best kicks on opposite foot

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone see that Chad Cornes goal against West Coast in round 15? He got a contested ball inside 50 after a bounce, and banana'ed it through for a goal. It was miraculous. But it also showed how bad he is on his left foot. Most right footers would have kicked left footed then. Even Scott Lucas probably would have if you had made a mirror image of that contest, Lucas being a left footer.

Face it, Chad Cornes is the worst non preferred foot kick in the AFL and I have and probably never will see him kick on his left.

Sam Mitchell is a better kick on his non-preferred left peg than his right. Kind of like Tredrea was/is.

It's bizarre.

who do you think would be up there as the best?

i think that for the 90s and early 00s Leon Cameron was the best on his opposite foot by far!!
what other names come to mind??

Yeah easily Leon

Well...the same can be said for Hodge and Lucas. I've only seen one opposite foot kick from Hodge and he looked like a 12 year old girl. Lucas I don't know if I've ever seen one...he just flat out refuses to do it.

Watch Hodge against your mob at Aurora earlier in the year. Right foot goal from the pocket. Tell me he kicks like a 12 year old girl then.

Watch Hodge against your mob at Aurora earlier in the year. Right foot goal from the pocket. Tell me he kicks like a 12 year old girl then.

god damn it you just beat me to it! lol.

He kicked another on his right, but wasnt as deep into the pocket.

For a bloke standing 194cm Tredrea is a freak on his opposite side. Long raking accurate left foot boomers, 50-55m easy.

Given how poxy his set shots can be at times on his natural foot, I've often wondered why he doesn't fire up the other peg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

best kicks on opposite foot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back