Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The top secrecy around the senior coach makes you think there's afl vic assistance to find and possibly part pay too
I dont think its top secret. We all know who they thought they had.

I'm now told they are exploring plan B but it isn't going well, with a sticking point that they won't be given any salary cap concessions for players so this is why I don't think they've been given any special treatment. I've said before I'm told the council and the league are in dispute over whether they even get in.

People keep saying the amount of assistance Broadford have been given is a disgrace.

What have they been given? Other than being allowed to join a league?

For me it’s the attitude that’s been shown that’s the issue rather than any assistance.

Professor Carol Lundgren was pretty quick to react with ‘if he dies, he dies’ when Maryborough first hit the skids and yet Broadford seem to be receiving a warm welcome despite having no visible positives for the league that any of us can see.

I suppose the next logical step for those of us disenfranchised with the leadership is to be wary that they will indeed follow up with concessions for Broadford because we’ve seen time and again how they look after their pets.

In other news Crazymaggy2020 is there any truth to the whispers I’m hearing that the Castlemaine boys at Gissy attended more functions with their former club than present this year? Culture huh?

It’s one of the most corrupt things I’ve seen.

Also can categorically confirm this is 100% true. Strathfieldsaye called 2 Kyneton under 17s during the year to come play in there 18s for remainder of year and promised them a Pios list spot for next year

1 wouldn’t be in the top 600 Under 18s in the area, the other is an out and out star.

1 decided to leave, the other decided to stay at Kyneton and play seniors as a 16/17 year old for the remainder of the year, kicking multiple goals in multiple games, before going back to under 19.5s once seniors didn’t make finals and nearly single handly dragging the side from 5th to losing in a GF.

Guess which one of the two is on the Pios list…………..

Isn’t that a disgrace, probably says a lot about the regions football situation at the moment

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Theres kids in other leagues playing against men in senior footy, I know currans in the squad but he got 2 bog in the central murray finals, he's miles ahead of guys who play under 16 footy
Clubs need to nominate the kids before they are selected. Not many fail to be selected once nominated. Their are plenty of kids around that have talent that don’t want to be nominated as they are realistic and know that for the amount of time needed they get very little out of it and for most it leads nowhere.

Clubs need to nominate the kids before they are selected. Not many fail to be selected once nominated. Their are plenty of kids around that have talent that don’t want to be nominated as they are realistic and know that for the amount of time needed they get very little out of it and for most it leads nowhere.
You are correct, the club I am involved in wanted to nominate 3 kids, when we spoke with them about it, they said no with the reply “why would we bother”.
2 of these kids played senior football this year against men.

It’s one of the most corrupt things I’ve seen.

Also can categorically confirm this is 100% true. Strathfieldsaye called 2 Kyneton under 17s during the year to come play in there 18s for remainder of year and promised them a Pios list spot for next year

1 wouldn’t be in the top 600 Under 18s in the area, the other is an out and out star.

1 decided to leave, the other decided to stay at Kyneton and play seniors as a 16/17 year old for the remainder of the year, kicking multiple goals in multiple games, before going back to under 19.5s once seniors didn’t make finals and nearly single handly dragging the side from 5th to losing in a GF.

Guess which one of the two is on the Pios list…………..

The Kyneton lad who went to strath played a lot of senior footy and features in each of straths finals. You said yourself the kid is an out and out star and would have made the Coates league squad of every team no matter where he played

They have an amazing group of 16s coming up through, as yes aligned whilst targeted at 12s Or offered scholarships to schools to get them to Hurst.
Its a monopoly building empire your all slowly seeing it happen finally, but guess what its to late and nothing anyone can do about it. Even 2 teams in each age group for years being the strongest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hilarious. Tell me more about these scholarships?

Don’t get me started on this crap. There is a ridiculous Sandhurst bias here. Some very good players missing out. This is not a talent program but a program for who can kiss ass the best. There is some bang average footballers on that list that will be no where near the level required.
You find it ridiculous that the under 16 and under 18 premiers would have more in the squad than others?

You find it ridiculous that the under 16 and under 18 premiers would have more in the squad than others?
You would expect them to have more but the amount they have and some of them nominated are not better than kids who missed out. I would like to see just one year to start where the best kids are picked not picked because of the jumper they wear or who kisses ass the best. Like I said I was a supporter of talent league but I am losing that now based on some invites.

Makes a mockery of it then doesn't it. I agree if your 18, unless your going top 10 why bother with the travel to train and play each week. Play senior footy with your mates and enjoy year 12. Looks like it's now purely a bfl under 18 interleague team selected. The best kids from the Northern part get scholarships at geelong grammar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would expect them to have more but the amount they have and some of them nominated are not better than kids who missed out. I would like to see just one year to start where the best kids are picked not picked because of the jumper they wear or who kisses ass the best. Like I said I was a supporter of talent league but I am losing that now based on some invites.
Not better in your opinion?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back