Bernie Vince?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't touch Knights unless he was free. Far too risky a proposition to give anything up for. Doesn't look like half the player he was when he kicked 40 goals.

I'd still go after Dangerfield before any of the players mentioned if he were actually available.

Have to agree with this, dangerfield if anyone, he said a few weeks ago on before the game i think if craig goes he might, anyone else remember this?

I really don't think we need to load up on more midfielders ...

Unless we planned on turning Sharrod into a running half back flanker or playing Vince on the half forward line (who does Vince kick outta our midfield?) then I would be saying no. He can play; that isn't the issue. It's just about team balance and I don't see Vince improving us a great deal. He may replace Sharrod or Beams in the middle. I don't think that is a huge upgrade.

Dangerfield could play Maccaffers role maybe but he isn't worth the first rounder plus Wellingham/Beams etc trade we'd have to give up to secure him and Adelaide are well within their rights to demand a huge trade for someone like Dangerfield.

UNLESS, Thomas has confirmed he's leaving, we don't need these guys. SIMPLE.

Dundalis despite your quite breathtaking rant on our lack of ruck depth, the whole proviso of us getting HMac is built around us getting him cheaply, which will not happen!!!!

Its a hypothetical that is a complete and utter waste of time, much the same as the Scully talk of late on here, because none of us are willing to give up anything decent in order to get these players. I bet that if we were into HMac North would ask for Wellers and our 1st round pick and you'd be crazy to make that deal so I really don't get why we're discussing a bloke that's rising 27 with achilles issues as a potential recruit, whether we supposedly lack depth in that area or not.

This is all ignoring the fact that he has to choose to come to us as clearly the second ruck when at least 2 other teams (Richmond and GWS) could provide around double the salary and almost double the game time. So career wise him moving to us wouldn't be a smart choice!

If we're serious about another ruckman take a look at bloody Hampson who's clearly 3rd in line at Carlton, he spends more time up forward than HMac, is only 23 and will come at a helluva lot cheaper price under both the salary cap (which could become a concern) and through the trade to get him :thumbsu:

Oh and btw despite your bleak outlook on him, Wood has the 100% faith of the coaching staff and the player group that he can do the job (refer to MM's mid week presser). Its just up to the man himself as to whether he can ever reach his full potential much the same as blokes like Wellers and Vince for various other reasons.

Vince is & is going to be a very good player. However, the whole thing stinks of player managers mentioning Collingwood in their negotiations to drive said players value up. Happens every year. Getting Vince is a mssive longshot that would cost us plenty - why bother. Will be at Bombers next year paying well over the odds.

Dundalis despite your quite breathtaking rant on our lack of ruck depth, the whole proviso of us getting HMac is built around us getting him cheaply, which will not happen!!!!

Its a hypothetical that is a complete and utter waste of time, much the same as the Scully talk of late on here, because none of us are willing to give up anything decent in order to get these players. I bet that if we were into HMac North would ask for Wellers and our 1st round pick and you'd be crazy to make that deal so I really don't get why we're discussing a bloke that's rising 27 with achilles issues as a potential recruit, whether we supposedly lack depth in that area or not.

This is all ignoring the fact that he has to choose to come to us as clearly the second ruck when at least 2 other teams (Richmond and GWS) could provide around double the salary and almost double the game time. So career wise him moving to us wouldn't be a smart choice!

If we're serious about another ruckman take a look at bloody Hampson who's clearly 3rd in line at Carlton, he spends more time up forward than HMac, is only 23 and will come at a helluva lot cheaper price under both the salary cap (which could become a concern) and through the trade to get him :thumbsu:

Oh and btw despite your bleak outlook on him, Wood has the 100% faith of the coaching staff and the player group that he can do the job (refer to MM's mid week presser). Its just up to the man himself as to whether he can ever reach his full potential much the same as blokes like Wellers and Vince for various other reasons.

Hampson is barely better than Wood. Why bother? :rolleyes:

We seriously don't need to trade. Go to the draft and get some kids this season. The only trades we should be looking at are trades for guys who want out ... if there are any.

Hampson is barely better than Wood. Why bother? :rolleyes:

We seriously don't need to trade. Go to the draft and get some kids this season. The only trades we should be looking at are trades for guys who want out ... if there are any.

These are the type of comments that come about when you read a post in isolation. I personally have no interest in either HMac or Hampson and I know the club would share that opinion considering that Wood is rated internally!

Hampson isn't better than Wood at all, he's a potato.

I agree.

He's the stupidest, goofiest footballer I've ever seen. He makes the simpliest things look impossible. He can barely kick the bloody football.

I'd rather just keep Wood or blood the younger guys. McIntosh is far too injury prone aswell. The guy hasn't even reached 100 games yet and he's what, 27?

Im a long time member but dont often post. i was speaking with someone today who has pretty good connections with woodville west torrens (bernies sanfl team) and has previously given me good info about bock having signed with GC and he also told me a couple of months ago that phil davis was off to GWS.

Hes pretty adamant that there will be a trade involving sharrod wellingham for vince. Personally i cant see it happening as i think wellinghams potential celing is much higher than vinces but will be interesting to see what does unfold

I choose to not believe that, if Buckley trades Wellingham for Vince then he will have started his coaching career in the worst way possible.

Im a long time member but dont often post. i was speaking with someone today who has pretty good connections with woodville west torrens (bernies sanfl team) and has previously given me good info about bock having signed with GC and he also told me a couple of months ago that phil davis was off to GWS.

Hes pretty adamant that there will be a trade involving sharrod wellingham for vince. Personally i cant see it happening as i think wellinghams potential celing is much higher than vinces but will be interesting to see what does unfold

Not sure how I feel about this, Vince is 25 and Wellingham is 23 so not much age difference. Both have real untapped potential, in a good team Vince could be dominant but Wellingham has the ability to become a real classy midfielder. I would probably prefer to keep Wellingham but wouldn't be the end of the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I choose to not believe that, if Buckley trades Wellingham for Vince then he will have started his coaching career in the worst way possible.

Agree, that would be a crap trade imo. Would be paying absolute overs in terms of salary, potential and possibly picks. Bleh.

I rate Wellingham very, very highly. I think he can be as good as Thomas, those goals where he just roves the ball and runs right through the middle of a stoppage really show his class, it's just that our midfield is so freaking stacked that he ends up playing second fiddle to Swan, Pendles, Ball and Thomas. I'd take him over Vince any day of the week, he's best 22 easily and can only get better.

As I said I don't believe it'll happen but I sure hope Buckley doesn't try a round of fantasy footy come trade week like Voss did.

Id be upset if we traded wellingham as well as i really cant see how collingwood would benifit from that trade, i think the crows would come out the big winners if this happened.

I only thought id post it as it is an interesting scenario and this person has been spot on with his mail about both bock and davis

When Swan was out Wellingham showed that he can play that accumulators role pretty well. I'd be pissed off if we got rid of him for Vince.

When Swan was out Wellingham showed that he can play that accumulators role pretty well. I'd be pissed off if we got rid of him for Vince.

Exactly. Wracked up a lazy 37 touches and is always dangerous in front of goals. Suspect last place Wellers would want to end up at is Adelaide. Can't see the benefit at all.

Where's this wellers trade rubbish coming from?

If you ask Adelaide fans / visit the Adelaide forum who they want from Collingwood for Bernie Vince, they are requesting Wellingham in return.

Fair enough imo, you're not going to get a player of Vince's quality for Cameron Wood.
Both Wellingham and Vince are similar players and 'the proposed trade' is a bit of a lateral move. No need for Collingwood to do it, if Wellingham is settled and happy with his role.

If you ask Adelaide fans / visit the Adelaide forum who they want from Collingwood for Bernie Vince, they are requesting Wellingham in return.

Fair enough imo, you're not going to get a player of Vince's quality for Cameron Wood.
Both Wellingham and Vince are similar players and 'the proposed trade' is a bit of a lateral move. No need for Collingwood to do it, if Wellingham is settled and happy with his role.
Ah so it's fantasy trading rubbish

Fair enough then

Wellingham isnt rated enough for his hardness and courage, all you need to do is look at how many tackles and contestet disposals he gets in games. if we traded him for Vince we will lose big time and they are very different players. Vince is a reciever who is the type of player that when his team is going well so will he. However I can also see the reason why they would look to trade him. He will ask for a massive payrise being a premiership player and having his spot cemented in the 22 in the best side in the AFL. Bernie Vince will not be after alot of money becuase he would want to play in a Premiership and would be much easier to fit in the salary cap then Wellingham. Unless they give us Vince and a first or second rounder for Wellers, the deal should not be done.

Might be looking in case D.Thomas goes to GWS as Vince would be good replacement his not as good as Thomas but with confidence which he and every crow is low on he'll get back to his best. I hope crows hold onto him though. Even Pendalbury could go next year to GWS seems weird signing only a 1 year deal at his age? So any player that might prove to be handy in replacing either as insurance might be good call by Eddie.

Might be looking in case D.Thomas goes to GWS as Vince would be good replacement his not as good as Thomas but with confidence which he and every crow is low on he'll get back to his best. I hope crows hold onto him though. Even Pendalbury could go next year to GWS seems weird signing only a 1 year deal at his age? So any player that might prove to be handy in replacing either as insurance might be good call by Eddie.

We can lose only one player to GWS over the next two years mate, so we cant lose both Pendles and Daisy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bernie Vince?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back