Opinion Best on-field Richmond performance in recent history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Now, im not talking about the best game you've seen, but a game where you think the team has played its best footy.

Personally, it was the '17 Qualifying Final against Geelong. Our pressure in that game was something scary. We were ferocious all night and made Geelong look second rate.

Another one would have been the Grand Final against the Giants. I remember being there and just seeing GWS continually fail to break us down. Our defensive set-up was impenetrable and we could score at will.

Again, this is about games where we objectively played some of our best footy.

I'll have a better think, but one game that stands out to be is late in 2017 against Freo. We won by 100 points IIRC. It just seemed like we were absolutely blistering at the time, particularly with skills.

We've played some amazing footy in finals though, for sure.

I'll have a better think, but one game that stands out to be is late in 2017 against Freo. We won by 100 points IIRC. It just seemed like we were absolutely blistering at the time, particularly with skills.

We had a poor first quarter from memory, then come out and annihilated them in the 2nd quarter despite Fyfe playing a blinder. Was amazing to watch.

Now, im not talking about the best game you've seen, but a game where you think the team has played its best footy.

Personally, it was the '17 Qualifying Final against Geelong. Our pressure in that game was something scary. We were ferocious all night and made Geelong look second rate.

Another one would have been the Grand Final against the Giants. I remember being there and just seeing GWS continually fail to break us down. Our defensive set-up was impenetrable and we could score at will.

Again, this is about games where we objectively played some of our best footy.

Saw the title, immediately thought Dusty 2017 Qualifying Final against Geelong. Best individual performance I have ever seen live.

That match when we went to Port Adelaide with all the big guns out and Shedda led the team. Nobody gave us a chance and we played out of our skins. That was when we and everyone realised that a system can win despite who the INs and OUTs are as long as the effort is there.

Decent reminder for tonight's game.

That match when we went to Port Adelaide with all the big guns out and Shedda led the team. Nobody gave us a chance and we played out of our skins. That was when we and everyone realised that a system can win despite who the INs and OUTs are as long as the effort is there.

Decent reminder for tonight's game.
That was a cracker.

I think that was the game where this happened

I think the commentary team all looked like this
1680230517925.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Best on-field Richmond performance in recent history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back