Best football school in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Long JOhn said:
I reckon the Parade Team will give them a run for their money this year
the parade 2003 team was good as... all soft though, no 1 even got onto the footy field without getting injured

also how bout that aboriginal footy school in western australia. they are like all freaks, like every1 has pace like davey and just have rare skills

tr44 said:
would have to agree with football_king's comments there, aps won last years game quite convincingly therefore aps is the better football competition

No it doesn't it just means more individual freaks and that most of the APS schools are running scholarship programs so that makes it fair, where as there are a lot less scholarships in AGSV.

Haileybury are the best APS team by a long way and they should win every game
So far they have beaten every team very easy (ave winning margin is 77points) and if they can kick straight they will win by more
They work well together and share the ball around
There should be a few to go on and play in the AFL
If you get the chance to see this great team in action make sure you do so when they talk about the best team of all time in the APS you can say you watched them play

blueboys1 said:
Haileybury are the best APS team by a long way and they should win every game
So far they have beaten every team very easy (ave winning margin is 77points) and if they can kick straight they will win by more
They work well together and share the ball around
There should be a few to go on and play in the AFL
If you get the chance to see this great team in action make sure you do so when they talk about the best team of all time in the APS you can say you watched them play
However they do not produce players that go on at AFL level. Can only think of Raso and he is yet to succeed. Most other APS teams have had more success at player development.Hailebury has had 3 very good years but other schools around Australia have been good for decades.

APS vs AGSV comp game is a load of :D:D:D:D. i know for a fact that half the players that play in the game couldnt care at all. It is impossible to compare the two comps unless all the teams played of which aint gunna happen so can u d1ckheads from both comps who try to say which is better just stfu about whos it and leave it upto the shield to decide which is the best school football side in victoria

axer said:
APS vs AGSV comp game is a load of :D:D:D:D. i know for a fact that half the players that play in the game couldnt care at all. It is impossible to compare the two comps unless all the teams played of which aint gunna happen so can u d1ckheads from both comps who try to say which is better just stfu about whos it and leave it upto the shield to decide which is the best school football side in victoria

WHAT THE HELL YOU ON ABOUT. I no for a fact coming from an APS school that the players who play at our school give 100%, they stop trying after the first haf maybe cause the margin that APS lead by is already 100 points. APS is a much much mcuh better competition im not being biased they are the facts. As should be expected as of all the scholarships we give out.
END OF DISCUSSION. I would rather watch beaumoris under 10's V Broady U/9 than an AGS match. APS kill it in every football department. Enough said

I would just to say over the last 5 years and probably in the next 3 or so years to come.. De La Salle College malvern have been a stand out footy school.. i wouldnt say the top skilled side but the best team side in victoria.. we defeated the top teams when it counted.. and especially the first XVIII team of 2002/2003, had pretty much every player belonging to a TAC cup side club but 1 or 2. and the yr 9 & 10 DLS sides in 2006 have both gone underfeated and won each game by an average of 200 points. So big things for DLS in the next year or 2.

I hear Parade are the best team in the hearld sheild this year with a mix of players from the best TAC Team in Victoria (Knights) and Good hard local league players who can't get a game for the knights cause their local comps are so good and the talent in the area is soo good...

TEXAS INSTRUMENTS said:
St. Patrick's College. The team is evidently good last year and this year. Produced many to go on and play AFL. Boasts 14 TAC Cup players this year. Has a fantastic ground from what i've heard and seen first hand. Excellent football facilities and game review technology. Best football school in Australia is a hard question to answer without any real criteria but judging on players, success, facilicies, drafts, coaching and reputation St Pat's are certainly front runners.

Pity they were beaten again by the boys from Ballarat and Clarendon College in the Grand Final yesterday

I see your last repsonse Texas was scrubbed from the board.

Although I would not say BCC is the best football school in Australia it certainly means St Pats in 2006 is a long way away from this title.

Both schools have very good programmes, and a very good football culture, but currently once would have to say on results BCC is ahead, given that they have won the GF for the last two years and beaten St Pats 4 out of the last 5 occasions.

Braggging rights change year by year however. My old school has until May next year to claim ot be the best school in Ballarat. The schools will then battle it our again.

mudgeathon said:
Are we talking about at the moment? or the school's history?
If it's the latter I don't think any school could compare to Xavier College, has had over 100 AFL/VFL play for them. However at the moment it would either be IMO Haileybury or Sacred Heart.

Agreeded has to be Xavier they have the strongest history havent done much since there last premiership but we back up there in the next 2 years stonger than ever,

Haileybury are all $$$ nothing else, they shouldent be counted in this thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was an article in the newspaper here a few years ago about the most current afl players coming from all the schools across australia. sorry to spoil the party vics but the two equal top schools were sacred heart (SA) and wesley college (WA). in perths competition (PSA) sport scholarships are strictly forbidden so this is quite an effort. however i dont know the current statistics and nor would i ever say that wesley (my school) is the best football school in australia (frankly we suck really for the amount of afl players weve produced). Anyway these are the current players from wesley:

Ben Cousins
Michael Gardiner
Andrew McDougall
Jarrad Schofield
Buddy Franklin
Scott Stevens
Phil Read
Mark Coughlan

other players i know of in recent years now delisted are ricky mott and andrew mccarrey (doing well in the WAFL atm). also david myers, in his last year currently, won the ron barassi medal for the best player in the australia vs ireland series a few months ago, so there will be another one next year.

Best at present - Scotch College

Lost 1 game the whole year, and joint premiers. Shown to be, on the whole, the best team in the APS.

chooker said:
Best at present - Scotch College

Lost 1 game the whole year, and joint premiers. Shown to be, on the whole, the best team in the APS.
\Stop kidding Chooker. If some of us had of been a bit better on our opponents we could have said that. In the end they were killing us. We had our chances.

Sacred heart SA:
sam elliott
john hinge
brad sugars
tom redden
jason porplyzia
matthew pavlich
jack juniper
danny meyer
phil raymond
kane cornes
chad cornes
aaron shattock
nick fosdike
josh willoughby
nick smith
jared rivers
adam hartlett

i have a feeling theres more but cant think off the top of my head. the last 3 years of shc has seen 11 drafted by national or rookie or preseason. this has also resulted in the team losing 3 games in 5 years

Flying Joey said:
Sacred heart SA:
sam elliott
john hinge
brad sugars
tom redden
jason porplyzia
matthew pavlich
jack juniper
danny meyer
phil raymond
kane cornes
chad cornes
aaron shattock
nick fosdike
josh willoughby
nick smith
jared rivers
adam hartlett

i have a feeling theres more but cant think off the top of my head. the last 3 years of shc has seen 11 drafted by national or rookie or preseason. this has also resulted in the team losing 3 games in 5 years

And thats why sacreds are the best team in Australia. The Year they had Meyer, Willoughby (as yr 12) etc. they were unbelievable. Rumoured to be beatable this year though. We gave em' a contest for 3/4 only to have 9 kicked against us in the last. That's mroe then respectable against Sacred's.

blueboys1 said:
Best at present - Haileybury
Let's be realistic, the best football school in this case is certainally no the best football side. Tom Hawkins and Xavier Ellis have just been produced from MGS. These boys, regardless of what you think as individuals, are regarded by the football community, on a whole, as being awsome footballers. They were produced by Melbourne Grammar making it the best football school AT PRESENT!

Powers manager said:
Let's be realistic, the best football school in this case is certainally no the best football side. Tom Hawkins and Xavier Ellis have just been produced from MGS. These boys, regardless of what you think as individuals, are regarded by the football community, on a whole, as being awsome footballers. They were produced by Melbourne Grammar making it the best football school AT PRESENT!
Let's be realistic.
You're a moron.

Ellis and Hawkins do not constitute a whole school hence MGS aren't the best football school in Australia.

chooker said:
Let's be realistic.
You're a moron.

Ellis and Hawkins do not constitute a whole school hence MGS aren't the best football school in Australia.

Chooker. Please familiarise yourself with the warnings threads and do not call others morons.

St. Joseph's Geelong would have to be up there. Last year had 2 of the top 21 draft picks ( higgins and stanley). Have also had many other afl players come from the school. Off the top of my head there's: Stanley, Higgins, Sheringham (rookie), Bartel, Reynolds, Maxwell, Ling, Scarlett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best football school in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back