Best Bass earphones/headphones?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm looking for a set of headphones/earphones that give the best bass quality (as in makes the most rumbling).

My budget is around $60... but i could go over depending on their value.

That's a very low budget for headphones but should be able to get yourself some decent earphones for that price. I had some Sennheiser in-ear ones which would be perfect for your bass requirements. Because they seal your ear the bass is created in your ear canal and can be quite significant if you get the right fit. Do some research and check out eBay as well.

If you want headphones check this site out http://headphones.com.au/

yeah i agree with Sennheiser brands as they're known for their headphones.

look for the CX models which are earphones in your price range, they're the best going around.

You cannot get good bass in earbuds, only in headphones. You say best bass? You will need to spend $300+ to get the best bass and reference quality audio. As others have said, Sennheiser are very good. I have a set of Beyer-Dynamic's which are brilliant. Yamaha are also on par with these two brands.

That said, you won't know "best bass" until you have listened to a professional pair of headphones. So if you can find any of these brands within your budget, you should be happy.

Is there such thing as noise canceling earphones, or is the noise canceling only restricted to headphones?

I did a quick google to no avail.

Is there such thing as noise canceling earphones, or is the noise canceling only restricted to headphones?

I did a quick google to no avail.

Yep there is noise cancelling earphones but I have never had the chance to try them out. They contain a small microphone which listens to the soundwaves around the listener and generates an antiwave to reduce all the unwanted noise. Fairly sure these earphones would need a little battery case to power them though.

When the CX300's you bought off eBay arrive, before opening, check that on the packaging (either on the back or on the bottom) that there is a small label with a Batch Number on it........ most Sennheiser's on eBay are fake.... and the lack of a Batch Number label is the first sign.

wow... i just tested the earphones and they are shit quality.

i then checked the batch number... yep none there. i got ****ed. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

wow... i just tested the earphones and they are shit quality.

i then checked the batch number... yep none there. i got ****ed. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Man, that's bad luck. Megalomaniac was a bit late to the party.

I did some more googling of noise canceling earphones and you're right - they do need a battery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep that's exactly what i did.

here's what i sent:
I have used the earphones on the mp3 player, computer, mobile phone and the quality doesn't match the description stated. I have compared it with the other ear phones I have, and the ones sent don't give a "powerful, bass-driven stereo sound" at all. I have already given feedback so would like either a refund or be replaced with another one... in fact i would say that these earphones are fake. I hope we can resolve this easily. Please let me know what you can offer and arrange. Thanks for the fast shipment.

just gotta wait for a reply.

i'm looking for best price/performance... but i'm really into bass and hear that the CX series are the best going around for iphones.

i'm looking for best price/performance... but i'm really into bass and hear that the CX series are the best going around for iphones.

If you're after something for your iphone, you may want to look at the MM50 from Senheisser. They are pretty much the CX300 but also have a mic and call button which can be used to skip back and forth songs on the iphone. They retail for about $119 now as the price has gone up since i got them at $99.95 at launch.

Very Bassy but you won't get the clarity in the highs at all. For highs you would probably go for Ultimate Ears which of course are more pricy.

But it seems you want your bass so these will do you fine!

Are you sure you have put these phones in your ears properly? You really have to make sure they are snugly up against your ear canal. Otherwise they will sound like crap.

Yeah I thought I had been dudded when I first used mine. They sounds really shit unless you get a nice snug fit in the ear canal.

I wish I knew which brand my earphones I'm currently using are. They came free with my XPS Dell laptap but don't have any brand markings. Anyway my point is they are better than the Sennheiser's that I had purchased. Great bass but still manage to give enough in the high's department.

JB have been selling the Sennheiser PX-200's for $79 (which is $40 off).... they might be more your go.

Not a fan of this particular model..It lacks bass compared to the PX-100 which are a much more satisfying portable headphone IMO.

Not a fan of this particular model..It lacks bass compared to the PX-100 which are a much more satisfying portable headphone IMO.
PX-100's going at 95 or there abouts... Picked up a pair about a month ago.

Are you sure you have put these phones in your ears properly? You really have to make sure they are snugly up against your ear canal. Otherwise they will sound like crap.

How far r u meant to put them in?

I put them in so deep that a tiny bump/movement would hurt ur ears. The sound gets better obviously the further in it gets in ur ears but i expected hard bass... but it was just the normal quality white earphones u buy with ipods.

Check out Klipsch earphones. I really like this brand, I have an amazing set of speakers for my computer of theirs and got a quality pair of their earphones on the cheap too. Not sure how renowned this brand is, but they sure do the job :thumbsu:

Check out Klipsch earphones. I really like this brand, I have an amazing set of speakers for my computer of theirs and got a quality pair of their earphones on the cheap too. Not sure how renowned this brand is, but they sure do the job :thumbsu:

Klipsch make great speakers for home theatre and are a well renowned brand in the USA so i'd say that their earphones would match the quality.

How much did these set you back?

Klipsch make great speakers for home theatre and are a well renowned brand in the USA so i'd say that their earphones would match the quality.

How much did these set you back?
I got them here in Europe and it cost me about the equivalent of $60aud. I hadn't previously seen them for under $100 so I pounced when I saw them over here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back