and further drop the standard of the league so Maryborough and castlemaine are competitive. Then no one will play in Bendigo, the best guys will go to the gv, central murray or noryh central.

The problem is there are way to many clubs around castlemaine and Maryborough and unless you get forward thinkers like clubs in the mallee this will happen. Look at Wycheproof and nully merging at the end of the year. Next year they'll be a power and could play in the bendigo league and be successful, if they picked a combined side from this year's 2 teams, they'd push sandhurst and gissy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't force people to move to Maryborough to play can you? Unless the afl identify the Maryborough region needs a talent coordinator that develops juniors and coaches the major league side, it doesn't matter what any committee will do. Once kids pass year 12 they move away and why travel all the way back?

You're asking the board to steal from Peter to pay for Paul, the standard of the league had dropped from 20 years ago and further drop the standard of the league so Maryborough and castlemaine are competitive. Then no one will play in Bendigo, the best guys will go to the gv, central murray or noryh central.

The problem is there are way to many clubs around castlemaine and Maryborough and unless you get forward thinkers like clubs in the mallee this will happen. Look at Wycheproof and nully merging at the end of the year. Next year they'll be a power and could play in the bendigo league and be successful, if they picked a combined side from this year's 2 teams, they'd push sandhurst and gissy

The only reason the clubs in the mallee get quality players is by cheating the salary cap by at least $150k - why would any team want to do that so that you are expensive witches hats for the sake of the comp

See today’s result ?
333 points !
That’s nearly a combined total of 600 points they have lost by in last two games , nearly 100 goals !
They could get the 8 players they are screaming out for and it still wouldn’t help.
They have been absolute rubbish for over 20 years now they need to fold and fold now , don’t embarrass yourselves anymore.
That’s not enjoyable watching sides get pumped by 50 goals week in week out
Young kids up there are more interested in sitting around playing on the Gatorade saxophone than having a kick
The whole town should just fold and shut down it’s gotta be the worst town in Australia
I was having a few beers at a mates place in Maryborough last weekend and was told by a couple of younger players who were there that they are looking at heading towards Sunbury to play in the EDFL and they've been given nothing but false hope. Sad really.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another last quarter fade out for our boys, listening to radio we were lucky to be as close as we were unfortunately.

Pales into insignificance with the rest of the results though, echo the comment about it being the darkest day in league history, on the scoreboard at least.

Another last quarter fade out for our boys, listening to radio we were lucky to be as close as we were unfortunately.

Pales into insignificance with the rest of the results though, echo the comment about it being the darkest day in league history, on the scoreboard at least.

I think the darkest day was kyneton leaving last year. Looks like they made a very good decision

The only reason the clubs in the mallee get quality players is by cheating the salary cap by at least $150k - why would any team want to do that so that you are expensive witches hats for the sake of the comp

I was actually talking about been proactive merging and caring about your local club. The giants/thunder Ouyen and underbool are prome examples of how to merge and be proactive, your attitude is why footy around castelmaine is in decline for 15 years

When you say equalisation, what do you mean

What do you mean by equalisation. Do you want the league to give struggling teams some form of financial help? Surely the performance of a football team does not come down to what the league does/doesnt do. Youcould give Maryborough 100 points and double the salary cap and that wouldnt neccessarily equate to success. Time for them to bite the bullet and move on like Kyneton. As far as what is happening in the BFL do you really think the board doesnt realise the league is in strife? They also need to be proactive or the league will be stuffed.

What do you mean by equalisation. Do you want the league to give struggling teams some form of financial help? Surely the performance of a football team does not come down to what the league does/doesnt do. Youcould give Maryborough 100 points and double the salary cap and that wouldnt neccessarily equate to success. Time for them to bite the bullet and move on like Kyneton. As far as what is happening in the BFL do you really think the board doesnt realise the league is in strife? They also need to be proactive or the league will be stuffed.

No it wouldn’t make a difference now but 10 years ago slowly tweaking the points and salary cap would have - agree it’s too late now and they are doomed but the current board is responsible for the comp - where is the accountability they have done NOTHING

The ship has sailed for the board, no club in their right mind is going to want to join the league now - other than maybe Maiden Gully who would be so far out of their depth it’s not funny. 7 team comp next year looking more likely by the day. Gisborne have little to no interest in staying is what I have been told, just hoping to pick up a flag on their way out the door.

The ship has sailed for the board, no club in their right mind is going to want to join the league now - other than maybe Maiden Gully who would be so far out of their depth it’s not funny. 7 team comp next year looking more likely by the day. Gisborne have little to no interest in staying is what I have been told, just hoping to pick up a flag on their way out the door.
If maiden gully or Marong were to come in the have every chance of succeeding. Maybe not immediately but with some good operators on committees and continued strength of junior numbers they would get there.

Remember. Strath Storm did not exist 15 years ago

The game was stuffed when AFL Vic missed the chance to make real change and instead brought in a toothless points system and a pointless salary cap.

Here’s a question I’ve been pondering since someone posted why should the other leagues around have to change things, should the Bendigo league disband?

Absolutely fair question / those comps seem to be going ok with no forfeits

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back