Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

how many play at seymour. where have all the locals gone this year or years prior. and why. broadford for a long time was good sport town i thought..
The cricket club left the SDCA for Gisborne this season, all 3 sides played finals and the 1st won promotion. Still a good sport town.

I'm pretty sure they were led to believe the OE were going to restructure the lower div when they accepted broady, then Yea folded and the season after they raised fees and salary cap, leaving Broadford in a hard place.

Last edited:

The cricket club left the SDCA for Gisborne this season, all 3 sides played finals and the 1st won promotion. Still a good sport town.

I'm pretty sure they were led to believe the OE were going to restructure the lower div when they accepted broady, then Yea folded and the season after they raised fees and salary cap, leaving Broadford in a hard place.
led to believe is never a reason to change leagues on a false promise or a whim its a shame to see a place like broadford without a footy club but still sounds like that will be the case in 2025 regardless of what happens. players wont leave where they are to play in the bendigo comp and if otehrs have said no thanks to considering them then a long history may come to a permament end.
sad

You can't just have a revolving door of coaches. Every year flat appoint a new year. They've either gotta head hunt who they want or stick with the current coach. Who's in charge out there? Zero ideas about how to run a footy club
At some point someone needs to realise it’s not always the senior coaches fault the club is a basket case… Training standards & discipline of the players in the off season, Off field Culture, junior development and pathways..

Finally heard today that the broadford rumour is just that. Bloody lucky as Bendigo were heading for a disaster if that move was even considered.

Still have to attract a side and that will be a challenge no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Finally heard today that the broadford rumour is just that. Bloody lucky as Bendigo were heading for a disaster if that move was even considered.

Still have to attract a side and that will be a challenge no doubt.

What do you mean? Broadford had presented to all club presidents

What do you mean? Broadford had presented to all club presidents

I’ve heard that it won’t go ahead though. After all they are probably around the same level as an Inglewood etc so makes sense it’s been knocked on the head

I’ve heard that it won’t go ahead though. After all they are probably around the same level as an Inglewood etc so makes sense it’s been knocked on the head

I agree that it shouldn’t go ahead but it wasn’t a rumour. It was and is still being discussed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that it shouldn’t go ahead but it wasn’t a rumour. It was and is still being discussed

I have heard that someone who actually knows what they are doing has swooped in and put a stop to it. Otherwise the powers will be making a monumental mistake and will be the laughing stock of country footy - again .

I have heard that someone who actually knows what they are doing has swooped in and put a stop to it. Otherwise the powers will be making a monumental mistake and will be the laughing stock of country footy - again .

I reckon sharp has them wrapped around he's finger and I'd be surprised if they don't get in now.

I don't think they should, but I can't see the league saying no

Bit harsh on Inglewood, they put out 2 teams each week, I.e. they actually exist.

Interesting! They had no other option as they had nowhere else to go. The Snake Oil Salesman has returned to his home club as a savior. This will not end well.

All I can say is goodbye Maryborough / Gisborne / Castlemaine if broadford come in - I get the feeling that’s what they want though

All I can say is goodbye Maryborough / Gisborne / Castlemaine if broadford come in - I get the feeling that’s what they want though

Yes but you told us that 2 of those 3 clubs would definitely be gone for the 2025 season which appears to be incorrect CM.

Yes but you told us that 2 of those 3 clubs would definitely be gone for the 2025 season which appears to be incorrect CM.

The powers will time their run and bring broadford in at the death knock so that nobody can leave in 2025. Smart move as I think those clubs would definitely look at moving if they were playing against a team equal to Campbells creek standard

Interesting! They had no other option as they had nowhere else to go. The Snake Oil Salesman has returned to his home club as a savior. This will not end well.
it ended a long time ago i feel. if there was no other option then those in charge need to putm up the white flag once an for all. becase if a suiitable home hasnt been found between mid last season and now then the club wil most definitely be done forever by thius time next year should there men and women try to turn up compete in benidgo by rd1 2025.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back