Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree Trent. I know that Ky, Rochy and Echuca are most likely not gettable at all but sets your sights high and come up with a strategy that lures 2 of them or even Moama as a starting point. The gates with any of these clubs in your league would be huge as they are in the GV. If that fails then look within your own backyard for a club.
I was reliably told that enquires were made to all 3 of those clubs about moving to Bendigo, and all 3 were very quick to decline, primarily as they all saw it as being a big step backwards.

I was reliably told that enquires were made to all 3 of those clubs about moving to Bendigo, and all 3 were very quick to decline, primarily as they all saw it as being a big step backwards.
It's a shame ,I was looking forward to the traditional Broadford v Echuca blockbuster!

A five step road map to recovery for BFNL.
1. Board coup. Enough spots will be up for grabs for a ticket to get those board positions available and get a foothold into the halls of power.
2. Exit the hub. Pay whatever it takes to get a suitably qualified, motivated gm independent of AFLCV to spearhead the revival.
3. Cut whatever ties, promises made with Broadford and go with 8 teams for 2-3 years to consolidate. new regime get runs on board to entice Moama in first instance before putting out feelers to others north of Bendigo. Rochester, Echuca.
4. Make changes. Be proactive. Ditch QEO finals in first two weeks and rotate them around to clubs like flat, south, Castlemaine to give them chance to make a bob and feel as though they’re truly part of comp.
5. New regime meets with coaches on monthly basis to understand where they think the comp should be tracking into future. Request coaches to become media friendly and talk up the comp at every opportunity under new regime.
Unless steps 1 & 2 are followed through sadly it’s more of the same.

Last edited:

I heard at least one didn’t even entertain a conversation.

Bit like when you’re the bottom side and being smashed by 150 most weeks and you can’t even get guys to sit down with you.

A five step road map to recovery for BFNL.
1. Board coup. Enough spots will be up for grabs for a ticket to get those board positions available and get a foothold into the halls of power.
2. Exit the hub. Pay whatever it takes to get a suitably qualified, motivated gm independent of AFLCV to spearhead the revival.
3. Cut whatever ties, promises made with Broadford and go with 8 teams for 2-3 years to consolidate. new regime get runs on board to entice Moama in first instance before putting out feelers to others north of Bendigo. Rochester, Echuca.
4. Make changes. Be proactive. Ditch QEO finals in first two weeks and rotate them around to clubs like flat, south, Castlemaine to give them chance to make a bob and feel as though they’re truly part of comp.
5. New regime meets with coaches on monthly basis to understand where they think the comp should be tracking into future.
Unless steps 1 & 2 are followed through sadly it’s more of the same.

You’ve got my vote for chair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back