Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They will need to sort off field out first. Got to get the right people running the place as well as the football dept.
I don’t want to keep harping on about this but You can’t sack a favourite son and there not be flow on effects. Financially and far more importantly to the fabric of the club.
On field we might just have to suck eggs for a few years which won’t hurt, we are lucky we have good kids coming through.
Be good to see a united club again at some stage though because as much as the powers that be spin it, it most certainly isn’t from a past players perspective.
Do you think some of those kids are at risk of not finding their way through to senior level at Square though based on some of their surnames and the damage that’s been done the last 18 months?

It would be an individual matter with the appropriate authorities rather than the club but, with what happened, the club should come out and say that they don't condone such behaviour and announce either an internal investigation or an appropriate sanction.

What has happened is likely to affect how comfortable netballers in particular would feel in such an environment, as well as any female volunteers or workers. Silence would be as good as condoning what has happened.

Do you think some of those kids are at risk of not finding their way through to senior level at Square though based on some of their surnames and the damage that’s been done the last 18 months?
Certainly hope not as there is some ripper kids coming through and I’d hate to see good square families leave.

The ideal outcome would be to relocate the Golden Square Bowls Club to a new bowls precinct at Bacchus Oval along with parkland / greenspace. Wade Street could then be properly redeveloped.

Bowls clubs are bloody hard to shift…look at Windy Hill as an example..the bowls club remained and Essendon had to move.

The swimming pool at Square also an example of how hard it is to get and change at that precinct

Bowls clubs are bloody hard to shift…look at Windy Hill as an example..the bowls club remained and Essendon had to move.

The swimming pool at Square also an example of how hard it is to get and change at that precinct
If Essendon provided the assistance required to get the bowls club to move, then they would have moved. The pure arrogance of the football club to expect the bowls club to fund the move themselves, with minimal financial contribution from the footy club, is what stopped that move.

If Essendon provided the assistance required to get the bowls club to move, then they would have moved. The pure arrogance of the football club to expect the bowls club to fund the move themselves, with minimal financial contribution from the footy club, is what stopped that move.
Lots of factors windy Hill is close to plenty of houses, which would have been in uproar; bowls club and heritage parts of windy Hill made it hard. Far easier to build what they wanted at tulla

Square President says the big drawing games like Broadford and Sandhurst might need a switch. 🤣🤣🤣

Obviously won’t be room to park the one car of Sandhurst fans and I can just picture the road train steaming across from Broadford for that marquee match up.

Sort of makes me understand how the Broadford idea got through.
The sharp cup will be a sell out

Lots of factors windy Hill is close to plenty of houses, which would have been in uproar; bowls club and heritage parts of windy Hill made it hard. Far easier to build what they wanted at tulla
The bowls and croquet club were both onboard with a move, pending the required support from the footy club - they wouldn’t come to the party. The Hangar is a great set up, the location not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perry to south if they can get the points reduction applications accepted that they have requested for all their recruits

Lanfranchi has signed with Strath
If somehow South get the point reductions that I've heard they're chasing then some serious questions would need to be answered. You'd imagine that any decision couldn't be made locally, although allegedly they were able to bypass the BFNL manager and go straight to Regional manager to plead their case.

I don't think south make the 5. Castlemaine are certainties. Apart from cadtlemaine getting a couple of big names, strath have a few grown back, there's zero big signings from any other club which is concerning for the league
That’s just standard these days - more good players leave than join the league.
Also you said 5….. surely it’ll only be a top 4?

Perry to south if they can get the points reduction applications accepted that they have requested for all their recruits

Lanfranchi has signed with Strath
Based on precedent set a few years ago, South will probably have their points allocation reduced after missing finals, but the finalists will all stay the same.

Is Lanfranchi confirmed?
From what I’m told he signed weeks ago.

He made it open that he wanted to stay in the BFNL and met with multiple clubs.

Good on him as further to the previous post you hate to see talent leave our league. I’m yet to see him play but I know there were many clubs after him and he’s well respected in Maryborough

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back