Best players in Country Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Trent the flight Steward said:
Jason DeGraaf would have to be the best wet weather footballer in country victoria, never seems to lose his feet
although age would be catching up with him now

who does he play for mate?

Junkie said:
Has Bullen really signed for Heidelberg? Is that where Justin Murphy plays?
Yes junkie you know your footy murph has been putting on an absolute clinic in the dvfl and Bullen one hundred percent signed been training there and travelling to shep to play

brad miller for darley. on richmonds rookie list previously. gun. 30 posie from full forward ina pinch hitting role. country lad at heart or would else have made it

Miller a very very good player, only 22 or 23?, plays footy the old fashioned way, with a bit of grunt.
i would think he's one of the best under the age of 24 running around in vic country.

Gumby said:
Robbie Walker until his forced retirement. The best ever country footballer in Australia bar none! Absolute champion on and more importantly off the field.

I was lucky enough to have played on Robbie Walker and he is easily the best player i have seen. Playing on the ball or centre half forward it didn't matter he could win games off his own boot. He played in a very successful era for The Wangaratta Rovers winnig B&F's, League Medals and Premieships simply outstanding. I was fortunate enough to be the bloke that finished playing on Robbie in his last game and i'll always feel honoured to have played on the best in the bush.

chopsewie said:
Has signed legal document at heidelberg for next year . Robbie walker the best country footballer best metro Jamie spider Shaw :cool:

Where is Jamie Spida Shaw these days? i haven't heard anything about him since his days at Corowa when he very rarely left the goal square but still kicked a heap of goals.

Gordon 'Sting' Sumner would have to be up there, i believe the lowest he finished in a club best and fairest was 4th, he was picked in two best ever teams, captain of bendigo interleague, R/U league B&F and best first year player at Collingwood

Trent the flight Steward said:
I believe it was jardine that lost the plot, not degraaf he went back home becaue his wife was homesick and i also believe an ex president took the money

i am pretty sure there were some dodgy circumstances surrounding Degraffs departure. But you are right it was Jardine who went off. Was a turbulent time at Kerang there for a while

ROOTA#6 said:
i am pretty sure there were some dodgy circumstances surrounding Degraffs departure. But you are right it was Jardine who went off. Was a turbulent time at Kerang there for a while
Yes after Jardine was sacked i beleive he still came to train after signing with Quamby, and tried to beat up the kerang playerss and steal footballs and pushbikes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tony brown would have to be up there from leopold footy club (geelong) named in all australian team this year and was David Code
medallist for best VCFL player of carnival for country vic.

ringo1 said:
Frank Fopiani is definitely a major league player!
Here are my top ten in no order;
Robbie Walker -Wang Rovers-O&M
John Brunner - Yarrawonga,Barooga-O&M, Murray FL
Earnie Hug jnr-Sale- WGLFL
Greg Moorley-Traralgon-WGFL
Frank Fopiani-Nth Shore- GFL
Dean Bennett- Swan Hill-CMFL
Brendan Parker-Grovedale, Nathalia-GFL,MFL
Brian Hinkley-Camperdown-Hampden
Tony Hickey-Imperials-Sunraysia
Rod Taylor-Morwell-WGLFL

There are obviously others that are at this level,but can't recall off the top of my head.Eg; Rhys Archard-Echuca, Saad Saad, Ron Watt etc etc

Rod Taylor plays in the 2's at Cowwarr in the NGFL and is a nut

half time raffle said:
Where is Jamie Spida Shaw these days? i haven't heard anything about him since his days at Corowa when he very rarely left the goal square but still kicked a heap of goals.
He just the same spider still a drunk and mad punter still lives in a caravan out the back of his mums .HE give it away in 02 after a stint up at craigieburn suffers from gout .The best full forward ive ever seen play local footy and im sure a lot of people would back me up there.

simplesimon said:
Miller a very very good player, only 22 or 23?, plays footy the old fashioned way, with a bit of grunt.
i would think he's one of the best under the age of 24 running around in vic country.
Yep, a chip off the old block.

wat do ppl think about if there was an under 25 comp that was like the TAC cup. i think it would be very good because it give players that start playing good footy when they are older than 18 a chance to get look at by afl an i think it would be come a very strong comp

the grovey boys said:
wat do ppl think about if there was an under 25 comp that was like the TAC cup. i think it would be very good because it give players that start playing good footy when they are older than 18 a chance to get look at by afl an i think it would be come a very strong comp

Whats the VFL for??? Not a very good idea.

the grovey boys said:
it would just take more players away from country clubs.

Sean Charles, when he shows up, is just a dominant footballer. He was/is playing at Lalbert, a struggling team, and used to just dominate. I know the Central Murray is not a major league but Charles played AFL and was obviously rated or St Kilda and Carlton would not have persisted with him. He was also very hard. Every game he would take at least one opposition player out with his tackling.

Another guy I have heard mentioned from back in the day is Richie Carmes from Murrayville. He was meant to be one of the best ever.

Tempy Tiger said:
Sean Charles, when he shows up, is just a dominant footballer. He was/is playing at Lalbert, a struggling team, and used to just dominate. I know the Central Murray is not a major league but Charles played AFL and was obviously rated or St Kilda and Carlton would not have persisted with him. He was also very hard. Every game he would take at least one opposition player out with his tackling.

Another guy I have heard mentioned from back in the day is Richie Carmes from Murrayville. He was meant to be one of the best ever.
booza robertson tgp

Remove this Banner Ad

Best players in Country Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back