Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The Gisborne juniors would be a lot better off playing against clubs like Keilor, Strathmore and Aberfeldie…. Being a big fish in a small pond like the RDFL juniors is not good for development…

Gut feel they would currently be at the same level of the lower half of the EDFL Premier Division….

Bendigo league teams that finish 4-5 would be about equal to the top 3 clubs in the second tier EDFL Division 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see this ever happening and nor should it. We are talking about a large junior program with hundreds of kids and there are so many factors to consider that are just as if not more important than creating the best possible footballers

-Much less travel. With many of the kids playing having siblings also playing football and netball, logistically changing to the EDFL would be a nightmare for parents. More parents would move their kids to the Giants for the simple fact that it's much easier

-For the younger age groups participation is far more important than developing future superstars of the game. If you have to play all away games in the EDFL I guarantee less kids will play and that's not good for anyone.

-The local rivalries are great in the Juniors. When Gisborne play the Giants, Riddell, Macedon and even the Sunbury teams so many of the kids know each other because they go to the same schools. This creates great competition and Riverly. The Young lads love this.

-And finally, it's simply not needed. Gisborne has been producing good juniors for decades. Their senior teams have always been made of up mostly locals who came through the RDFL Junior league. They often get good representation in the Cannons team and have produced a number of AFL draftees.

IMO the number 1 priority when it comes to Junior sport is to make decisions that encourages and gives the opportunity for as many kids as possible to want to participate. Having been a Gisborne local for a long time and having kids going through the juniors and knowing lots of other kids in the Juniors, I can assure you moving to the EDFL Juniors comp would be a disaster and we would see far less kids participating.

I can't see this ever happening and nor should it. We are talking about a large junior program with hundreds of kids and there are so many factors to consider that are just as if not more important than creating the best possible footballers

-Much less travel. With many of the kids playing having siblings also playing football and netball, logistically changing to the EDFL would be a nightmare for parents. More parents would move their kids to the Giants for the simple fact that it's much easier

-For the younger age groups participation is far more important than developing future superstars of the game. If you have to play all away games in the EDFL I guarantee less kids will play and that's not good for anyone.

-The local rivalries are great in the Juniors. When Gisborne play the Giants, Riddell, Macedon and even the Sunbury teams so many of the kids know each other because they go to the same schools. This creates great competition and Riverly. The Young lads love this.

-And finally, it's simply not needed. Gisborne has been producing good juniors for decades. Their senior teams have always been made of up mostly locals who came through the RDFL Junior league. They often get good representation in the Cannons team and have produced a number of AFL draftees.

IMO the number 1 priority when it comes to Junior sport is to make decisions that encourages and gives the opportunity for as many kids as possible to want to participate. Having been a Gisborne local for a long time and having kids going through the juniors and knowing lots of other kids in the Juniors, I can assure you moving to the EDFL Juniors comp would be a disaster and we would see far less kids participating.

spot on far too many adults and juniors clubs are hellbent and ladders and scoreboards get the kida back next season playing football and youve obviously done plenty right. life gets serious enough by late teens into early adulthood let them be kids as long as possible in a community sense. if the conversations and messages are correct then the kids will win in life regardless

Submitted my application to coach just waiting on the interview process

I’m also in the mix at Maryborough and Flat as well as Campbells Creek, Western Rams and Ardmona

You can just say you got the Ardmona gig. That way you can have the title without having to put any time into it like I have - I am the time keeper for Wunghnu this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They wouldn't know what Bigfooty is.
Of course they would - why else would Carol have come out a few weeks ago saying she wasn’t happy with all the rumour talk going on? There was no talk in the Addy, was all on here and Facebook.

Of course they would - why else would Carol have come out a few weeks ago saying she wasn’t happy with all the rumour talk going on? There was no talk in the Addy, was all on here and Facebook.
I thought she complained about Facebook.

There is 0 chance anyone from the league has made FSE stop posting. There's plenty of us who have mocked them, why single one person out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back