Best player of the Decade

Remove this Banner Ad

^Personally I rate Michael as one defender ahead of Scarlett in the 00's.

Mal Michael was an excellent fullback when he played for Brisbane, but he is one-dimensional compared to Scarlett. Scarlett could defend one on one just as well in his prime before he became so attacking, and now, well, he is so good at attacking whilst defending.

Then where are his AA selections and B+Fs?

If anyone from that Brisbane team can lay claim to being better than Scarlett it's Leppitsch.

^The fact that Mal Michael never got an AA selection is an absolute joke in my opinion.

And to clarify, I rate Michael as a one-on-one negator greater than Scarlett. Scarlett can obviously do other things better, such as running out with the ball from the defensive area

Not saying he is given his injury nightmares of the past three seasons, but seriously, how many other key position candidates have a CV better than this?

Warren Tredrea (2000-Present)

Games: 189
Goals: 415
Port Adelaide leading goalkicker 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005
All-Australian Centre Half Forward 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
All-Australian Vice-Captain 2004
Port Adelaide John Cahill Medal 2001, 2004, 2005
Port Adelaide John Cahill Medal Runner-Up 2002, 2003
Port Adelaide Pre-season premiership team 2002
Leigh Matthews Trophy Third Placed 2003, 2004
Port Adelaide Premiership team 2004 (captain)
AFL Coaches Association Player of the Year 2004
Herald-Sun Player of the Year 2004
3AW Player of the Year 2004
The Advertiser Player of the Year 2004
Triple M Player of the Year 2004
The Age Player of the Year 2004
Showdown Medal 2004 (Round 22)
Port Adelaide Captain 2006-2008

This bloke should be on that list ahead of six of the players named.

This is a very bad poll.

^The fact that Mal Michael never got an AA selection is an absolute joke in my opinion.

And to clarify, I rate Michael as a one-on-one negator greater than Scarlett. Scarlett can obviously do other things better, such as running out with the ball from the defensive area
Yeah fair enough, and I agree he was verrrry unlucky not to get an AA during his Brisbane years.

Carey.

Since when was Chris Judd ever a better player than Carey?
I didn't know people rated his Adelaide years so highly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here you are simply demonstrating a short term memory capacity, or else you just didn't percieve it how it was.

Scarlett has won 4 AAs this decade. His first two, in 2003 and 2004, were achieved as a result of an incredible ability to 'stop' opposition forwards. I can't recall exactly what his figures were, but he conceded ridiculously few goals in both years. Geelong finished 12th in 2003 as well mind you, so her certainly was not getting any protection from a gun midfield.

His most recent two AAs, in 2007 and 2008, were moreso a recognition of his talent as a playmaker and attacking defender. He still defends when he needs to, but Geelong are good enough to allow him to run it out with regularity.

It quintissential BigFooty crap, that so many people just don't remember accurately what happened even 5 years ago.

Ben Cousins (the best player in the great eagles midfield), hird, voss, pav, black take your pick. All after 2000>>>Judd IMO

...Why are people ignoring the fact that a lot of these suggested players are retired? Hird misses 2007 points and I'll argue that Judd is better than Black, Cousins and Crawford.

People hate Judd too much just because he plays for Carlton so they take the illogical vote.

...Why are people ignoring the fact that a lot of these suggested players are retired? Hird misses 2007 points and I'll argue that Judd is better than Black, Cousins and Crawford.

People hate Judd too much just because he plays for Carlton so they take the illogical vote.

Yes & Judd did not debut until 2002, It's everyones opinion.

& for mine I don't think as he plays for carlton has anything to do with it, Has not been much mention for ablett either & I think he is more of a complete footballer than judd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best player of the Decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back