Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Aren't they better off working with him and getting some recruits. A new coach isn't going to magically transform their problems. They get a new coach, they lose their best player back to gisborne
Absolutely spot on. They need stability and the son would make a good assistant coach - maybe even coach in a year or two.

I was discussing Maryborough FNC in Ballarat yesterday and the talk rolled around to Bendigo FNL and Broadford FNC. Was told one of the reasons Broadford are confident of getting a team up is because they lose a lot of juniors to Seymour who then remain to play senior footy. Guys in charge at Broadford, read S.Sharp, are confident they would all return to play if the club gets into the BFNL.

I was discussing Maryborough FNC in Ballarat yesterday and the talk rolled around to Bendigo FNL and Broadford FNC. Was told one of the reasons Broadford are confident of getting a team up is because they lose a lot of juniors to Seymour who then remain to play senior footy. Guys in charge at Broadford, read S.Sharp, are confident they would all return to play if the club gets into the BFNL.

If insanity strikes the whole football community and Broadford are let in and if Maryborough remain in the comp next year, lock in Maryborough v Broadford for the radio game for Round 1.

It will be one of only two chances for both clubs to win a game for the season.

one of our junior dads works with a guy up that way and Broadford people think Bendigo talk is genuine. they know they have no decent players but by not having to rely on club votes to get in a comp this is there only option to try and get up in 25. never rang rdfl or hdfl. may start with good intentions but will be similar to maryborogh with enough for two teams no guarantee already. no coaches announced and not enough juniors to have thirds.

concerning to hear about so could only imagine the real truth and desperate conversations going on,

was speaking to someone this morning and they agree the players think the coach is a waste of space cant coach
You can't just have a revolving door of coaches. Every year flat appoint a new year. They've either gotta head hunt who they want or stick with the current coach. Who's in charge out there? Zero ideas about how to run a footy club

one of our junior dads works with a guy up that way and Broadford people think Bendigo talk is genuine. they know they have no decent players but by not having to rely on club votes to get in a comp this is there only option to try and get up in 25. never rang rdfl or hdfl. may start with good intentions but will be similar to maryborogh with enough for two teams no guarantee already. no coaches announced and not enough juniors to have thirds.

concerning to hear about so could only imagine the real truth and desperate conversations going on,

They should go to Riddell and if they can dominate that league for a sustained period then try Bendigo.
It would be a better option in the eyes of all parties (except Broadford and the BFNL board, of course)

Heard the same from a bloke at Seymour yesterday. But he said that they won't lose anyone back so that plan might already be shot. He also reckons AFL Vic might shoot the idea down.

They should go to Riddell and if they can dominate that league for a sustained period then try Bendigo.
It would be a better option in the eyes of all parties (except Broadford and the BFNL board, of course)
they wouldnt dominante rdfl could be competitve more often than not yes and may field full teams footy and netball but not dominate. made a prelim before covid with external dollars aparently ran out of club money a year or two later blamed everyone else including rdfl fees and charges moved leagues again. salary cap alone would be a strecth on top of talent.

madness yet people still talking as if its happening. as our executive constanly says they are the current baton holders only so imagine the burden of decision the broadford community leades are feelign they too would be feeling presure from all angels to get club going agaiun. but bendigo would be community suicide within a season surely and the doors close forver.
thats if their even going to open again fromnow.

they wouldnt dominante rdfl could be competitve more often than not yes and may field full teams footy and netball but not dominate. made a prelim before covid with external dollars aparently ran out of club money a year or two later blamed everyone else including rdfl fees and charges moved leagues again. salary cap alone would be a strecth on top of talent.

madness yet people still talking as if its happening. as our executive constanly says they are the current baton holders only so imagine the burden of decision the broadford community leades are feelign they too would be feeling presure from all angels to get club going agaiun. but bendigo would be community suicide within a season surely and the doors close forver.
I couldn't see them getting past Lancefeild or Melton Centrals. Although with RDFL being recently premoted to a premier league it may help with recruiting out Broadford way.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. I can't see all these people coming back from Seymour to be cannon fodder for most of the Bendigo league clubs. They would be competitive against one, maybe two clubs and that would be it.

Try recruiting guys back from Seymour in the knowledge that you are set for a Maryborough-style belting most weeks. Can't see it to be honest.

I couldn't see them getting past Lancefeild or Melton Centrals. Although with RDFL being recently premoted to a premier league it may help with recruiting out Broadford way.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
no idea regarding players and standards but given they dont have one team at present wherever they land will be a tough year one and whoever turns up to coahc and play should be aplauded not run down. i think we all get too wound up on wins and loses and forget the commuynity element and what sport means to some out of melburne. grew up in the bush and it was the lifeblood. the meeting place and got people through a lot of tough times. the games were often the bonus.

I agree. I can't see all these people coming back from Seymour to be cannon fodder for most of the Bendigo league clubs. They would be competitive against one, maybe two clubs and that would be it.

Try recruiting guys back from Seymour in the knowledge that you are set for a Maryborough-style belting most weeks. Can't see it to be honest.
how many play at seymour. where have all the locals gone this year or years prior. and why. broadford for a long time was good sport town i thought..

Heard the same from a bloke at Seymour yesterday. But he said that they won't lose anyone back so that plan might already be shot. He also reckons AFL Vic might shoot the idea down.

AFL vic have no power -
they are toothless tigers. Otherwise they would have strong armed the MCDFL to save Maryborough. If broadford come in watch the exodus from bendigo start off. Gisborne first, followed by Castlemaine then flat etc

I still can’t believe it’s even being discussed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can you expand Trent?
Puts himself above the clubs. Thinks he was the reason square won all those flags, thought he knew everything at the pios. This idea is totally he's and the only reason that the bendigo board is listening. He's dickhead ideas will not only ruin broadford but the bendigo league.

With Riddell becoming a major league would that mean their salary cap will increase as well?

I reckon Kyneton would be very happy with that. I was told that they did lose some Melbourne based players with the cap reduction from moving leagues.

It might also make the RDFL a little bit more attractive to Castlemaine.
Plenty of big names in the riddell league, manual moved to Sydney which hurt them

Puts himself above the clubs. Thinks he was the reason square won all those flags, thought he knew everything at the pios. This idea is totally he's and the only reason that the bendigo board is listening. He's dickhead ideas will not only ruin broadford but the bendigo league.

You have hit the mark there Trent. I could certainly expand based on my dealings with him when he was at the Pioneers. God knows how he ever was given that job. I don’t have a high opinion of him and he certainly isn’t a people person.

I want to know how he all of a sudden has apparently become involved at Broadford. He hasn’t been there in the past few years when they have been in dire straits.

Also this thought about players coming back from Seymour.. surely someone has had a few too many! Rest assured no one will be heading back to Broadford as there isn’t anyone… 😃

This whole story surely is a fairy tale. We here at Maryborough FNC thought we were struggling….

Last edited:
KDFL have already indicated no, HDFL and RDFL as well. Players currently playing at seymour and Avenel Reserves.
They don't really have an option,
Has to be riddell or the Northern league. This is where afl vic need to step in and find the club its best league. It's never the bendigo league

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back