Best list of kids?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'd say Melbourne.

Hawks have a lot of low draft picks but that doesn't mean they're great players.

WB have two or three extremely talented youngsters but unless you want to include 22+ players that's where it ends.

Port have a large number of good kids, as do Brisbane, but I question whether they'll actually end up becoming stars rather than just good players.

Collingwood do have some good young kids no doubt and would probably be second on the list.

Other than Stanton and Monfries I don't rate Essendon's kids at present.

Richmond have Deledio, Raines, Thursfieldand Polo. Very good young players even if I doubt Deledio is going to turn into Judd anytime soon.

A real rating of Carlton's youngsters is practically impossible at this point given the complete lack of support they get from senior players.

Melbourne have Slyvia, McLean, Dunn, Bate, Bartram, Jones and Rivers. Not a bad young group.

The Dees have a great bunch of blokes 23 and under:
Established(or close to):
Rivers, Davey, Miller, Sylvia, Bell, McLean, Johnson, Moloney, Jamar.

Debutants this year:
Bate, Dunn, Batram, Jones, Warnock

Also pretty excited about Newton and P Johnson when he comes back from injury.

Dockers 23 and under...

Mundy
Murphy
Sandilands
Dodd
Polak
Crowley
Peake
Johnson
Thornton
Drum
Schammer
Duffield
Webster
Gilmore

All of which are in our best 25 or so players except Polak who is currently out of favour, and probably Gilmore, despite him playing well lately.

Most of our quality players are 24 or 25 though which is still reasonably young like Pavlich, Hayden, McPharlin, Headland, Longmuir, Hasleby and Haddrill if he could ever stay fit.

Port Adelaide squad aged 23 years or under

Burgoyne, Shaun *
Carlile, Alipate
Cassisi, Domenic *
Chaplin, Troy *
Cornes, Kane *
Deluca, Fabian
Ebert, Brett *
Eckermann, Ben
Ezard, James
Logan, Thomas
Lonie, Nathan *
Pearce, Danyle *
Pettigrew, Michael *
Salopek, Steven *
Surjan, Jacob *
Symes, Brad *
Thomas, Matt *
Thomson, Adam *
Ware, Elijah
White, Damon *

Out of the 21 players named above the players with a * would be in our starting 22

Rookies list : Yet to play a game
Looby, Tim
Lower, Nick
Rischbieth, Thomas
Giles, Jonathan
Bentley, Greg
Minson, Hugh
Willits, Ryan

lihei said:
Another stupid, inane poll where a supporter puts up a poll knowing that his/her club will come out on top.

Keep this crap to the Melbourne board :thumbsdown:

It's a fair poll I would have thought. Why would Melbopurne be a sure thing to win this anyway?

Just becasue we do have the best youngsters, and are winning the poll - doesn't make it a foregone conclusion. By your rationale we shouldn't have a polls board at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rick James said:
It's a fair poll I would have thought. Why would Melbopurne be a sure thing to win this anyway?

Just becasue we do have the best youngsters, and are winning the poll - doesn't make it a foregone conclusion. By your rationale we shouldn't have a polls board at all.
Because M-O-R-O-N, every damn supporter who puts up these polls do so in order to justify their team/stance??

lihei said:
Because M-O-R-O-N, every damn supporter who puts up these polls do so in order to justify their team/stance??

Was that a question or an answer? You're a confusing poster, I'm not sure if you're actually ******ed, ro just really dumb. Anyway, the point is, it's not like it's clearly Melbourne who have the best young kids, it's a valid poll. I think you're just being a grumpy gus.

Really depends if we're talking proven youngsters, compared to potential best list.

For example. Hawthorn havent unveiled Ellis, Muston or Dowler yet to name a few. Therefore they cannot really be judged, but for all we know will be great players. A strange poll really.

rick James said:
Was that a question or an answer? You're a confusing poster, I'm not sure if you're actually ******ed, ro just really dumb. Anyway, the point is, it's not like it's clearly Melbourne who have the best young kids, it's a valid poll. I think you're just being a grumpy gus.
It was a statement :rolleyes:

tomthetiger said:
Really depends if we're talking proven youngsters, compared to potential best list.

For example. Hawthorn havent unveiled Ellis, Muston or Dowler yet to name a few. Therefore they cannot really be judged, but for all we know will be great players. A strange poll really.

That's the key. It's hard to compare apples to apple seeds, isn't it?

I can't believe Lions have polled so low. I voted Hawks though. Part of the reason they have such a quality list of youngsters is because they have such a ridiculous quantity of youngsters. The only thing that might stop them from becoming a real flag winner in the near future is the fact that they lack those older hands for leadership value. I think they might have taken the youth policy too far and now realising this by talking up the prospect of bringing Aker of all people (good footy player, but not necessarily the type of character to instil discipline and unity in a team)

KUNG FU said:
I can't believe Lions have polled so low. I voted Hawks though. Part of the reason they have such a quality list of youngsters is because they have such a ridiculous quantity of youngsters. The only thing that might stop them from becoming a real flag winner in the near future is the fact that they lack those older hands for leadership value. I think they might have taken the youth policy too far and now realising this by talking up the prospect of bringing Aker of all people (good footy player, but not necessarily the type of character to instil discipline and unity in a team)

Spot on. That's what i'm beginning to fear as well. If only we could recruit another Paul Salmon type - was a champion who provided fantastic experience for the youngsters at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best list of kids?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back