Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A complete change of personnel is required.

The new council will be ineffective as long as they are tied to the same board and hub staff. They need the opportunity to clean house and start again.

The past week has been telling, we’ve descended into the realm of the ridiculous, the Addy is being held mute so no one knows what is actually happening and the hub is spending their time trying to strong arm Castlemaine into handing me over because they don’t like me taking the piss out of them.

The new council will be ineffective as long as they are tied to the same board and hub staff. They need the opportunity to clean house and start again.

The past week has been telling, we’ve descended into the realm of the ridiculous, the Addy is being held mute so no one knows what is actually happening and the hub is spending their time trying to strong arm Castlemaine into handing me over because they don’t like me taking the piss out of them.
Jesus. must be something in the water at Castlemaine.

Jesus's pretty soon there'll be assassination attempts on forrest, not from the grassy knoll but snipers in the camp reserve. Footy is getting serious !!!!!

Maryborough can't be in the bfl next year, they should be helped to get into the central highlands or north central league, by the board. Gisborne a powerful club well run club is been forced out by poor management, castlemaines 45 minutes as the closest club, why would you stay, when you can become stronger in the Ballarat league.

You can't have a 6 club major league. The league needs strong outer clubs, every other major league does. I still think echica and Moama would be gettable, but the league operations need to change. As is Calder. This is due to kids from those places heading to bendigo more than Melbourne for uni and work. They have to work on what are their advantages. Geographically work on that. Its no good just getting broadford and pushing everyone away. They have one of the best grounds to play on in country Victoria. Lift your game bendigo league members and do something constructive

Any talk of recruits for the Maine next year Forest?

Any talk of recruits for the Maine next year Forest?

Yeah, they have been working on it for a while, Truck.

Understand this year’s list is already resigned and they’ve been out and about recruiting.

Had a bumper year financially so you could expect them to load up. If I was a betting man I’d have Braiden Blake and the Dehany’s back from Gisborne and I have a feeling there will be another ex AFL team mate of Hartley added as well but couldn’t tell you who.

I’d be surprised if they don’t start 2025 being talked about as challenging for a flag though.

Yeah, they have been working on it for a while, Truck.

Understand this year’s list is already resigned and they’ve been out and about recruiting.

Had a bumper year financially so you could expect them to load up. If I was a betting man I’d have Braiden Blake and the Dehany’s back from Gisborne and I have a feeling there will be another ex AFL team mate of Hartley added as well but couldn’t tell you who.

I’d be surprised if they don’t start 2025 being talked about as challenging for a flag though.

Challenging for a flag??

But but but the Bendigo cartel won’t allow that

Last edited:
Maryborough can't be in the bfl next year, they should be helped to get into the central highlands or north central league,......
Why are Maryborough not looking at the North Central League? Yes travel every second week, but to warmer and better grounds than the Central Highlands. I would have thought this is next best option.......... Maryborough why has this not been in the discussion?

With the BFNL seemingly focused on the greater Bendigo area and the growth of the Gisborne Giants in the Riddell league, could we see the Gisborne Bulldogs push for a move to the EDFL at some point?

The council could look into the way that leagues such as Ballarat, Geelong, GVL and O&M operate and assess what can be done to improve the status quo.
The GVL with Shepparton as it’s base has seen a sustained period where the ‘city’ clubs have not been dominant with Seymour then Benalla then Kyabram and now Echuca being the power clubs over the last 20 years.

Shepparton, Shepp United and Shepp Swans have all snagged a flag in that time, but none have had sustained dominance.

Surely all the Broadford noise was crap. Haven’t heard a thing more about so must have been BS ? Let’s hope it was because I’ve never heard of anything more insane

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the BFNL seemingly focused on the greater Bendigo area and the growth of the Gisborne Giants in the Riddell league, could we see the Gisborne Bulldogs push for a move to the EDFL at some point?
Wouldn't think so. But in saying that their women's are EDFL so you just never know. The sunbury kangas women's were EDFL and they used that as a spring board to get their men's in. But I'd say Gissy will go to Ballarat and get their old RDFL rivals back.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Can confirm Broadford will be in Bendigo league next year. Confirmed by someone involved in the club.
If this is correct the BFL will be the laughing stock of Country footy. How anyone on the BFL board could even consider this alleged proposal is beyond belief. If it does come to fruition surely demands are made to have the board removed.

how well supported are united compared to the murray bombers?
Echuca United are well supported, having a lean couple of years with results but playing plenty of kids and will bounce back.
There junior teams will both play finals, they have only 1 under 14 and 1 under 17 team, plus 2 under 12 teams

Comparing to Murray Bombers with 3 under 12 teams, 3 under 14 teams, 2 under 16 teams and 1 under 18 team.

If this is correct the BFL will be the laughing stock of Country footy. How anyone on the BFL board could even consider this alleged proposal is beyond belief. If it does come to fruition surely demands are made to have the board removed.
How are they removed? Just voted out?

Desperate times by the leagues head honchos. Getting a club in that's currently in recess is nothing short of desperation & embarrassing.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jesus's pretty soon there'll be assassination attempts on forrest, not from the grassy knoll but snipers in the camp reserve. Footy is getting serious !!!!!

Obviously the truth smarts a bit at HQ, spent the past couple of days hassling the footy club, trying to find my identity and if I’m registered (I’m about to register as a Sandhurst volunteer) so they can use the code of conduct.

Don’t want to cause issues for the club to deal with so after this I’ll no longer be posting.

Meanwhile Westy is writing hard hitting articles about footballers with siblings at the Olympics. Welcome to Russia.

An amalgamation between the comps has to make sense for both parties.
For Ballarat, dropping to Eastern clubs to pick up the Bendigo cohort doesn't make much sense at all. There's a greater connection between Bacchus Marsh & Ballarat than there there is between Ballarat & Bendigo.

Guru - a slight correction, North moved back to Ballarat & won flags prior to the Roosters demise.

The Gisborne juniors would be a lot better off playing against clubs like Keilor, Strathmore and Aberfeldie…. Being a big fish in a small pond like the RDFL juniors is not good for development…

Gut feel they would currently be at the same level of the lower half of the EDFL Premier Division….

Bendigo league teams that finish 4-5 would be about equal to the top 3 clubs in the second tier EDFL Division 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously the truth smarts a bit at HQ, spent the past couple of days hassling the footy club, trying to find my identity and if I’m registered (I’m about to register as a Sandhurst volunteer) so they can use the code of conduct.

Don’t want to cause issues for the club to deal with so after this I’ll no longer be posting.

Meanwhile Westy is writing hard hitting articles about footballers with siblings at the Olympics. Welcome to Russia.
F**KEM Forest I may not always agree with you but there is a little thing called democracy and freedom of speech. Perhaps the board rather than being so blinkered should be transparent.

He's just posted a heart-warming story about coaching changes at Sandhurst. Can take the weekend off now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back