NFL Best Active Player in the NFL Right Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Best Active Player in the NFL - Right Now

All on schedule... Hasn;t done too much, but been practicing some starting position jumps and walkthroughs. I'm confident atm...
Oh. If his knee isnt perfect by the beginning of the season, you can always play him as a linbacker

IMO the Giants have the best DE's:cool: but with the rankings on Madden, the Pats have the best D-Line:mad:. How can EA Sports have screwed up so bad.:confused:

I haven't checked this but really, the Pats have the best D-line? I'm guessing that's all to do with the fact they only have 3, and they are "well-known" in Seymour, Wilfork and Warren. I agree, the Giants have the best D-line in the NFL, Tennessee are also pretty good (they both have 4 D-line men). I'll give the best player at each position to have been active over the past year a whirl.

QB - P. Manning
RB - A. Peterson
WR - A. Johnson, L. Fitzgerald (I can't split them)
TE - J. Witten

DT - A. Haynesworth
DE - M. Williams
OLB - J. Harrison
ILB - P. Willis
CB - A. Samuel (though he got a creaming in the playoff game against Larry Fitz)
S - E. Reed

I want to know who would be the star Left Tackle? Its the second highest paid position on a team (after the QB), and it gets so much attention in the media but theres a group of blind side protectors that are elite, who's the best?

somebody needs to reinforce the awesome effort that is winning three NFL MVP awards (manning and favre). and this year manning did it without a hint of a running game being present within the colts team, so his play-actions were near useless.

p.s: i heart fitzgerald

FTR, Favre got his MVPs without a running game, great receivers or rules changed to help the passing game...:D

Just on the QB thing . . . and I won't remind people who passed for 5,000yds with most of his skill support limited by injuries . . . but Warner currently has the 2nd highest QB rating ever for the post-season.

IF that is still the case after this week then I think he probably deserves consideration for the QB position.

Just on the QB thing . . . and I won't remind people who passed for 5,000yds with most of his skill support limited by injuries . . . but Warner currently has the 2nd highest QB rating ever for the post-season.

IF that is still the case after this week then I think he probably deserves consideration for the QB position.
And IMO New Orleans does not have a star WR. Which is what catapults him to #1 for me, i forgot about him, when I was saying best in each position

I haven't checked this but really, the Pats have the best D-line? I'm guessing that's all to do with the fact they only have 3, and they are "well-known" in Seymour, Wilfork and Warren. I agree, the Giants have the best D-line in the NFL, Tennessee are also pretty good (they both have 4 D-line men). I'll give the best player at each position to have been active over the past year a whirl.

QB - P. Manning
RB - A. Peterson
WR - A. Johnson, L. Fitzgerald (I can't split them)
TE - J. Witten

DT - A. Haynesworth
DE - M. Williams
OLB - J. Harrison
ILB - P. Willis
CB - A. Samuel (though he got a creaming in the playoff game against Larry Fitz)
S - E. Reed

I want to know who would be the star Left Tackle? Its the second highest paid position on a team (after the QB), and it gets so much attention in the media but theres a group of blind side protectors that are elite, who's the best?

QB- Drew Brees
Brees was stunning this season, it is as simple as that. To post the numbers that he did without a strong or persistent wide recieving corps was amazing to watch. Put some talent around him and a playoff birth and he'd have romped home League MVP. Manning was inspirational in the sense that he all- but single handedly lifted his side into the post- season after early struggles (team and personally), but in terms of consistent outstanding performance over the course of the last year in the position, noone comes near Brees.

QB- Drew Brees
Brees was stunning this season, it is as simple as that. To post the numbers that he did without a strong or persistent wide recieving corps was amazing to watch. Put some talent around him and a playoff birth and he'd have romped home League MVP. Manning was inspirational in the sense that he all- but single handedly lifted his side into the post- season after early struggles (team and personally), but in terms of consistent outstanding performance over the course of the last year in the position, noone comes near Brees.

I think you could make an argument for Brees, Warner and Manning and I would not disagree with you necessarily. All these three have claims to have been the best QB over the season, but then you could also add Rivers who in my mind had no running game and still posted as good numbers as anyone else in the league could also be argued as the best QB this year. I rated Rivers season above that of Brett Favre and Jay Cutler, yet Rivers was not selected to the Pro-Bowl and this shows how stupid the voting system is. My case for Manning was simply that he did as you said single handedly win games, and overcome no running game and no defence.

Brees may have an arguement this year, but its hard to look past Mannings body of work.

I know the topic is right now, so im not going to use his history to justify it, but the fact that hes the reigning MVP means he hasnt really dropped off. Hes been exceptional year in year out, and if i had to put a bet on one blue chipper to do it again next year, its peyton.

I have not commented in this thread but as much as i hate to agree with eagles fans :p STO is right with the above comment. Peyton clearly for me.

Brees may have an arguement this year, but its hard to look past Mannings body of work.

I know the topic is right now, so im not going to use his history to justify it, but the fact that hes the reigning MVP means he hasnt really dropped off. Hes been exceptional year in year out, and if i had to put a bet on one blue chipper to do it again next year, its peyton.

While not necessarily disagreeing with the comments on Peyton, if you compare his body of work over the past 3 seasons vs Brees, I think you'll find there really isn't much difference.

When you also consider the WR, TE & OL talent the Colts have vs the Saints, I think it's pretty clear who the most valuable is.

While not necessarily disagreeing with the comments on Peyton, if you compare his body of work over the past 3 seasons vs Brees, I think you'll find there really isn't much difference.

When you also consider the WR, TE & OL talent the Colts have vs the Saints, I think it's pretty clear who the most valuable is.

The Saints have offensive talent, im not sure i really buy that.

As far as there not being much difference, in which case ill take the QB that leads his team to wins. Peyton is the only reason the Colts won any games this year, very few would disagree with it. They dont really compare portfolios btw... three mvps and a superbowl mvp vs? One playoff win?

Im confident the Saints would win with Peyton behind centre. Im not so certain that the Colts would be a good team with anyone but Manning starting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Saints have offensive talent, im not sure i really buy that.

As far as there not being much difference, in which case ill take the QB that leads his team to wins. Peyton is the only reason the Colts won any games this year, very few would disagree with it. They dont really compare portfolios btw... three mvps and a superbowl mvp vs? One playoff win?

Im confident the Saints would win with Peyton behind centre. Im not so certain that the Colts would be a good team with anyone but Manning starting.

The perceived problem with the Saints is their defence. The offence is good at the moment, but once they get their pieces fit Colston, Devery Henderson, Bush, Shockey back they have the capability to be as explosive as the Pats of 07, I wouldn't put it past Brees to break records this season. Are we taking into account the fact that Peyton took his team to the playoffs but for all Brees' play through this year and his numbers, the Saints still struggled and did not. Are the problems comparable on defence, offence, maybe not but these QBs play at a level that we should just admire it for what it is. Just one question now, did the Chargers do the right thing letting Brees go after drafting Rivers and would the Chargers have won a SB already had Brees still been there. I think that with the talent that the Chargers had, they could have gone to the SB a few years ago had Brees been at the helm.

See, the thing for me with the Colts is...

I dont think theyve got a particularly good defense or running game. Nobody is carrying that Peyton, theyd be nothing without Peyton. He does everything, from call the plays, to create opportunities through simple things like looking off the intended reciever.

Manning IS the Colts.

Especially this season when he led a ridiculous amount of game winning drives.

My problem with Brees, and its my sole criticism of him, is im not so certain hes Mr reliable when you need to drive the field and score in the fourth.

My problem with Brees, and its my sole criticism of him, is im not so certain hes Mr reliable when you need to drive the field and score in the fourth.

FWIW, this season Brees was statistically at his worst in 1st quarters.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Best Active Player in the NFL Right Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back