Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It was up to those in attendance to return to their respective clubs and seek feedback. I am not sure who is your 'direct line' but rest assured there are clubs who are not in agreement with the proposal. The feedback has been communicated to the BFNL board and representatives.
so if the clubs don’t agree but are too scared to speak publicly then maybe those in charge need their roles questioned too in the same manner the league board and region employees are
Show some balls people or youll all be part of this laughing stock storyline

who is the afl vic manager refered to in all this.

I reckon many maine footballers in the 90s and early to mid 2000s played well under too crazy

I think you would be surprised how many players at Gisborne are being paid ‘unders’ and could receive a far higher remuneration at other clubs. Gisborne is a great club with excellent culture and as a result readily attracts players to the club. Gisborne does certainly pay well to some players but they certainly aren’t ‘big spenders’ compared to some clubs I have encountered over time.

Agree some Castlemaine players have been well remunerated over the years although they are not unique from a football perspective. Many clubs do pay good coin to high profile recruits. This will continue forever.

I think you would be surprised how many players at Gisborne are being paid ‘unders’ and could receive a far higher remuneration at other clubs. Gisborne is a great club with excellent culture and as a result readily attracts players to the club. Gisborne does certainly pay well to some players but they certainly aren’t ‘big spenders’ compared to some clubs I have encountered over time.

Agree some Castlemaine players have been well remunerated over the years although they are not unique from a football perspective. Many clubs do pay good coin to high profile recruits. This will continue forever.
It's easy to attract players when your winning, but mick mcguane hardened gisborne from talented players who tended to go missing into country Victoria's most ruthless side. That cultures still there, even when they have s mass exodus of senior players, they play the kids and the kids play gisborne footy and they bounce back up in a year

Any Maryborough updates LFG? Was there any truth to the North Central rumour?
The North Central option (like many) was looked at although there is no benefit for the club to head that way when you look at the current situation. Distance is an issue and travelling to places like Sea Lake for example is significant especially when you look at our club trying to attract players from Melbourne and regional cities like Ballarat and not being in a position to offer significant amounts of money as some clubs in remote locations do to attract players.

The other issue is our club really has nothing in common with clubs within the league and the region in general.

It was not an option that was considered to be the best for the future of the club although as part of looking at the future of the club, all avenues are being explored as nothing has been left unturned. Regardless of what happens, the review of the club has been a positive and something that may be considered well overdue. Maybe if this was done earlier, the club may have not been in this plight although who really knows and there is no benefit in pointing the blame at anyone. People involved in sporting clubs just try to do their best and improve their respective club.

well put guru. i think at times far to much scrutiny comes on volunteers. most still have to work full time before the local footy club stuff kicks in. victoria is littered with afl house employees now and many leagues also have ful time exployees yet the game appears to be in the worts shape it has been for some time. all this must start and stop somewhere but blaming club volunteers who at times may not have the skillsets required is no different to the easy blame the coach route we often take. i hope maryorough can find themselves a way to run out somewhere in 2025 as its hard to go agian once the doors shut. unless your like braodford who it seems is abot to resemble lazarus like traits ha ha. low level district footy no coach no players little money to becoming a major league club. it will be the story of 2025

Damian Truslove to Broadford. Huge if true.
Has Disneyland been built in Broadford? So they are going to pay him like $120K. He will give up his development role at the Swans to coach Broadford, who is in recess right now ? That would be the biggest backward step in his coaching career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Disneyland been built in Broadford? So they are going to pay him like $120K. He will give up his development role at the Swans to coach Broadford, who is in recess right now ? That would be the biggest backward step in his coaching career.
Sharp told him it's a step forward so he's doing it.
Just like Sharp told Carol & Crew to let Broadford in and they're doing it.
Everybody is playing Sharp Says.
Just passing on gossip lads

Not having a crack at you mate at all. This is unbelievable. Grandiose plans that yet again blur the lines between reality and fantasy. Par for the course. I've been on the end of a few of these previously.
Well the announcement is "imminent" so we'll know who it is soon enough.

If it's someone of that calibre they've done well.

He would want 60K to do it at a minimum
to coach local footy? then to go find what. another $120000 more at a minimum just to have a team capable of competing with Mary borough. this is going to fantastic reading as its more likely than not now given it hasnt been shut down by anybody of note.

to coach local footy? then to go find what. another $120000 more at a minimum just to have a team capable of competing with Mary borough. this is going to fantastic reading as its more likely than not now given it hasnt been shut down by anybody of note.
That is the salary cap......

It sounds like a formality that broadford are in the bendigo football league.

Greg madigan this is actually your time to shine and knock this on the head. Broadford will be in recess in 12 months, with this decision. It is the worst decision to ever happen in country football.

Do we want to ruin grass roots footy? He actually needs to talk to the club and help broker a deal to get them in the Northern league and play against Kilmore. Afl Victoria I'm pretty sure this is the reason you've taken over the vcfl and leagues over the state to actually provide sustainable clubs. How's allowing a club been in recess 2 years and never played in a major league a good idea to travel 2 hours against clubs you've never played against a good idea
Broadford asked the question to the NFNL and were told no thanks.

They don’t need sides with 10-10-11 sides already across 3 divisions with 1-2 sides shakey.

They’ve attracted strong sides in Ivanhoe and Parade last year and have zero reason to take on a club with zero players and a poor viability history who geographically aren’t anywhere near the NFNL.

On the Broadford front this is just a disaster incoming. Most of there players went to Avenal who made finals this year. From all reports they are happy there and have zero reason to return to get destroyed.

Regardless these so called players aren’t much chop finishing with a 2-13 record in a poor comp.

This is simply a terrible idea

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back