Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Change of topic.

I intensively dislike the rule that the player standing the mark cannot move one inch either side until the umpire calls play on or it is a fifty metre penalty. It gives the guy with the ball the opportunity to play on as he likes. I much preferred the previously rule that allowed the player on the mark to immediately move to his side if the player with the ball plays on. (No waiting for the umpire to call play on). To me 50 metre penalties should be limited to situations where the player with the ball is treated unfairly. (Say dumped after taking a mark). Now if the player on the mark takes one step to the side before the umpire calls play on it is a 50 metre penalty. Makes a complete mockery of the purpose of standing on the mark.

I would also like to return the rule where the player kicking out after a behind can not go past the goal square marked white line. Now the defender can run where he likes while once again the forward has to stand like his boots are in concrete or again give away a 50 metre penalty.

What do others think?
As a fat 2s player I love the stand rule! Gives me a 30 sec rest without it looking like I don’t give a crap!!!

As a fat 2s player I love the stand rule! Gives me a 30 sec rest without it looking like I don’t give a crap!!!
Here here.

Umpires were red hot on it when it first came in and hurt the local umpire image. As the umpire was watching the guy on the mark not the player with the ball in hand. Local umpires weren’t quick enough to call it. And gave away a lot of shit 50’s.

Most local umpires have now realised it’s a shit rule to enforce locally and while they call stand, you very rarely see a 50 mtr penalty applied.

I did see one this year where the guy on the mark did some funny dance looking thing and the umpire pinged him for it.

Been on leave - IM BACK

CHRISTIAN CARTER HAS BEEN APPROACHED TO COACH THE MIGHTY BROADFORD KANGAS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think you can grab a black texta and start putting a line through the whole idea. Mid-September and still chasing a coach when clubs have been reappointing or appointing them for 2025 since middle of the year. No player announcements to kick start any momentum for others to jump aboard. Another thought. Would the BFNL be prepared to let them in without seniors?

I think you can grab a black texta and start putting a line through the whole idea. Mid-September and still chasing a coach when clubs have been reappointing or appointing them for 2025 since middle of the year. No player announcements to kick start any momentum for others to jump aboard. Another thought. Would the BFNL be prepared to let them in without seniors?
Kangaroo flat won the flag in 96, coach appointed in Feb I think

If they can get a high profile coach, that can get locals back and neighbouring kids over they'll have a crack no doubt. Sounds like money isn't a problem

Actually had a chat with a Broadford person today.

They were super positive when they thought they had Truslove. He backed out and they went to the league and said that they were battling and might not make it to the line.

Apparently have now appointed someone and are again super confident of getting up and going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually had a chat with a Broadford person today.

They were super positive when they thought they had Truslove. He backed out and they went to the league and said that they were battling and might not make it to the line.

Apparently have now appointed someone and are again super confident of getting up and going
Big name coach mate?

Did anyone seriously think there was a chance of any other outcome?

The most corrupt sporting governing body in the land

Careless, High Contact, Severe Impact every day of the week.
Accidents rule out the “intentional” grading - not the careless one.

Careless definition: “not giving sufficient attention or thought to avoiding harm”.

Tardrew a champion player & person, but very lucky in my opinion. If he wore different colours, wasn’t favourite for the Michelson or half of Carol McKinistrys family wasn’t on the Sandhurst board it might be a different result.
Ironic Eaglehawks 2025 coach got 2 weeks for bad language from the same tribunal panel..

Kangaroo flat won the flag in 96, coach appointed in Feb I think

Different world now though, in those days we didn’t think about footy until February. Now everyone has next year’s contract signed by August.

Did anyone seriously think there was a chance of any other outcome?

The most corrupt sporting governing body in the land

Point of order there Crazy, the tribunal isn’t corrupt, just hopeless.

It’s been a kangaroo court for at least 40 years. Has the consistency of a blowfly’s flight.

Careless, High Contact, Severe Impact every day of the week.
Accidents rule out the “intentional” grading - not the careless one.

Careless definition: “not giving sufficient attention or thought to avoiding harm”.

Tardrew a champion player & person, but very lucky in my opinion. If he wore different colours, wasn’t favourite for the Michelson or half of Carol McKinistrys family wasn’t on the Sandhurst board it might be a different result.
Ironic Eaglehawks 2025 coach got 2 weeks for bad language from the same tribunal panel..

Just read the addy article and I take it back.

“Following the hour-long hearing and deliberation, in handing down the not guilty verdict tribunal chairman Craig Burnett warned Tardrew to be careful in the future and “please don’t come here again”.”

WTF?

Different world now though, in those days we didn’t think about footy until February. Now everyone has next year’s contract signed by August.

Point of order there Crazy, the tribunal isn’t corrupt, just hopeless.

It’s been a kangaroo court for at least 40 years. Has the consistency of a blowfly’s flight.

And you think the tribunal isn’t hand picked by the sandhurst committee oh I mean BFNL board ?

And you think the tribunal isn’t hand picked by the sandhurst committee oh I mean BFNL board ?

I’m with you after reading those comments.

That’s not something you say to someone who you consider completely innocent and just had an unfortunate accident.

That’s something you say to someone you have just given a chance to.

That’s not something you say to someone who you consider completely innocent and just had an unfortunate accident.

Maybe watch the incident and how tardrew plays, he's a ball player

To quote your own words - '... the tribunal isn’t corrupt, just hopeless.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back