Powell Ballard Rioli
Weller Miller Clohesy
Ainsworth Walter Flanders
Rosas King Long
Witts Rowell Anderson
Noble Graham Humphrey Davies
Swallow

Rogers, Lombard, etc. on the cusp.

Some serious speed and running power in the squad now!

The 3 biggest questions I see are:
1. Andrew forward or back? Our backline looks very good with him there, but his potential up forward is scary. I would like to see more 2 KPF line ups with Long/Humphrey as capable complimentary options to see if we can generate more scores, but that would require less bombing the ball in.
2. Can Rosas Jnr pull his finger out and be the damaging crumber we need. Single handedly changes the lineup if he can and we desperately need it to happen.
3. Who gets midfield time. I’m on record as not liking the Anderson/Rowell/Miller trio the way they all played this year, but they are our best 3. Graham and Davies both provide a defensive wall for the others to focus on ball winning which makes us look better. I’m backing Bear szn 2025. Does Flanders play purely as a floating half forward going where he pleases? Do we see a surprise Powell/Weller addition to add some x-factor and speed? Davies lack of versatility probably hurts him out of all of them, especially with Rowell a similar 90% centre square player already.

Uwland Collins Andrew
Powell Ballard Rioli
Weller Miller Clohesy
Ainsworth Walter Flanders
Rosas King Long
Witts Rowell Anderson
Noble Graham Humphrey Davies
Swallow

Rogers, Lombard, etc. on the cusp.

Some serious speed and running power in the squad now!

The 3 biggest questions I see are:
1. Andrew forward or back? Our backline looks very good with him there, but his potential up forward is scary. I would like to see more 2 KPF line ups with Long/Humphrey as capable complimentary options to see if we can generate more scores, but that would require less bombing the ball in.
2. Can Rosas Jnr pull his finger out and be the damaging crumber we need. Single handedly changes the lineup if he can and we desperately need it to happen.
3. Who gets midfield time. I’m on record as not liking the Anderson/Rowell/Miller trio the way they all played this year, but they are our best 3. Graham and Davies both provide a defensive wall for the others to focus on ball winning which makes us look better. I’m backing Bear szn 2025. Does Flanders play purely as a floating half forward going where he pleases? Do we see a surprise Powell/Weller addition to add some x-factor and speed? Davies lack of versatility probably hurts him out of all of them, especially with Rowell a similar 90% centre square player already.
Agree with everything. Just think that Davies actually can play forward too and can mark. It's more Rowell who needs to expand his skillset. I think he can. When he has time, he has actually a good kick.

Dimma, just rotate more guys through middle. And kick Grigg's ass as a midfielder coach or mix up the coaches.

Wishlist for 2025:
1. Finals
2. Clean run for Powell, Weller and Miller. Feel like the last 2 years pre-seasons and seasons have halted these three and seeing them firing again would be all time.
3. Humpa to take the next step.
4. Mac to keep on rising.
5. At least 1 game where it all comes together for Jed.
6. Chucky to regain some 2023 form.

That's not too much to ask, is it?
Nice list, I have kept it simple

Win the flag 😉

B- J.Noble S.Collins J.Jeffery
HB- D.Rioli C.Ballard W.Powell
C- S.Closehy M.Rowell L.Weller
HF- B.Humphrey M.Andrew S.Flanders
F- J.Jeffery B.King B.Ainsworth
FOLL- J.Witts N.Anderson T.Miller
I/C- A.Davies, J.Walter, B.Long, C.Budarick, W.Graham

Don’t mind it, you do have Jeffrey in the fwd and back pockets though.

I think the runner up in the B&F will get a start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best 23 in 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back