Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think? I think it can’t hurt to open it up and see what bites you might get. Doesn’t mean you have to get rid of him. There is a lot of factors that go into these decisions factors I know I don’t know all of for sure.

Not really sure to be honest. Given the departures in the off season I think you’d have to say that the coach has done a good job. I’m not involved at all this year so have no knowledge really…just purely from a results point of view.

I am not a fan of having to advertise for the sake of it. If you have someone in the role who is meeting the expectations of the club and you are happy to keep going then do it.

What do you think? I think it can’t hurt to open it up and see what bites you might get. Doesn’t mean you have to get rid of him. There is a lot of factors that go into these decisions factors I know I don’t know all of for sure.
Do many good coaches even apply for jobs that are advertised? I would have thought the good coaches would be the ones getting asked to coach not the ones applying to coach

Do many good coaches even apply for jobs that are advertised? I would have thought the good coaches would be the ones getting asked to coach not the ones applying to coach

It’s very much worth the effort…

Sometimes you never know who is looking….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing a Ex Flat coach has been locked in to coach Broadford next year and there first signing will be a former #1 draft pick who has experience in the league already.

Also hearing there captain Will Be a current MCDFL coach with AFL experience as well

Massive to jag two greats of the game to kick start there premiership ambitions in season 1

Hearing a Ex Flat coach has been locked in to coach Broadford next year and there first signing will be a former #1 draft pick who has experience in the league already.

Also hearing there captain Will Be a current MCDFL coach with AFL experience as well

Massive to jag two greats of the game to kick start there premiership ambitions in season 1

Surely you are more talking Johns, Patton and Cupido

Whys no President come out and said something?

Heard people talking about 11 sides next year. Anyone know if that's true?

11 clubs? Surely let's worry about Maryborough being able to field a reserves team every week first before we go off on a tangent. There is no rock-solid 100% guarantee they will be in the BFNL next year unless I missed an announcement to the contrary.

The rumoured 10th club has the potential to cause problems for the league as a result of coming out of recess, so maybe they should settle themselves in another league and prove their viability before bringing the circus to town. Remember, most of their former players are running around elsewhere with no guarantee of them returning. Maybe the players who have gone to Avenel might want to stay at a club that has made the finals in the 1s and 2s. Broadford's 2025 list is a guess on a sheet of paper at present - and there is consideration of them joining a premier competition?

I'd be surprised if there was an 11th club unless a few concessions have been put onto the table to woo them.

Last edited:
Surely you are more talking Johns, Patton and Cupido
I thought Johns ran into a bit of trouble. If they are targeting these types ,they might as well bring back a few of their old sponsors. This is laughable! Someone thinks they are Kerry Packer and this is World Series Cricket. Delusional!

11 clubs?

Surely let's worry about Maryborough being able to field a reserves team every week first before we go off on a tangent and worry about adding more clubs.
I say tell Broadford hell no go away and let in MGYCW. Yes right now they are a mess but there’s something to work with there. Getting the right people to run the place is the challenge. The bones are there to build a BFNL club. Big junior club, large growth area, travel is not an issue. I don’t love the ground but the facilities are fine. I don’t think anyone in here could tell me MGYCW won’t be a better option than Broadford in 2-5 years time.

11 clubs? Surely let's worry about Maryborough being able to field a reserves team every week first before we go off on a tangent. There is no rock-solid 100% guarantee they will be in the BFNL next year unless I missed an announcement to the contrary.

The rumoured 10th club has the potential to cause problems for the league as a result of coming out of recess, so maybe they should settle themselves in another league and prove their viability before bringing the circus to town. Remember, most of their former players are running around elsewhere with no guarantee of them returning. Maybe the players who have gone to Avenel might want to stay at a club that has made the finals in the 1s and 2s. Broadford's 2025 list is a guess on a sheet of paper at present - and there is consideration of them joining a premier competition?

I'd be surprised if there was an 11th club unless a few concessions have been put onto the table to woo them.
How does the league fix that? Outside of concession on points and salary cap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back