Best players of the 2019 Finals series? Which players will unexpectedly make a name for themselves like Dom Sheed in 2018? ( page 4 current discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If Richmond win it: Dustin Martin
If West Coast win it: Elliot Yeo
If Collingwood win it: Sidebottom
If Hawthorn win it: Shaun Burgoyne
If Melbourne win it: Max Gawn
If GWS win it: No idea

I don't really know about Yeo's history in finals and Gawn has never played finals, but I know for a fact as a pies fan that Sidebottom IS our "big game player". Made for finals he is. Burgoyne is the most clutch player I've ever seen too, and based off the first game and the last finals series it seems Martin is a good chance to be huge as well.

The 3 favourites for me ought to be Martin, Burgoyne and Sidebottom.
Richmond: I went with Cotchin instead of Dusty, his leadership in second to none and his influence as a result is massive. Someone like Yeo can shut down Dusty, but Cotchin even if he does not have the ball is vital to Richmond.
West Coast , Yeo not too much history to speak of in finals, more of the type of player he is and the current form he is in.
Sidebottom is a jet. Great footy brain and an elite user of the ball (bar that silly handball the other night) - Collingwoods best player
Hawthorn: It might be just me but I think Silk got old overnight - Tom Mitchell still does not get the credit he deserves ( Sydney are still kicking themselves)
Melbourne: Gawn is hands down the best ruckman since a prime Dean Cox - Melbourne's most influential player
GWS: Toby Green all the way, undeniable talent and ability to influence a game is a big as anyone in the league.

How can you go past Dusty, he's made for finals.

He's had a good year without being great, and you almost feel he has been going through the motions a little bit waiting for September.

Bolton and Stack for Richmond
For Collingwood De Goey will run riot. Mihocek to be dominant and Treloar to go nuts.

For Collingwood my guess would be Sidebottom who is probably our most "big game player", De Goey is another strong candidate to do well for us.

I think Pendles could really do well this finals series as well. He was seriously hampered by that back/nerve injury last season and I put his poor (at least imo) performances in last years finals down to that. But Pendles is a guy who goes up a level in finals normally.

Callum Brown is my dark horse for that guy who can make some great plays in some big moments and win us a game off of his own boot with a fantastic run and assist or a great goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Lions I think McCluggage will click into a new gear and tear a game apart. Making the AA squad will have given him confidence in himself.

Expecting Rayner to have some big moments as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best players of the 2019 Finals series? Which players will unexpectedly make a name for themselves like Dom Sheed in 2018? ( page 4 current discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back