Best players in Country Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

yer good picks, Rick Symes is a class above the rest of them, spoke to him yesterday and recons he can beat the record of goals in the gv this year with delivery from stevens brothers, priest, shiels, sharp, mcfarlane etc, i played 1 year with him best nick hes ever been in.

In the day they didn't get better then Jamie Bond and Brett Gloury. But today Brett cook is a terrific player and Luke Saunders.

Thats just Bendigo

Toadfooty said:
In the day they didn't get better then Jamie Bond and Brett Gloury. But today Brett cook is a terrific player and Luke Saunders.

Thats just Bendigo

I'd have to say the best bloke I've seen would also be Dean Bennet. His skill is incredible, just a freak.
As for those players TF has mentioned from the Bendigo Footy League I definitely wouldn't say Brett Cook. Luke Saunders, yes, but Cook never.

Angwin is 200cm, but over rated.

nicnat said:
yer good picks, Rick Symes is a class above the rest of them, spoke to him yesterday and recons he can beat the record of goals in the gv this year with delivery from stevens brothers, priest, shiels, sharp, mcfarlane etc, i played 1 year with him best nick hes ever been in.

Pencil him in for a bagel each time he meets possible the best full back in country vic- jeff anderson!

According to the Echuca guys, Silas Laidlaw would be up there... picks blokes up and drops them like the wrestlers on TV do !! What a player

carntheblue&whitehoops said:
ive noticed not many if any geelong league or o&m players mentioned any thoughts guys?

What about
Jason Wilde
Craig Ednie
Jason Lappin
Brad Murray
Adrian Newman
Tim Sanson
Corey Brown
Richard Ambrose
Hayden Sharp

Just to name a few. If you want I can keep on going on but it will probably take up to many pages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty big call at this time of his carreer...Daniel Needs...St Arnaud....6 club B/F's straight, was in club team of the (half) century at age 19 can play anywhere up the guts, Ruck, Ruck Rover, wing......

I agree that there are def a lot of o and m players who should be on the list ahead of many other players previously mentioned by others in the lesser league. I believe that players from leagues in division one VCFL champs should be given greater consideration just because they have to be more dominant against greater opposition. 2-3 years ago Jason Wild was by far the best player in the VCFL. His all round hardness, endurance and skill ranked him among the top country players in the state. Tim Hargraves and Craig Ednie certainly must be up there just below wild.

Tony Hickey - Coached and played in 9 Premierships. 2 X Sunraysia FL best and fairest. 2006 SFL interleague coach.
Jason Spivey - 2 time McLeod Medalist (Sunraysia FL best and Fairest) and 2 time best interleague player including last year having played with a broken ankle in the last game.
Matthew Walder. 2 League best and Fairest and 2006 interleague best player in the Wimmera League. One of the classiest players I ever seen. Is now 36 and coach of Wagga Tigers in ACT/NSW AFL and still beats everyone in the time trials running a 3km in under 10min.

Anyone know these guys and what do you think.

Gotheroos said:
What about
Jason Wilde
Craig Ednie
Jason Lappin
Brad Murray
Adrian Newman
Tim Sanson
Corey Brown
Richard Ambrose
Hayden Sharp

Just to name a few. If you want I can keep on going on but it will probably take up to many pages.
tell me about newman

Remove this Banner Ad

Best players in Country Vic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back