Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A proposal has been proposed that Coates league teams should align with a VFL side. The only viable option would be a Pioneers /Essendon VFL setup. I believe coaches etc will come from VFL clubs. A bit like the Development League that ended in 2017.

Would be great to see changes to the Under 18 competition. The only real benefit I have seen over the long term with this program (apart from when Ringo was involved as it was a very different and better approach) is the handing out of jackets, clipboards and laptops. Too many "hanger ons" and those who are well out of their depth in relation to the coaching and development of football in the region have been key players for most if its duration.

The negative impacts on football due to this ego driven organisation are way too many to mention.

It would be great to see the back of it!

What I could not work out for the life of me Forest is why Blake was continually allowed to take the front position in the ruck at boundary throw ins. The boundary umpire on the grandstand side in particular continually lobbed the ball short. (Quite normal in BFNL football although you would expect better in a final). Blake was onto this in a flash and, always in the front position, was practically spoon fed - you'd think it was his brother tossing it to him. Blake continually got his hands to the ball - at one stage gabbing it and running into an open goal. I don't think you can smash him to use your words, but he needs to be tagged as per the likes of Tardrew & Toma. If you allow Blake to continually give Gisborne's on ballers first use of the ball the game will be taken away from you in the blink of an eye.

If you could get Blake back to Castlemaine I reckon you would be playing finals.

Yes exactly, I wasn’t meaning anything untoward but needed body on at every stoppage and he shouldn’t be able to go past an opposition player without copping some contact around the ground.

Like chopping down a big tree, just keep putting bumps on until it wears out. There was none of it though, they gave him a guard of honour at every stoppage.

Was either awful coaching or completely disinterested players for mine.

As for Castlemaine, highly unlikely to ever happen from what I’ve heard recently. Last time didn’t end well and a return would create an exodus.

Golden Square would be bitterly disappointed after Sunday, both Seniors and Reserves losing games they were expected to win.

Not sure square were “expected” to win going on to the game but given the storm being down to no rotations from half time they’d be disappointed they couldn’t get over the line.

Pretty resilient effort by Strath

No idea of specifics, just heard there are plenty of bad feelings from his previous stint there and Maine wouldn’t recruit him under any circumstances.
That's a shame Forest as whatever happened is a fair way back now. Did Blake ever play seniors for Maine or was he just an underage player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure square were “expected” to win going on to the game but given the storm being down to no rotations from half time they’d be disappointed they couldn’t get over the line.

Pretty resilient effort by Strath
Yep not bad for a club that one scribe was claiming was falling apart. I think the same scribe also questioned the coach. Very quiet now!!!

OK I am a diehard Sandhurst supporter but there was no reaction from the Gisborne players. It looked accidental contact.
I wasn’t there, but my young bloke was and he showed me the footage, it’s a clear accident, if he goes for that we should shut the league down. Accidental incident that happened with no malice ow intent, jog on, free to play surely

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back