Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game of footy at Tannery Lane between strath and Gisborne.

Strath surprised me by how they first matched and then outmuscled gisborne to record a great win.

The highlight of the day was the great interaction and respect between supporters. Myself and my mate had great and informative chats with some of the Gisborne faithful which I bloody enjoyed

Great game of footy at Tannery Lane between strath and Gisborne.

Strath surprised me by how they first matched and then outmuscled gisborne to record a great win.

The highlight of the day was the great interaction and respect between supporters. Myself and my mate had great and informative chats with some of the Gisborne faithful which I bloody enjoyed

Are they thinking they will stay in bendigo ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Those I spoke to yes as they love the competition but I am not sure they were committee members or anything like that
I think gisborne have always liked the comp, but with kyneton gone they haven't got a close club, whilst they've got Sunbury, darley, bacchus and melton within 20 minutes, that'll draw monster crowds and relive rivalries. I'm not sure they'd be fans of under 19s though that Ballarat have

I think gisborne have always liked the comp, but with kyneton gone they haven't got a close club, whilst they've got Sunbury, darley, bacchus and melton within 20 minutes, that'll draw monster crowds and relive rivalries. I'm not sure they'd be fans of under 19s though that Ballarat have

I think you will find Gisborne lobbied the bfnl a few years ago to change the under 18s to under 19s

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think gisborne have always liked the comp, but with kyneton gone they haven't got a close club, whilst they've got Sunbury, darley, bacchus and melton within 20 minutes, that'll draw monster crowds and relive rivalries. I'm not sure they'd be fans of under 19s though that Ballarat

Do they recruit from those clubs? If they do they will loose that option if they are in the same league

Do they recruit from those clubs? If they do they will loose that option if they are in the same league
The club is majority local, might be some pressure on depth with the Gisborne Giants starting up seniors in 2025.

19s would be good for Gisborne as there juniors are 17s and often loose players after 18s to the Riddell League (under19.5).

No the clubs seem to be pretty good and don't really raid each other too much.

I'm not sure why there's even under 19s in any league? You should be ready for senior footy at that age

Ballarat FNL is reverting to their former grade of U/18.5 from next year. The league has had in excess of 80 players from the 3rds play Seniors this year. Between them those players have played over 400 games. Age grade has been a failure resulting in forfeits in recent weeks.
Gisborne would simply be playing their best 3rds in the 1sts like other teams if they are up to it so that shouldn't be a defining issue as they investigate their options.

Golden Square advertising for all Footy coaching roles including Seniors. Is this just a bit of ticking a box/due diligence or is it an indicator of something else? wouldn't have thought there would have been any thoughts of coaching change already especially given second half of season.

Golden Square advertising for all Footy coaching roles including Seniors. Is this just a bit of ticking a box/due diligence or is it an indicator of something else? wouldn't have thought there would have been any thoughts of coaching change already especially given second half of season.
And given what happened last year

Wouldn’t have thought there’d be a change after the year they had last year, but….

Many clubs have it in their constitution that roles must be advertised each year

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back