Best choke of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers getting a spoon after talking a big game

I mean, we all know not to listen to coaches and players in pre-season, but the amount of Tigers fans who swore to me black and blue here that Dusty had “his best pre season ever”, as if he somehow was going to be fitter & stronger than ever this year, was insanity. Genuinely the most interesting psychological study of a cult of all time. “Richmond staff said this, it must be true, even if it defies all logic”. Yeah he’s really gonna break out 2017 this year…of ****ing course not. But yet they persisted until it was clear he was both unmotivated & not that fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have thought giving up a 50 odd lead when you’ve won 12ish games in 5 years would rate more of a mention. Or is it just so miserable it’s not funny?
North had a bad day but it was just four points at stake.

GWS should have at least made a prelim, Freo choked for a solid month and dropped a chance at finals.

Think it goes to Port. In red hot form heading into finals. Beat Sydney by 20 goals, Dogs 9 goals, knock out Freo in Perth, storm into top 2 and then lose a home final by 14 goals.

GWS bottling 4 and 7 goal leads in finals is as bad as we've seen though in finals. Carlton 2nd and then remembered they are Carlton aso worth a mention.

I mean, we all know not to listen to coaches and players in pre-season, but the amount of Tigers fans who swore to me black and blue here that Dusty had “his best pre season ever”, as if he somehow was going to be fitter & stronger than ever this year, was insanity. Genuinely the most interesting psychological study of a cult of all time. “Richmond staff said this, it must be true, even if it defies all logic”. Yeah he’s really gonna break out 2017 this year…of ****ing course not. But yet they persisted until it was clear he was both unmotivated & not that fit.

Dusty said at the end of 2016 that we’d win the flag in 2017.

Gale said in 2010 that RFC would win 3 flags and have 75k+ members by 2020.

Richmond have been very good with their predictions on the whole

Baggers are the moral premiers of 2024.
Played the best “peak” footy of 2024.

We’re injury riddled coming in to finals.
With a better injury list would have beaten Brisbane and become eventual premiers.
Played the bottom 3 5x.
Scraped in on %.
Couldn’t even beat the Pies all year.
Most overhyped team for the past 3 years now.
Not really that good.

But full of excuses.

Remember when Carlton fans were telling us about how big a loss players like Martin, Marchbank and Cunningham were during the season? Yeah, the kind of players they delist.

Think it goes to Port. In red hot form heading into finals. Beat Sydney by 20 goals, Dogs 9 goals, knock out Freo in Perth, storm into top 2 and then lose a home final by 14 goals.
This is absolutely classic Port tho. Were they even favorites in their home final?

Swans have to be the biggest chokers.
Absolutely destroyed in another GF.

Game was over in the 2nd quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best choke of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back