Best players of the 2019 Finals series? Which players will unexpectedly make a name for themselves like Dom Sheed in 2018? ( page 4 current discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad call after one game, I thought he was pretty close to, if not BOG last night.

We can put a line through about 18 of the Hawks from last night. I know Sicily has missed a block of games but I had high hopes for him. He was abysmal last night.

Caddy and Rioli equal for me last night

A handful of players could of been bog last night though

Jaeger O'Meara looks ready made for finals watching Thursday night's game. I could see him being our best of the finals. Also, James Sicily got better as the game went on, starting out as pretty bad but he started defending really well and looked super composed. I think with better conditions and a final under his belt, he could be really good. This is of course just my "best for Hawthorn" choices.

I'll go out on a limb and say someone like Isaac Heeney or Jamie Cripps. Not noted as big game players in finals (Heeney has been good in a few), interested to see whether that changes.

Yeo is your typical Norm Smith mold, but other Eagles like Jack Redden or Shannon Hurn might have a superior finals series. Dusty looks very hungry for a rampage once again, easiest pick.

Not a bad call after one game, I thought he was pretty close to, if not BOG last night.

We can put a line through about 18 of the Hawks from last night. I know Sicily has missed a block of games but I had high hopes for him. He was abysmal last night.

Statistically he was our 6th best player on the night. Also tough conditions for a clean player who relies on intercept possessions. Harsh call on him.

Martin will probably win it again. Melbourne had such an even team performance last night it's hard to pick just 1 who could go on to be the individual player of the finals series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaegar is built for finals. Not sure if he has enough in the tank to play 3-4 grueling games in a row but the experience will benefit him.

Was impressive on Thursday. If he can build on his experience this year than watch out for his next campaign.

2018 Finals series = Martin. He's unstoppable + he has great support in Cotchin/Prestia which means he has to do less of the hard stuff and do more of the brilliant stuff.

Richmond - Trent Cotchin
West Coast - Elliot Yeo
Collingwood - Scott Pendleberry
Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell
Melbourne - Max Gawn
GWS - Toby Greene

Norm Smith - Elliot Yeo (Wishful thinking)
James Harmes....

Nah Jack Riewoldt will light it up, best key forward in the game now.

Not now that Kennedy is back.

Yeo for sure. Maybe an easy answer but against one of the best midfields in the comp he was massive, particularly since Shuey had a quiet night. Takes the game in, tough as anything, fights hard, perfect player for finals.

I love Liam Picken and Yeo is basically a better version of him

If Richmond win it: Dustin Martin
If West Coast win it: Elliot Yeo
If Collingwood win it: Sidebottom
If Hawthorn win it: Shaun Burgoyne
If Melbourne win it: Max Gawn
If GWS win it: No idea

I don't really know about Yeo's history in finals and Gawn has never played finals, but I know for a fact as a pies fan that Sidebottom IS our "big game player". Made for finals he is. Burgoyne is the most clutch player I've ever seen too, and based off the first game and the last finals series it seems Martin is a good chance to be huge as well.

The 3 favourites for me ought to be Martin, Burgoyne and Sidebottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best players of the 2019 Finals series? Which players will unexpectedly make a name for themselves like Dom Sheed in 2018? ( page 4 current discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back