Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour is that the AFL is putting pressure on the WA Football Commission to start micro-managing grassroots footy in WA. Until now, WA football has had the same level of self-administration as Victorian leagues did in the VCFL/VMFL days.

It has been surprising that WA has been able to hold out the AFL for this long but I fear we are going to start suffering the same problems that you guys have had for the last 10 years or so in the near future :(
RIP WA Footy !

First port of call is why on earth would either Huntly or White Hills do anything to prop up the BFNL? The thing is a disaster, dysfunctional administration, clubs who think Broadford coming in could benefit the league...? I would not think either club could give 2 stuffs about the BFNL or the disaster it has become
I’d have thought first port of call is to establish some independence so that the league can make informed decisions which are in the best interests of the league without overbearing influence .

Out of interest has anyone spoken to anyone from the Picola league ? As they broke away from the governing bodies. If it has been successful it would be a template for other competitions to mobilise.

Trouble is it’s like an abusive marriage at the moment.

Clubs would love to get out but they are so overworked at the moment the thought of taking on the work to go independent is overwhelming.

Trouble is it’s like an abusive marriage at the moment.

Clubs would love to get out but they are so overworked at the moment the thought of taking on the work to go independent is overwhelming.
I might be a bit old. But I do remember when we had one staff member who ran the competition and was only answerable to the member clubs.

Ancient times...
Agree. However a single person would be better for clubs to streamline operations.

I’ve posted in the VAFA forum if all players who played last year are auto registered for the following season. It would reduce the paperwork going back and forth albeit electronically.

Simplistic approaches will lighten the load for any local club administrators.

Amazing that aflvic initiated the contact and would be paying the wage.
I'm hearing endless points and coin and trying to get locals back from Seymour. I'd love to know why a club in recess, with a less-than-positive reputation has been identified as a venture to tip a truckload of money into. Bizarre.

I'm hearing endless points and coin and trying to get locals back from Seymour. I'd love to know why a club in recess, with a less-than-positive reputation has been identified as a venture to tip a truckload of money into. Bizarre.

Because someone in a high office is connected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can go as hard as they like ringo1 as there is hardly any former Broadford FNC players at the club.

None of them who are there are planning on leaving anyway.

The whole thing smells to high heaven. I have said my piece about this absolute pipe dream.

Sham is an understatement.

Why hasn’t the same support been given to BFL clubs to allow them to survive and thrive that is alleged to be being offered to Broadford ?

The board hierarchy now in panic mode, all this was discussed at Latrobe Uni meeting with Commissioners August last year only Cam off board attended or invited, Bendigo, Echuca, Nth Central and Loddon Valley all represented and split up into their hubs. Notes taken and nothing ever came back from it, All piss and wind as per normal. Damien Drum was the white hope to try to fix issues but even he has been tongue tied. Points very much discussed and notes taken with certain clubs not needing the points like others do. Last year example was a game Golden Square points used 26 against Maryborough of mid 40s just to get a team on ground 3-4 point players that were just there from another league hadn’t been playing for a few years helping out and over a 250 point margin an example used. Honestly wouldn’t matter if 60 + points available no one puts hand up to be challenged, unlike a poster the other day wrote on here that money isn’t everything I call bullshit on that.

Big 3 clubs in Bendigo grab the best juniors from the primary schools including Kyneton and Maine kids so their points coming into senior ranks are one pointers. This is shown year after year in the 18s ladder nothing changes. Alignments to private schools another advantage and again this is hidden and paid for in some way. Flat doesn’t get this same advantage as even there good kids get poached in town by the big 3. Kyneton were very vocal and we all seen the result after that they tried and had a go and were penalised. They just didn’t hide there payments as well as others do.
Lastly adding good luck to those Big 3 having such a strong club and monopolising the BFNL system you are in fact breaking it before your own eyes fun whilst it you there in it but one day perhaps you may be on the end of it when someone at your club upsets you or you upset them.
Something to think about bloggers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
The board hierarchy now in panic mode, all this was discussed at Latrobe Uni meeting with Commissioners August last year only Cam off board attended or invited, Bendigo, Echuca, Nth Central and Loddon Valley all represented and split up into their hubs. Notes taken and nothing ever came back from it, All piss and wind as per normal. Damien Drum was the white hope to try to fix issues but even he has been tongue tied. Points very much discussed and notes taken with certain clubs not needing the points like others do. Last year example was a game Golden Square points used 26 against Maryborough of mid 40s just to get a team on ground 3-4 point players that were just there from another league hadn’t been playing for a few years helping out and over a 250 point margin an example used. Honestly wouldn’t matter if 60 + points available no one puts hand up to be challenged, unlike a poster the other day wrote on here that money isn’t everything I call bullshit on that.

Big 3 clubs in Bendigo grab the best juniors from the primary schools including Kyneton and Maine kids so their points coming into senior ranks are one pointers. This is shown year after year in the 18s ladder nothing changes. Alignments to private schools another advantage and again this is hidden and paid for in some way. Flat doesn’t get this same advantage as even there good kids get poached in town by the big 3. Kyneton were very vocal and we all seen the result after that they tried and had a go and were penalised. They just didn’t hide there payments as well as others do.
Lastly adding good luck to those Big 3 having such a strong club and monopolising the BFNL system you are in fact breaking it before your own eyes fun whilst it you there in it but one day perhaps you may be on the end of it when someone at your club upsets you or you upset them.
Something to think about bloggers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good summary, the only thing I would say is the commission had good intentions from the LaTrobe meeting but were stymied by clubs, the hub and the board.

The commission knew two things, that change was desperately required and that the hub and board are hopeless. They tried to cut them out and get something started and it’s a shame it didn’t work.

I hoped the council would follow their lead but unfortunately thus far they have been a huge disappointment.

Because someone in a high office is connected

Avenel's 1s and 2s made finals this year - something Broadford struggled to do before going into recess and will have great difficulty in doing in the BFNL.

Honestly, why would someone leave Avenel where you have a reasonable chance of playing finals year on year and go to (or back to) a club that will struggle to win games.

Money isn't everything when it comes to football. It's easier to look at premiership medals 20 years after you win them and remember the good times compared to thinking about that $100 note you got from a club and then spent it a week later on a car service. You can't have a reunion 20 years on with an envelope of bank notes.

BREAKING NEWS:

Bendigo Football League has a new instagram page.

Hard to believe I know but 100% true.

To think some of you have questioned what the staff do all day. Literally spent the entire season working on that password to make sure they don’t lose this account like they did their Facebook.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear free tracksuits.

League couldn’t find someone to do the play HQ scores today?
Would be the only league in Australia who wouldn’t haven’t live scores working for a final

League couldn’t find someone to do the play HQ scores today?
Would be the only league in Australia who wouldn’t haven’t live scores working for a final

It’s not the lack of a person running it, it was going until early second quarter and then froze up.

Thanks to the hub staff for completely vindicating everything I’ve been saying all year though.

Avenel's 1s and 2s made finals this year - something Broadford struggled to do before going into recess and will have great difficulty in doing in the BFNL.

Honestly, why would someone leave Avenel where you have a reasonable chance of playing finals year on year and go to (or back to) a club that will struggle to win games.

Money isn't everything when it comes to football. It's easier to look at premiership medals 20 years after you win them and remember the good times compared to thinking about that $100 note you got from a club and then spent it a week later on a car service. You can't have a reunion 20 years on with an envelope of bank notes.
That last paragraph is the best thing I've read on here in a long time

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back