Best player to come off a rookie list

Remove this Banner Ad

Longy413 said:
Essendon have had two Premiership rookies in Mark Johnson and Gary Moorcroft.

Mark Johnson the only rookie list player to win a club B&F?

Robertson won our best and fairest a couple of years ago and i think stynes mite have, well he won a brownlow.. but according to above he wasnt a rookie so forget about that lol

demonfire said:
Robertson won our best and fairest a couple of years ago and i think stynes mite have, well he won a brownlow.. but according to above he wasnt a rookie so forget about that lol

Teague won the Blues' last year and Kirk will win the Swans this year if he continues the way he has so far (after consecutive 2nd place finishes in 2003 and 2004).

richcogs said:
Fletcher by a Mileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
A mile ahead of Mal Michaels? I don't think so. Fletcher is a better player but Mal Michaels is a far more important one who plays a key position in defense. And since the rule is and has always been that tall is always greater than a small Mal Michaels has to be considered the best player to be a rookie promotion of all time.

Surprised Kirk hasn't got more of a look in! Fantastic player! Fletcher is also a fantastic player! "Quiet"-fantastic best sums him up in my opinion!

And Big Cox. Well, only young with a handful of games under the belt! But wow, sure has a couple of decent years ahead of him! great to watch! Rucking the old school!

And Mal Michael...enough said! Best full back of the last 5 years!

BonScott1 said:
Surprised Kirk hasn't got more of a look in! Fantastic player! Fletcher is also a fantastic player! "Quiet"-fantastic best sums him up in my opinion!

And Big Cox. Well, only young with a handful of games under the belt! But wow, sure has a couple of decent years ahead of him! great to watch! Rucking the old school!

And Mal Michael...enough said! Best full back of the last 5 years!

Your right about Kirk. He's an All Australian, he's the best tagger in the business and a excellent midfielder in his own right.

Longy413 said:
Essendon have had two Premiership rookies in Mark Johnson and Gary Moorcroft.

Mark Johnson the only rookie list player to win a club B&F?

Andrew Thompson came off the old supp. list, and Steven Milne won a club goalkicking award.

Falchoon said:
Andrew Thompson came off the old supp. list, and Steven Milne won a club goalkicking award.

Supp list players were basically just reserve top up players. At no stage could they be promoted to the senior side within a season.

In reality a then supp. list player is no different to a current day VFL player. It would be akin to the Roos drafting B.Schwarze etc.

Brad Green was a supp list player at Essendon.

w00dy said:
he was drafted straight from the mariners... when was he a supp list player @ essendon...?

Might have been Cam Bruce then.
I remember Melbourne drafting someone that played a few games in the Essendon reserves. For some reason Green came to mind, but obviously it wasn't him. Back then you used to be able to use players from local leagues to make up numbers but it was capped at a maximum of three games per player, so local clubs weren't weakened or reluctant to release their players. Obviously wasn't Green as he came straight from the U18's, but Bruce came from the ammo's didn't he?

Adam Kingsley was on the Essendon supp list for a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Green played about 3 reserves games for Essendon in 1999, but was still a Tassie U18 player at the time. Don't recall Cam Bruce ever playing with the Dons.

B-P-B said:
People need to see Coxy week in and week out...

I am one of those pathetic people that watch 5+ games every week and have seen most of the WCE games this year (1 far too closely at Subiaco last week) but I still rate Everitt ahead of Cox.

Both are streets ahead of everybody else but I do put Everitt ahead, however slightly.

bozza1980 said:
I am one of those pathetic people that watch 5+ games every week
Welcome to the club

bozza1980 said:
and have seen most of the WCE games this year (1 far too closely at Subiaco last week) but I still rate Everitt ahead of Cox. Both are streets ahead of everybody else but I do put Everitt ahead, however slightly.

Fair enough. Yes I would admit they are both clearly superior, ATM, to any other ruckmen. I'd put Cox ever so slightly ahead of Everitt but then I've got my Blue & Gold glasses on.

pazza said:
Best Rookie List Elevation Team

B: Lockyer, Michael, Johnson
HB: Teague, Kennelly, Tivendale
C: Rioli, Fletcher, Copeland
HF: Lovett-Murray, Brogan, Lovett
F: Davey, Cox, Lynch
R: Sandilands, Kirk, McDonald
Int: Walsh, Ward, Peverill, French

LOL. I can see why I'm so important on these boards. :cool:

B: Teague Micheal Johnson

HB: Kennelly Hadrill Thornton

C: Mattner Kirk Copeland

HF: Lovett Robertson Tivendale

F: Davey Kingsley Milne

FOL: Cox Pervrill Fletcher

Int:
Lynch
Rioli
Brogan
McDonald

hayden skipworth is better than any that ive heard mentioned......but if that dusnt do it for ya...nathan bock.

bozza1980 said:
I am one of those pathetic people that watch 5+ games every week and have seen most of the WCE games this year (1 far too closely at Subiaco last week) but I still rate Everitt ahead of Cox.

I would have agreed with you, except that Cox had the better of Everitt when they played on each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best player to come off a rookie list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back