Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour is that the AFL is putting pressure on the WA Football Commission to start micro-managing grassroots footy in WA. Until now, WA football has had the same level of self-administration as Victorian leagues did in the VCFL/VMFL days.

It has been surprising that WA has been able to hold out the AFL for this long but I fear we are going to start suffering the same problems that you guys have had for the last 10 years or so in the near future :(
hold out as long as possible. as an old country guy now in Melbourne how Footy is managed and run is all driven from afl house. and anyone who pushes back or challenges quickly finds out pretty quickly. the once competition name who played Australian rules has hijacked and branded the entire co7ntry and weve all fallen for it. how many clubs no w post on socials come play afl etc. best takeover and marketing branding campaign in the history of australia sport. schools now boast afl teams. mastersroke

My source suggests Mr Truslove has withdrawn his services as a potential coach of Broadford.
smart decision. google had him coaching interstate vfl this year. be stuffed if im relocating on a fantasy with no guarantee of a team let alone a coaching payment. not to mention hed never get a d3cent level coaching job again had he taken it and hypothetically it failed.

smart decision. google had him coaching interstate vfl this year. be stuffed if im relocating on a fantasy with no guarantee of a team let alone a coaching payment. not to mention hed never get a d3cent level coaching job again had he taken it and hypothetically it failed.

So can a major comp only have 8 teams ? Maybe 6 in 2026 ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone go to the game yesterday, be great to get a report on the game. I work Saturdays so rely on others for quarter by quarter updates, but be great to get a run down of who did what. Slags v Gizdogs next week should be a decent affair.

Last edited:
Anyone go to the game yesterday, be great to get a report on the game. I work Saturdays so rely on others for quarter by quarter updates, but be great to get a run down of who did what. Slags v Gizdogs next week should be a decent affair.
Yes some comments on the football itself like they do on other forums would be a complete breath of fresh air.

From a (very large) distance, Gisborne looking menacing. Today Square and Eaglehawk should be a good game.

Other forums have supporters from most clubs, there’s not many of those around for a lot of teams in our league.

Most people on here are casual observers not attending games.

I dropped in for the second half yesterday, I’ll be surprised if Sandhurst have a margin inside 5 goals in either final. Their biggest challenge for the flag is the salary cap check.

If it wasn’t on the QEO I’d have Square in the Grand Final but not sure they are well suited to the ground size.

Back up this morning to see the young Pies have a good win in a hard fought game with Flat. By the way my phone lit up with people asking what was going on as the live scores failed again.
Remarkable that when it is so simple and reliable it has failed twice in the only games I’ve followed so far in finals.
Still at least we have an instagram page.

Other forums have supporters from most clubs, there’s not many of those around for a lot of teams in our league.

Most people on here are casual observers not attending games.

I dropped in for the second half yesterday, I’ll be surprised if Sandhurst have a margin inside 5 goals in either final. Their biggest challenge for the flag is the salary cap check.

If it wasn’t on the QEO I’d have Square in the Grand Final but not sure they are well suited to the ground size.

Back up this morning to see the young Pies have a good win in a hard fought game with Flat. By the way my phone lit up with people asking what was going on as the live scores failed again.
Remarkable that when it is so simple and reliable it has failed twice in the only games I’ve followed so far in finals.
Still at least we have an instagram page.

Why isn’t live stream link etc advertised on Facebook ?

Gisborne were a level above. Margin could’ve blown out more than it did with Bulldogs resting McKenna, Blake & Bernacki in the last Qt. No injuries for them makes for a great encounter next Sat v Dragons. As for today G. Square outplayed Burra given the conditions. C.Holmes yellow carded for burra in 3qt when they had the wind was probably the turning point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure did, both footy games and A grade netball both days.

Apparently been live streaming one senior game a round all year which I only found out at the end of the season.

Probably need to put on more staff next year to better promote these things.

I seriously had to search for the streaming link today. Not a mention of it on any socials.
Are they panicking about nobody going to finals so they don’t promote live stream ??

Wouldn’t it be fitting if Gisborne goes on to win the flag and then in there acceptance speech announce they are moving to Ballarat League for 2025 and beyond!
Would it? Gisborne have been a wonderful club, some of their sides in the early naughties were as good as it got, they lifted the standard of the bfl for square ro get too

I seriously had to search for the streaming link today. Not a mention of it on any socials.
Are they panicking about nobody going to finals so they don’t promote live stream ??

Maybe given the weather was not going to be great that was it.

Seems to have been hugely under promoted all year though, not sure why you’d pay for the service and then bury it.

Probably need to put on more staff next year to better promote these things.

And right on cue, another new staff member.

Manager of Commercial, Media and Operations announced.

Ladies and Gentlemen, enjoy seeing 65k of your hard earned funds spent on copying and pasting the crap Doley churns out each week onto Facebook.

How do we let this happen.

And right on cue, another new staff member.

Manager of Commercial, Media and Operations announced.

Ladies and Gentlemen, enjoy seeing 65k of your hard earned funds spent on copying and pasting the crap Doley churns out each week onto Facebook.

How do we let this happen.
Sounds like they'll be in charge of live scores, isn't that what your after? 65k is hardly attracting anyone is it? Players and coaches get paid more in some cases

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back