Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been called a lot worse and I’m certainly not that precious that I would say meet me at the game and I’m bringing a heap of mates with me to sort you out over something that insignificant !
Maybe you need to calm down and read my post again pal....never said I was "bringing mates" to sort him out, said I was coming over to catch up with some mate's. Geez you young smart a** pr**** need to wake up to yourselves...seriously 😒.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a broader scope it does again raise the question as to why we have this antiquated system where clubs vote on these matters.

Clubs will naturally take a position as to what is best for them, not necessarily the game.

We had the Heathcote debacle and now this. I wonder what it is going to take for AFL Vic to actually lead on something?

With who ?
They can’t even get numbers for one side up each week , who is going to want to merge with them ?
Time to shut the doors at the place
Pretty cavalier attitude for a club that's 152 years old.

On a broader scope it does again raise the question as to why we have this antiquated system where clubs vote on these matters.

Clubs will naturally take a position as to what is best for them, not necessarily the game.

We had the Heathcote debacle and now this. I wonder what it is going to take for AFL Vic to actually lead on something?

Agree. The current system makes it very difficult.
Left to the clubs, they were never going to vote to have them in. The vote went 9 - 4 against them joining. I don't think they even had to give a reason. I'd assume there would have been discussion and then a vote via a link.

Giants don't want to merge.
No idea how that club voted, but you'd think a Maryborough derby could become a massive financial boost and event for the town.

Agree. The current system makes it very difficult.
Left to the clubs, they were never going to vote to have them in. The vote went 9 - 4 against them joining. I don't think they even had to give a reason. I'd assume there would have been discussion and then a vote via a link.

Giants don't want to merge.
No idea how that club voted, but you'd think a Maryborough derby could become a massive financial boost and event for the town.
OK Forest & Crazy let's hear about it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back