Best list of kids?

Remove this Banner Ad

footynuts99 said:
philhawk, perhaps Everitt was meant to be that player, but it seems now he'll be going to Sydney, or away from Hawthorn atleast, at seasons end.

Perhaps, but we need someone with a great off-field attitude who the youngsters can look up to. If our youngsters are looking up to Spida as a role model then we're ****ed.

philhawk said:
Perhaps, but we need someone with a great off-field attitude who the youngsters can look up to. If our youngsters are looking up to Spida as a role model then we're ****ed.

You've go that right philhawk. Spida seems disinterested with everything at the moment. And to think he wanted to be captain of Hawthorn!!:D

Gotta go with Hawthorn, because with Roughead and Franklin, they appear to have two talls with matchwinning potential.

Not to mention kids like Lewis, Birchall, Murphy and Young who just go about their business and get it done.

But the thing that gets them over the line for mine is how much untapped potential they have in their kids.

We haven't even SEEN 4 of their top 22 picks from the 2005 draft, or Travis Tuck, their F/S selection - Realistically, if we weren't counting Murphy and Kennedy for Carlton, or Thomas and Pendlebury for Collingwood, would we be looking at their kids as highly?

Xavier Ellis, Beau Dowler, Max Bailey, Beau Muston and Travis are all talented kids who've yet to see the light of day at AFL level. I don't think any list in the AFL can list the caliber of young players of Roughead, Franklin, Lewis, Birchall, Young and Murphy and then still have that kind of talent to add into that group.

And if you go on the definition of "kids" as "Under 23", then the talent pool gets even deeper, as you could also add in Luke Hodge, Rick Ladson, Brad Sewell and Luke Brennan.

They definitely get my vote.

Great Poll:rolleyes: .....16 teams in the comp last time I counted.

Would put our list of kids against any of you lot without hesitation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a couple of things wrong with this poll. Firstly not every side is represented incl. the Weagles who have almost the best youngsters.

Secondly, there is no guidelines as to what a youngster is. Thirdly it is beyond me why Hawthorn has attracted such a strong vote. Franklin and Mitchell are the only standout youngsters but I guess people are going by Rising Star nominations which aren't as a good an indicator as some would think

Brisbane has the best list of kids. Most of them were drafted later than the Hawthorn ones, the Hawks still have their best youngsters and experianced players there and they're about third last. The Lions has lots of youngsters in their line-up and the Lions are about 11th. This is due to our massive injury list so guys like Rischitelli, Moody and Sherman are making an impact. I wonder how our full-strength team would be like next year!

Keithy George said:
Thirdly it is beyond me why Hawthorn has attracted such a strong vote. Franklin and Mitchell are the only standout youngsters but I guess people are going by Rising Star nominations which aren't as a good an indicator as some would think
Allow me to intervene. VV makes the exact point of why so many Hawthorn supporters are excited about the future.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Gotta go with Hawthorn, because with Roughead and Franklin, they appear to have two talls with matchwinning potential.

Not to mention kids like Lewis, Birchall, Murphy and Young who just go about their business and get it done.

But the thing that gets them over the line for mine is how much untapped potential they have in their kids.

We haven't even SEEN 4 of their top 22 picks from the 2005 draft, or Travis Tuck, their F/S selection - Realistically, if we weren't counting Murphy and Kennedy for Carlton, or Thomas and Pendlebury for Collingwood, would we be looking at their kids as highly?

Xavier Ellis, Beau Dowler, Max Bailey, Beau Muston and Travis are all talented kids who've yet to see the light of day at AFL level. I don't think any list in the AFL can list the caliber of young players of Roughead, Franklin, Lewis, Birchall, Young and Murphy and then still have that kind of talent to add into that group.

And if you go on the definition of "kids" as "Under 23", then the talent pool gets even deeper, as you could also add in Luke Hodge, Rick Ladson, Brad Sewell and Luke Brennan.

They definitely get my vote.

don vito of fitzroy said:
Brisbane has the best list of kids. Most of them were drafted later than the Hawthorn ones, the Hawks still have their best youngsters and experianced players there and they're about third last. The Lions has lots of youngsters in their line-up and the Lions are about 11th.
But if you were paying attention you'd see that some of our higher picks haven't even debuted yet. Hence the reason people think we have the best kids. Most people are well aware of Roughead, Lewis and Franklin, but Dowler, Ellis and Muston had just as much, if not more interest in them pre draft.
And then we got big Max, who will be an absolute gem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best list of kids?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back