Best and Worst grounds in the VAFA

Remove this Banner Ad

bendigo said:
Froggie! Didn't realise you were a Bernies boy! Bit jealous of the wonderful club down at Uni? When was the last time you beat Uni Blues? Of course Uni Blues is a s..t club, that's why two Bernards players went down there this year.

Of course you blokes would embrace Boomer he played a big part in your flag having found that tree to hide under and go missing in the middle of EP. Radar struggled to hold down a place in the ones at the best of times.

what do u blokes think of eltham college ground knew club and all great ground bit big the ground around the back in the school is pretty good perfect size both good to play cricket on

melbdocker said:
what do u blokes think of eltham college ground knew club and all great ground bit big the ground around the back in the school is pretty good perfect size both good to play cricket on

I think you were trying to say that Eltham College's ground is good??? If so, I agree.
As far as bad grounds go you've got to include Old Brighton in the list. Too much sand, wind and fake tan for my liking. Good tarts though....

Grounds played at:
Best,
Bulleen Cobras
Richmond Centrals (See why St Kevins wanted it)
Eltham (except for the pictch in the middle and the kangaroo :D:D:D:De everywhere)

Worst
Elsternwick (next to the main oval, should be condemned)

On the Run said:
Wow, this coming from a man who thinks he's a B grade celebrity, who uses this forum to push up his own football talents and then comments on things to do with East Keilor Grammar when he did the Judas thing and went to Collegians.

BTW East Keilor Grammar = PEGS (just for future reference)

What is it with blokes from St Bernards and massive chips on their shoulders?

Remove the shrink wrap boys!

On the Run said:
Wow, this coming from a man who thinks he's a B grade celebrity, who uses this forum to push up his own football talents and then comments on things to do with East Keilor Grammar when he did the Judas thing and went to Collegians.

BTW East Keilor Grammar = PEGS (just for future reference)

Funnily enough I went to school there, might know a thing or 2 about it.

Find me a post where I've pushed my own ability up and re-post it for everybody's reference.

Stick to your small little world OTR

Slay Master G said:
Funnily enough I went to school there, might know a thing or 2 about it.

Find me a post where I've pushed my own ability up and re-post it for everybody's reference.

Stick to your small little world OTR

You don't play football there though.

Sorry, i should refer to the ability of the oc, thought u were the same person. Where did that thread about where you should play football this year go?

With Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

justin timberlake said:
Thats being very generous when you a calibre of pople represented by such characters as the ryan brothers.

Very, very ordinary people

How are you snake?

Before you start potting people, please use proper grammar.

If you're going to start putting people's names down and start bagging them, why don't you put your name on and see how we go.

We could start a new thread about ordinary blokes at OEG.

Regards

On the Run said:
You don't play football there though.

Sorry, i should refer to the ability of the oc, thought u were the same person. Where did that thread about where you should play football this year go?

With Thanks

He didn't even start that thread drop kick.

Get your facts straight or :D:D:D:D off.

On the Run said:
Before you start potting people, please use proper grammar.

If you're going to start putting people's names down and start bagging them, why don't you put your name on and see how we go.

We could start a new thread about ordinary blokes at OEG.

Regards

Is this the 2nd time you have asked someone to reveal their identity???

I don't see you rushing to come clean about yourself.

You just don't understand what this forum is about.

It was started long before you logged on, so stay in the same spirit or find another forum.

On the Run said:
Please tell me when i said that he did start it.

"Originally Posted by On the Run
Wow, this coming from a man who thinks he's a B grade celebrity, who uses this forum to push up his own football talents and then comments on things to do with East Keilor Grammar when he did the Judas thing and went to Collegians."

When SMG asked when he had pushed up his football ability on BF you came back with the thread about where he should play this year clearly implying that he started it or had something to do with it.

The Big Pineapple said:
Is this the 2nd time you have asked someone to reveal their identity???

I don't see you rushing to come clean about yourself.

You just don't understand what this forum is about.

It was started long before you logged on, so stay in the same spirit or find another forum.

Wrong again Fruit.

I don't name people like your friend justin.

When did u become king of big footy. You mainly post about your weekends and such, so why don't you go and find another forum.

Many Thanks

The Big Pineapple said:
"Originally Posted by On the Run
Wow, this coming from a man who thinks he's a B grade celebrity, who uses this forum to push up his own football talents and then comments on things to do with East Keilor Grammar when he did the Judas thing and went to Collegians."

When SMG asked when he had pushed up his football ability on BF you came back with the thread about where he should play this year clearly implying that he started it or had something to do with it.

What, he didn't reply anything on the thread, rubbish.

greentree said:
Mentone/ StBedes Played there in late 80s one of my boots is still buried in the mud. After we came off the ground to the nice cold showers and washed all the mud off it looked like our legs had been attacked by a bunch of starving lions.
Nice blend of gravel, glass, shells, dirt oh and a size 9.5 footy boot.

going back a way there greentree...must have been in Southern League days...ground has been redrained and resurfaced since then and considering the massive amount of footy played on each week, the surface has held up well...remember it is a council ground not a college oval...most weeks there are a games on a Wednesday, Saturday/Sunday and training every night by Monday...sure we'd love to be able to make the ground wider...length wise it is a metre or two under the suburban average (council based survey)....but it is not practical to make it wider....not many visitors rooms are painted/carpeted and a hot shower is not an issue.
As far as grounds go, gee there have been some beauties....Mazenods old ground out near VFL Park was ordinary...had two concrete pitches on it if I remember correctly...Righetti has always been a shocker when wet...Fawkner was right old scare...played them in their 2nd last VAFA appearance...bar had been open all night kid you not but boy could a bloke called Rob Lawson in the ruck play a bit...Preston MBOB was in the same boat...and you reckon Mentone is small...one year Glen Eira played a primary school sized ground...Ivanhoe much the same...Monash is a great size ansd surface but no fun if the wind is blowing there sometimes.

On the Run said:
Wrong again Fruit.

I don't name people like your friend justin.

When did u become king of big footy. You mainly post about your weekends and such, so why don't you go and find another forum.

Many Thanks

Exactly... you miss the whole point of this forum.

It was started in a light hearted manner, so again keep this theme going clown.

bendigo said:
What's the obsession with Old Trinity's ground? It's upside down saucer configuration makes for some terribly muddy wings, and it's right out in the open for the elements to hammer. Not to mention that it's in Bulleen of all suburbs.

Uni Oval for mine, great surface to go with the historic charm of the Melbourne University Colleges overlooking the ground. It's also located in inner-city Parkville, what more could you ask for?

If uni main is so great than why did you leave them this year Bendigo? I've always found it too hard anyway

The Big Pineapple said:
Exactly... you miss the whole point of this forum.

It was started in a light hearted manner, so again keep this theme going clown.

Sorry OTR, grammar wasn't too good upon reflection, not much time between these rehersals for the N*sync re-union and going to the gym to check what i post.

It still doesn't change the fact that the Ryan's are average blokes..... very average

...and yes, OTR, you are a clown

Eltham Colleges ground is visually one of the best ive seen. Never played on it ( apart from junior cricket) but with the new Club rooms, it has to be one of the best in the VAFA.
Old Geelongs ground is a lovely spot with a bit of character and Ivanhoe assumptions ground in the christmas lights street is quaint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best and Worst grounds in the VAFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back