Best Aboriginal players in Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Bill Neely an absolute gun. He played at Yarrawonga then he went up to Canberra for a few years . Played the last few years in the SANFL. I think he might be running around in Canberra again.

i know i originally posted players outside the afl but djaran whyman (kangaroo rookie) would be in the top three, when in form not many koories can have an impact on a game like he can. possum clarke goes alright, if fit normie harrison would be by far the best aboriginal fullback. and if fit billie harris would be the best aboriginal rover in vic.

i will check my sources on them blokes but i have seen djaran play for nth ballarat the boy is a little lazy but an out and out freak when firing kicks some magic goals and i only mentioned players in local or country djaran tore the vfl up so clearly be in top 3

djars could be lazy sometimes but he is a natural freak can win game off own boot.

another one comes to mind is aaron clarke who is playing at north ballarat atm

nesko_25 said:
he's not an aboriginal I think he's an islander but David Fevaleaki is a gun. Came runner up in the TAC cup b and f 2 years ago and last year won the bendigo bomber 2s b and f after only playin a handful of game before headin up 2 the 1s. His Vic country coach said he's the quickest player he's ever seen. Just a freak

I'm not sure if you've seen him lately.....looks anything but quick!

carntheblue&whitehoops said:
any thoughts on leighthan briggs and brad firebrace?????

Briggs is a very dangerous onballer who regularly goes forward and kicks 3-4 goals before you know it. When given a free reign can amass big stats and rarely turns it over - we (Yea) used to be rapt to keep him to around 15 touches.

Firebrace is a freak, can fly high, collect his own crumbs and then slot thru the unthinkable goal. For a smaller sized forward has a great leap and is surprisingly strong mark on the lead. Saw him take one of the best marks ever at Rumba last year over one of my boys (Peter Kiss). We were big on getting numbers to his contest because we always felt his defensive side wasn't great when we could force a turnover.

Doona2 said:
Briggs is a very dangerous onballer who regularly goes forward and kicks 3-4 goals before you know it. When given a free reign can amass big stats and rarely turns it over - we (Yea) used to be rapt to keep him to around 15 touches.

Firebrace is a freak, can fly high, collect his own crumbs and then slot thru the unthinkable goal. For a smaller sized forward has a great leap and is surprisingly strong mark on the lead. Saw him take one of the best marks ever at Rumba last year over one of my boys (Peter Kiss). We were big on getting numbers to his contest because we always felt his defensive side wasn't great when we could force a turnover.
Took that mark right in front of me. would have won almost football legends easy.

sean charles playes for lalbert in the CMFL still racks up his 30 to 40 kicks a game freak player every teams nightmare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cant say that i have herd of him, must go alright though if he won that title last year. will have to keep an eye out for him.
xlr8ator_11 said:
Any thoughts on Benalla on baller Rowan Priest? I think he was the GVFLs rising star last year?

xlr8ator_11 said:
Any thoughts on Benalla on baller Rowan Priest? I think he was the GVFLs rising star last year?

Have not seen rowen play yet, but I have watched Farren Priest play footy( Indigenous U/16 side), very talented youngster. Along with Jarrod Harbrow (Mooroopna) and Rex Taylor (Rumbalara), the three most talented indigenous U/18's in the Goulburn Valley at the moment.

david cracker nelson who i seen play plenty of footy dominated a grand final from a losing team best game i have seen 1 player play in all the years i watched dvfl cracker had the ball on a string kicked 7 goals had numerous opponets and soundly beat them all

Forgot to mention,

Daryll "Cuz" Thomas, currently playing at Doveton in the MPNFL.
Has played STINGRAYS, SANFL, WAFL, NTFL, VFL.
Hard at it with brilliant evasive skills.
Was named best player overall in the National Aboriginal carnival a few years back. He's "deadly".

fredbear said:
Forgot to mention,

Daryll "Cuz" Thomas, currently playing at Doveton in the MPNFL.
Has played STINGRAYS, SANFL, WAFL, NTFL, VFL.
Hard at it with brilliant evasive skills.
Was named best player overall in the National Aboriginal carnival a few years back. He's "deadly".

Thomo is a champ, is David George still playing down there do u no...?

xlr8ator_11 said:
kid is a gun, won benalla's b&f last year. Quality player for the murray busharangers but was over looked im geussing only due to his height, but has shown his is an excaptional player in the gvfl. His younger brother farren is one to watch, only 15 but got a bit of size about him and is playin consistantly well in gv 3rds.

FOOZ said:
sean charles playes for lalbert in the CMFL still racks up his 30 to 40 kicks a game freak player every teams nightmare.

I would tend to agree there. Charlesy has been there and done it all. Played AFL for various clubs and still makes the impossible look ridiculously easy. Absolute freak of a player with silky skills and a bloody good bloke to talk to.

I doubt there is a better player anywhere in country vic, white or black, when he is on song.....

carntheblue&whitehoops said:
any thoughts on who are the best aboriginal footballers in victoria getting around outside the afl at the moment?

wilfred carter and gary jones spring to mind. mungarra brown won the medal in the tac cup, darren turner almost gicket 100 goals in the kdlf.

Benny Parker, playing at Nullawil in the Golden Rivers footy league. Getting on a bit now, was on the Crows rookie list 97 & 98. absolute gun. Can do anything, goes all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Aboriginal players in Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back