Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I might be naive, but I'd doubt more than 10 guys would have got over a 1k a game last year in the bfl.

My guess would be 20-30.

It really is time to stop this crap. Hopefully you're just stirring the pot. If you think a club that was set up over the past 25 years by Danny Ellis and currently looked after by great people with incredible integrity would do that then you are so far off the mark it's embarrassing for you.

This topic has probably been done to death now so I’ll leave it by saying I like to make it clear when I post if I know something or if I’m just speculating.

In this case I am absolutely 100% certain of the information, without a shadow of a doubt.

It really is time to stop this crap. Hopefully you're just stirring the pot. If you think a club that was set up over the past 25 years by Danny Ellis and currently looked after by great people with incredible integrity would do that then you are so far off the mark it's embarrassing for you.
Agreed. Slandering peoples good names and reputations without any fact or knowledge is pathetic

My guess would be 20-30.

This topic has probably been done to death now so I’ll leave it by saying I like to make it clear when I post if I know something or if I’m just speculating.

In this case I am absolutely 100% certain of the information, without a shadow of a doubt.

20-30 1k + per games players in the BFNL? You have just shown me how little you know about anything. It’ll allow me now to get so agitated by what is clear trolling or stupidity from now that at least.

Simple solution. Ditch the cap.

(Then we wouldn't have had to endure reading the last few pages on here.)

Many people here can name a number of clubs around the state where there is a strong suspicion that they are being loose with their salary cap arithmetic and there are dozens of ways of successfully hiding illegal payments, so investigating is a waste of time.

Having points as the sole form of equalisation is the most upfront way and clubs and leagues can focus on other issues rather than wasting time trying to trace the (usually) untraceable cash flow trail.

If clubs send themselves broke trying to buy premierships, more fool them. But at least having a points system will stop them going overboard with big-name signings.

The points have been able to bring some of the bigger spending metro clubs to heel on the field, so it is not always a case of the club with the most money wins.

20-30 1k + per games players in the BFNL? You have just shown me how little you know about anything. It’ll allow me now to get so agitated by what is clear trolling or stupidity from now that at least.

That’s the great thing about opinions, everyone is free to form their own.

For my part I’m very secure in what I know and where I learn it from and I think my posts over the years have reflected that.

The problem with scrapping the cap is metro clubs were paying double of country clubs and country clubs were paying a price to get average footballers. At least with the cap in place we've seen far better players leave metro clubs. The ovens and murray was super strong, north central was the strongest it's been in 40 years.

I wouldn't be paying 20 guys in the league 1k a game in the bfl. Greene tardrew, Bernanki, mckenna (when fit) Hartley and maybe monti are 1k players

Your first point could be said for Ballarat, Warrnambool, Geelong, Latrobe Valley, Albury-Wodonga where uni education also exists with plenty of surrounding leagues, but there is not the same doom & gloom and lack of appeal to play in Bendigo league.
The predictability of it all is a killer. Weekly thrashings become the talking point. Lack of competition saps interest big time.
The comp is crying out for a Castlemaine to come from clouds and start knocking off the city-based teams.
Might contradict my argument, but if a South Bendigo was to do something similar and get those people living around their new hq behind the team how good would that be.
The last thing that needs to happen is bring Broadford in and they get hammered each week. Mind boggling that afl vic ticked that off.
The BFNL stated aim of being a 10-team comp needs to change to a more even league and if that is eight teams for 2-3 years so be it.
Got to change narratiBFL teams go ev

Your first point could be said for Ballarat, Warrnambool, Geelong, Latrobe Valley, Albury-Wodonga where uni education also exists with plenty of surrounding leagues, but there is not the same doom & gloom and lack of appeal to play in Bendigo league.
The predictability of it all is a killer. Weekly thrashings become the talking point. Lack of competition saps interest big time.
The comp is crying out for a Castlemaine to come from clouds and start knocking off the city-based teams.
Might contradict my argument, but if a South Bendigo was to do something similar and get those people living around their new hq behind the team how good would that be.
The last thing that needs to happen is bring Broadford in and they get hammered each week. Mind boggling that afl vic ticked that off.
The BFNL stated aim of being a 10-team comp needs to change to a more even league and if that is eight teams for 2-3 years so be it.
Got to change narrative.
There would be BFL teams over the cap.

No matter what I say, I already know the response. Deny deny deny.
As I said, shop yourself around enough and the truth becomes known - especially if you’re willing to drive 2 and a half hours from home and stay in town 3 nights just to play local footy.

If, as you've stated, they have shopped themselves to a number of clubs, there will be others that are able to back your assertions.
Pretty simple..

The problem with scrapping the cap is metro clubs were paying double of country clubs and country clubs were paying a price to get average footballers. At least with the cap in place we've seen far better players leave metro clubs. The ovens and murray was super strong, north central was the strongest it's been in 40 years.

I wouldn't be paying 20 guys in the league 1k a game in the bfl. Greene tardrew, Bernanki, mckenna (when fit) Hartley and maybe monti are 1k players
Yep.
Prior to the introduction there was plenty of complaint about EDFL, NFL, EFL & VAFA clubs stockpiling talent and country clubs not being able to compete. (without a Joss-type, or massive harvest to fund it)
Now the complaint is that clubs aren't able to acquire players they weren't getting anyway..

My takeaway is that people, to be clear not referring to anyone here, just like to complain.

Every time these conversations come up we get the same old ‘no way anyone gets that much’ but you don’t hear much by way of actual examples that back that up. I think it shows who has recent involvement in a footy club and who doesn’t.

People are very naive when they want to be. For example we know not far north of here you have a player declining 60k because he had a bigger offer from a club down the road.

How could anyone possibly think that sort of stuff doesn’t make its way down here and lift prices?

The salary cap is a farce and the only reason we talk about it is because it exists. Scrap it and use the points system properly and spending will come down.
As opposed to those making the accusations always refusing to name names?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back