Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just remember Oliver got bog against jako in he's prime and was kicking 100+ in the bfl, both him and dekka should have played 200 afl games each. Did dekka ever cross paths with diesel or did they just miss playing on each other?
Diesel is 7 years older than Derrick so I reckon they would have missed playing against each other unfortunately. Would have been great to see. Oliver was a super player and on his day ( which was often) he was menacing and unstoppable.

Ben doherty
My memory is Square, with Doherty kicking a bag on Wayne Mitrovic from centre half forward, lost the vital last home and away game of the 2003 season against Sandhurst to actually drop out of the finals. One of the rare occasions they did not make them. I think Doherty who was employed by the Bendigo Advertiser went to Canberra the following year.

Diesel is 7 years older than Derrick so I reckon they would have missed playing against each other unfortunately. Would have been great to see. Oliver was a super player and on his day ( which was often) he was menacing and unstoppable.
Diesel's duels with Frankie Coughlan starting with the 1983 Sandhurst v Square grand final then continuing on in the AFL with Carlton v St Kilda matches were great to see.

My memory is Square, with Doherty kicking a bag on Wayne Mitrovic from centre half forward, lost the vital last home and away game of the 2003 season against Sandhurst to actually drop out of the finals. One of the rare occasions they did not make them. I think Doherty who was employed by the Bendigo Advertiser went to Canberra the following year.
I think metro held him to 6 and kicked 1 or 2 himself from centre half back. I was actually at the game, reckon gathercole played okay too

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back