Best players in Country Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Iknowfooty said:
where will he be playing in melbourne if he leaves corowa

Not sure where he will be playing..but goes real well

another from OMFL not playing here now in melb...is Brad Thompson from Wodonga Bulldogs - 7 Best and Fairest in a row, played alot of country rep games as well as Vic country...26 years old, 6' 4'' plays CHB, CHF and on ball ---now playing in melb now for HUGE $$$$$$:D

Anyone heard of bloke called Noel Coutts? He had a couple of years at Violet Town a few years back for two league medals, i think he plays for Holbrook now? Can anyone fill me in?

One of the best country footballers i have ever seen would be Paul McLoughlan of Ararat. He can play anywhere. Everyone keeps talking about the major leagues who are some good footballers from some smaller leagues.
Tatyoon - Sean McDougall and Damian Cameron are two very talented young footballers who are going to go places.

BODZY#32 said:
Anyone heard of bloke called Noel Coutts? He had a couple of years at Violet Town a few years back for two league medals, i think he plays for Holbrook now? Can anyone fill me in?

Coutts won a league medal in the central Murray for Tyntynder?A good player but he left that region after some dubious financial transactions or he stole some stuff from his workplace. May have been the only trouble he got in but he can play.

:) not going to read 16 other pages but has anyone mentioned lukey saunders from gisborne in the bendigo league
represented vcfl last year and kicked a miracle goal while being tackled to the turf, won bendigo league michelsen medal in 05, captained bendigo to victory in the pool c championships at barooga last month lifting bendigo back to pool b and in the top 6 leagues in victoria
did pre season with carlton i think -- maybe melbourne -- in 2004-05 summer

Lance Picione and his brother Leigh would be up there. Lance has been very good since moving up to Boort, brings everyone into the game. Leigh is just a weapon can't tackle him just so strong.

Youngen said:
Lance Picione and his brother Leigh would be up there. Lance has been very good since moving up to Boort, brings everyone into the game. Leigh is just a weapon can't tackle him just so strong.

Sound alot like Steven Sandford. Plays for longwood in the BDFL. Great upper body strenght and power built thighs for bursting through packs as he does at will. Co*ckhead of a bloke though!

Apologies if he has already been mentioned, but i saw a bloke named Luke Saunders play for Bendigo at the interleague tournament in Barooga recently and he is a gun! Captained the side and played forward -- aparently does the odd pre-season in the AFL. Plays for Gisborne?

Lalbert superstar Sean Charles is unstoppable when he gets going. Played AFL for three clubs and still has it.

Tooleybuc/Manangatang's Jarrod Arentz led the state VCFL goal-kicking tally last year with 140. Not too many better footballers pound-for-pound than this guy.

have we mentioned dan jordan in there from east point?

last month he's kicked somehthing like 14, 15, 9 16.

massive unit and just has the dukes working all day.

iamfooty said:
Apologies if he has already been mentioned, but i saw a bloke named Luke Saunders play for Bendigo at the interleague tournament in Barooga recently and he is a gun! Captained the side and played forward -- aparently does the odd pre-season in the AFL. Plays for Gisborne?

Lalbert superstar Sean Charles is unstoppable when he gets going. Played AFL for three clubs and still has it.

Tooleybuc/Manangatang's Jarrod Arentz led the state VCFL goal-kicking tally last year with 140. Not too many better footballers pound-for-pound than this guy.
Luke Saunders has been mentioned on here about 6 times and rightly so , absolute superstar , i believe Damian Drum recently commented that he's the hardest footballer he's ever seen , huge call coming from a bloke with his credentials , i dont think you would get to many arguments from any one thats seen this bloke play .

THAT is a big call from Drummie, Bears. But you wouldn't get too many arguments about Lukie being in the best few in country Victoria.
If his back is OK he'll walk into the combined VCFL team again.
I see Michael Dillon is getting a few mentions on here .... he's another one from Gisborne who is having a stellar season, along with Darren Farrugia and a few others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bearsboy said:
Luke Saunders has been mentioned on here about 6 times and rightly so , absolute superstar , i believe Damian Drum recently commented that he's the hardest footballer he's ever seen , huge call coming from a bloke with his credentials , i dont think you would get to many arguments from any one thats seen this bloke play .

Sean Charles would be my choice for the best player that i have seen running around in the country. Can do absolutely anything. Lance Brown from Lalbert would be close to him. Played a few years at North Ballarat, came back and won the Central Murray league medal by 14 votes, in a side that won only four games, ansd recently played great footy at the interleague carnival

Good thread this. I reckon there is a bloke at Darley FC (Ballarat FL) called Rob McMahon who plays CHF. He would have to be the best CHF in country footy - absolute rolls royce !

ok boys gisborne got 3 in the vcfl initial squad for the aussie country champs on the gold coast
saunders and dillon mentioned on here are in --- plus shane davis, also from the gisborne bulldogs saunders being mentioned as possible vcfl captain
see ross funcke, former richmond, and now coaching in the north central league got in as well as ex afl player mark porter (benalla gvfl) joe mclaren (hampden league) michael stevens (murray league) and craig ednie (y'wonga, o and m)
did marc greig from the warrak eagles in the wimmera play afl footy he played for the big w at the pool c champs in barooga in may

BOBCAT said:
Not sure where he will be playing..but goes real well

another from OMFL not playing here now in melb...is Brad Thompson from Wodonga Bulldogs - 7 Best and Fairest in a row, played alot of country rep games as well as Vic country...26 years old, 6' 4'' plays CHB, CHF and on ball ---now playing in melb now for HUGE $$$$$$:D

Brad Thompson.. saw him play a lot of his juniors at wodonga. Played in a junior side with some very handy players. i remember a few names that all played with or against each other through out their juniors. A few names that were handy around that era were... Adam pearce, Luke true, Darren Bradshaw, Brett Connors and both Fraser Gehrig and Daniel Bradshaw were around back then.

Jock Clark 2 said:
HAS Marc Greig from the Wimmera League got a mention here.
If not, he should. He's a top player.

Greigy should still be playing for the Roosters, way too good for the bush just yet

Must agree about David Landini as he was the best I've seen outside Melbourne and what made him so great was he played in the engine room all the time and always kept his feet. He never had many down days and his record proves it. Another great was Trevor Sutton the goal kicking machine. He constantly kicked over 200 a season. Yes he had it given to him but he still had to kick them himself. Not sure if he is still running around ATM.

Tassie Devil said:
Must agree about David Landini as he was the best I've seen outside Melbourne and what made him so great was he played in the engine room all the time and always kept his feet. He never had many down days and his record proves it. Another great was Trevor Sutton the goal kicking machine. He constantly kicked over 200 a season. Yes he had it given to him but he still had to kick them himself. Not sure if he is still running around ATM.
OVER 200 A SEASON! are you sure, or do you need a toilet roll installed on your chin?

FROGDOG17 said:
OVER 200 A SEASON! are you sure, or do you need a toilet roll installed on your chin?

Consistently over 200 might be extending it a bit but he did kick over 200 on a few occassions

journeyman said:
Consistently over 200 might be extending it a bit but he did kick over 200 on a few occassions

Yeah reckon Ive heard that of Sutton, was up around Denilliquin way I think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Best players in Country Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back